Game needs more custimization, accesories and personal upgrades

ThunderBirdCThunderBirdC Join Date: 2013-01-19 Member: 180636Members
edited January 2013 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Such as enhancments for pistols or rifles infared goggles for humans</div>My personal opinion is that this game needs a little more variability and customization in each game for each player. I have a few ideas or examples for what could be added for humans and fewer examples for aliens. I think that humans should get small accessories and personal upgrades that they can buy. Flash grenades or energy draining nades for example. Extra ammo packs for weapons or maybe increased clip size packs. Infared and X-ray goggles and miniature radar helmets. Less awesome version of an ironman suit (that cant fly of course) for extra armor. more weapons added to the human's selection (We need dual wielding pistols and sub machine guns and a sniper rifle). upgrades you can buy for the pistol and rifle (Like incendiary rounds or faster fire rate). Exos should be cheaper have no weapons when purchased and have 3 slots (2 weapon slots and 1 accessories slot) and then be able to purchase what they want (claws would be free). These are just some suggestions for humans. I think that if some of these are implemented that it would make the game a little more interesting :D now for my alien suggestions

For alien ideas i think that perhaps some of the small aliens could evolve whip like tails or the ability to spit acid. there could be more alien types to evolve to like a parasite or a swarm of tiny flying aliens. some should be able to evolve to have poison bites while others might get claws that let you pull or yank humans around a little bit. I couldn't think of too many ideas for aliens but im sure the devs could think of others :D.

Finally i think maps should have special additions. Like a turret that can be repaired and then manned by a human or a location where some special nutrients let 1 alien evolve to a unique aliens or a deep science lab that contains 1 next generation prototype exo etc. EDIT: these areas with the unique aliens or prototype Exo would either be out of the game for X minutes or have some goal that needs to be completed to get them.

EDIT: Also more game modes
EDIT: some of these wouldn't work because of balance or the learning curve being to high but if some of these were implemented that would be awesome.
TL&DR: MORE VARIABILITY!! :)

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    I'd be all for more stuff, but not more attachments.

Its good to be able to see someone and know their capability, based off the class.

So sure, I want goggles, grenades, more deployables. Just not scopes, silencers, and minor evolutions (like that acid spit). I expect we will see some of this soon with that big content patch coming.
  • Josef KJosef K Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176829Members
    I definitely agree, especially on the marine side. Aliens already have a ton of variability with the different life forms, but marines only have a few options in how they can approach the game, and it seems like all of these can be abused in about the same way (slow marines, fast aliens. move out to attack, we take your base)

I think it's also important to incorporate counterability into anything new that's implemented. As an example of what I mean, whips and grenade launchers. Marines rushed for GLs? There's a counter for that. For anything new that's implemented for marines, aliens should have some option which at the very least brings them to be on par with it

A few other ideas for marine upgrades
    Ability to zoom in on an assault rifle (maybe incorporated with weapons level 2 or 3). Not widely useful, nothing that's going to change the game, but there are times when there is something far away that you need to shoot and a zoom would be useful

Slowly regenerating armor. Medpacks heal HP but not armor. Regenerating armor upgrade may help give marines a high aggression strategy where some marines are able to stay away from the base for long periods to harass. Something along the lines of 30 armor/minute (and only out of battle)

Ensnare traps. A trap which slows aliens passing through it, pretty useful for locational control. Highly potent for defense or offense in the early game, any time when aliens consist of units which rely on raw speed. Imagine getting a PG into the dome, setting an ensnare trap in that long hallway. Shoot the hive, back out when there's too many skulks, kill them as they hit the ensnare in the hallway
  • ThunderBirdCThunderBirdC Join Date: 2013-01-19 Member: 180636Members