Female Marines/Marine Banter

flashlight_eyesflashlight_eyes Join Date: 2013-01-14 Member: 179634Members
<div class="IPBDescription">discussing some possible character improvements for marines</div>When playing natural selection 2 I find myself almost always preferring the aliens, and I think its because in comparison the marines feel very lifeless. I know natural selection 2 likes to pride itself at capturing the feeling of the alien/aliens movie (lets forget the other ones), but I think the game is drastically missing some good marine banter and character variation. I know they promised female marines a long while ago, hell theres even one on the website banner, so im just checking/getting variation that they are still in the works. Since they will need to be bringing voice actors anyway for the female marines Id love some great marine dialogue ala bad company 2 or battlefield 3. Some reaction when fellow marines are killed in front of you, or when killing aliens.

Id love some more faces for the marines as well, why are there no minority marines?

Comments

• CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    I love more banter, but I'd rather the developers focus on polish and balance issues first and foremost.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Banter should be over voice chat anyways.

"Nice shot!"

"Way to go, dummy."

"Roasty Toasty time! Let's go!"

etc.
  • CorpseyCorpsey Join Date: 2011-07-02 Member: 107538Members
    Hmm NS1 <i>did</i> have the occasional random darker-skinned marine

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/images/ns/screenshots/ns-skulkcam.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/images/ns/scr...ns-skulkcam.jpg</a>

which was cool.. diversity is a good thing. It would be excellent if the age/race/gender were a little more random. Necessary? not really *shrug*
  • whoppaXXLwhoppaXXL Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58298Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2060632:date=Jan 14 2013, 05:15 PM:name=CommunistWithAGun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CommunistWithAGun @ Jan 14 2013, 05:15 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2060632"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I love more banter, but I'd rather the developers focus on polish and balance issues first and foremost.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

B-but t-the polish w-will never e-end. :0
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    It would be fine to add some variety in marines models.

It would help reconize players as the model would stick to them for the round.

And, hum .. boobs upgrade please ! :D
  • pendelum5pendelum5 Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164317Members
    Exclusive Steam Breast Expansion DLC only $9.99! Female character packages starting at $19.99!
  • kespeckespec Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172279Members
    if this game was a stick it would be a plain wooden stick. its functional but...
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    <!--quoteo(post=2060917:date=Jan 15 2013, 09:24 PM:name=pendelum5)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pendelum5 @ Jan 15 2013, 09:24 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2060917"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Exclusive Steam Breast Expansion DLC only $9.99! Female character packages starting at $19.99!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I was just thinking about making a depraved comment but you just outdid anything I could have come up with by three.
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2060703:date=Jan 14 2013, 11:12 PM:name=Corpsey)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Corpsey @ Jan 14 2013, 11:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2060703"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hmm NS1 <i>did</i> have the occasional random darker-skinned marine

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/images/ns/screenshots/ns-skulkcam.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/images/ns/scr...ns-skulkcam.jpg</a>

which was cool.. diversity is a good thing. It would be excellent if the age/race/gender were a little more random. Necessary? not really *shrug*<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hoo boy memories. I remember during scrims I'd force the guy who got that model in game to do all the boring grunt work.
  • WakeWake Join Date: 2003-03-05 Member: 14351Members, Constellation
    Guess what, it might sell !!

But make shure model is bind to player gender ha ha ha.

Female model downside : When getting in Exo, the Exo becomes clumsy, get stuck into walls, fall down stairs, always obstruct teammates's way and is completely unable to park effectively :D
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2060932:date=Jan 15 2013, 02:59 PM:name=Wake)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wake @ Jan 15 2013, 02:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2060932"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Guess what, it might sell !!

But make shure model is bind to player gender ha ha ha.

Female model downside : When getting in Exo, the Exo becomes clumsy, get stuck into walls, fall down stairs, always obstruct teammates's way and is completely unable to park effectively :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Don't forget stops at anything "shiny" or "Sale" signs...

Must also add in Male EXO pilots must get lost and not ask directions.
  • princessprincess Yaaar&#33; Bristol Join Date: 2004-09-11 Member: 31605Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2060934:date=Jan 15 2013, 08:04 PM:name=MMZ_Torak)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MMZ_Torak @ Jan 15 2013, 08:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2060934"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Don't forget stops at anything "shiny" or "Sale" signs...

Must also add in Male EXO pilots must get lost and not ask directions.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Also cleans up all the hideous mess left behind by the male rines, provides top notch catering, picks up and drives home the males after a night in the bar, doesn't get that amazing new job/promotion because she's "of that age" and might have baby marines soon so no one wants to hire her....

Back on topic, female marine/female voice: I'm totally not bothered by the lack of this and don't feel discriminated against because there aren't any female game models. I don't think it'd add anything to the game for me. I'm sure funny stereotypical female banter or other voice commands would be amusing for a bit but it would probably grow old. I reserve the right to retract that in case it is awesome.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Well, classy as always. More model variants (male and female) are planned still. Locking this now.
This discussion has been closed.