Community Map Time!

124»

Comments

• swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2047552:date=Dec 18 2012, 01:05 PM:name=wiry)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wiry @ Dec 18 2012, 01:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2047552"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Only concern I've got is that Oxygenation and Security RT's seem pretty close together. Otherwise it's looking really cool and I can't wait to try it out.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I would like to see two hallways from Gravity, going to each of the nodes, so marines have to walk back to Gravity and then to the other node.
    Right now it seems like you could quickly kill both nodes.

Also, great job on this map everyone! It's really awesome to see a community project like this succeed! :)
  • BsychoBsycho Join Date: 2003-12-03 Member: 23900Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2012
    Hi, played jambi couple of times on our server and i like so far.

Found a little 'bug' there: if u build a drifter from the pipeline hive they cant leave the circular platform, maybe add a little ramp or something. This issue prevents aliens from having some early scout till they finished a 2nd hive (assuming they spawn in pipeline).

Also im playing on low settings and i have a feeling some of the rooms are a tad too bright when they are powererd. Maybe there could be a little more shadow in the corners, near ceiling etc.

Just my 2cents, keep up the good work.
  • MagrathMagrath Join Date: 2003-06-27 Member: 17739Members
    Is there going to be another project like this? I'd love to help.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    amazing how well jambi's rooms all go together considering they arent all by same person.
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2061609:date=Jan 17 2013, 09:09 AM:name=Magrath)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Magrath @ Jan 17 2013, 09:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2061609"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is there going to be another project like this? I'd love to help.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well why don't we see how many people are interested in a new project? :) post here if you are interested.

I'd be happy to help out in the initial stages to get things going in the right direction. There a lot of things all of us in the team learned and these lessons would significantly speed things up in a new project.

(i probably won't do any actual mapping - maybe some grey boxing for concepts).

edit: It would be cool to see something a bit different in terms of gameplay - a bit more of a unique layout, perhaps some clever things with power nodes ( like a power room that is able to turn off power to 1/3 of the map) that kind of thing. Maybe even a smaller map to keep the action fast.
    Also it absolutely MUST have a diagonal lift like in ns_bast :) (even if it does move).
  • TigTig Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71674Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    i'm in. put me down for a tech point and a hallway.
  • WorthyRivalWorthyRival Black Armor Division Join Date: 2006-11-07 Member: 58470Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Yeah put me down for a room on the next map project too.
  • jstoiajstoia Join Date: 2009-12-15 Member: 69667Members
  • xtcmenxtcmen Join Date: 2004-04-20 Member: 28040Members, Squad Five Blue
    I am making a Jambi, competitive version. I could use some help connecting some rooms with hallways. Please pm me.
  • aaSpideraaSpider Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73079Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I am interested in taking part in the next map project, maybe for a res node room or something.
    Although I have limited Spark mapping experience I was fairly proficient in Hammer back in the day.
  • bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    How is the second map project going? Have you guys started yet?
    bp2008 wrote: »
    How is the second map project going? Have you guys started yet?

Don't think we have started, I've got a few ideas though - does anyone want to be the co-ordinator for this? I'm pretty crap at co-ordinating, plus being in GMT+10 doesnt help :P

First of all we should probably start a new thread - then we can start inviting people to the basecamp site again.

• bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited February 2013
    Teehee. I would like to participate but I'd rather not try to coordinate everyone :D

My mapping experience consists mostly of creating silly maps for combat mode. And by silly maps I mean small and relatively simplistic maps designed to break the mold and do something that people hopefully find unique and interesting after a few rounds on standard maps. http://steamcommunity.com/id/brianp/myworkshopfiles/?4920
  • slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would love to get in on the next mapping project.

How soon do you think you'd be starting a new one?
    slayer20 wrote: »
    I would love to get in on the next mapping project.

How soon do you think you'd be starting a new one?

someone just has to start one :P

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    im willing to donate this room to your project since im not going to be using it anymore.
    2dtrfjq.jpg
    2uoq2rb.jpg
    2n9j7zd.jpg
    20a9t2e.jpg
    2rc7wjm.png