Cant join modded servers

killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Probably wrong section but oh well</div>Everytime I join a modded server it says Im "missing a required mod" even though these servers are in my favorites and I played them all the time before, this just started recently. Anyone know how to fix this?

Sorry if this is the wrong section.

Comments

• tdunc-tdunc- Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179214Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    had that problem myself, I reset my client and that seemed to work for me.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2063480:date=Jan 19 2013, 08:46 PM:name=tdunc-)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tdunc- @ Jan 19 2013, 08:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2063480"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->had that problem myself, I reset my client and that seemed to work for me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    How would I do this?
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    When it happens, open the console(key is in the options).

Does it say there was an issue retrieving the mod? I get this as well sometimes, it's an issue with the Steam Cloud servers running the Steam Workshop. Just wait a while for the global load to decrease, or manually subscribe to the mod for Steam to download it for you so it doesn't timeout when you join the server.
  • MakasMakas Join Date: 2013-01-15 Member: 179678Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2063484:date=Jan 19 2013, 06:00 PM:name=Vitdom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vitdom @ Jan 19 2013, 06:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2063484"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->manually subscribe to the mod for Steam to download it for you so it doesn't timeout when you join the server.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This. Plus, manually turn off all mods in the Main Menu, restart steam(or just close the game) and than turn 'em on again. That works for me everytime.
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Its not a server overload it says I dont have the mod, but Ill check the console right now to be sure
    Checked the console it mounts all the mods but fails to load the extended consistency mod, theres gotta be a way around this if the servers are basically full 24/7
    Some day Id like to play ns2 again...someday
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    This problem is happening to other people as well. If automatically downloading the mod is failing, try manually subscribing to the mod instead. That seems to work for others.

Open the console and take note of which mods are not loading. Then go into Steam Workshop, find those mods, and subscribe to them. Then restart NS2. You should then be able to join the server that needed those specific mods.