NS2 Benchmark

WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">in ideal should be like Resident Evil 5 Benchmark</div>Too much people say what they have low FPS in NS2 (on last build version).
Even if you think what you play with normal FPS, in hot battle FPS falls drastically:

Exploding grenades, someone repair exo, Lerk's spores, flamethrowers, burst cysts, area of infection is changing, marines in Umbra, Onos with regeneration is attacking, Fade blinking and lot of everything that can simultaneously enter in the render scene on client side. Ppfuuhh, too much for my CPU.

May be need add in game benchmark with this scene, that I described? Or should be like in Resident Evil 5?
This should help developers understand, that in render scen need to fix (detaled FPS graph) and for players set best game options for high FPS (or change CPU).

Or someone will create Mod?

What you think?

Comments

• WellWell Join Date: 2006-10-04 Member: 58054Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    For example <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VflBVZnQM2o" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VflBVZnQM2o</a>
  • METROIDMETROID Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165171Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    +1, good idea to test your PC config.
  • SounDWavE1SounDWavE1 Join Date: 2005-02-06 Member: 40096Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    /Agree I would love to see a benchmark added
  • nsguynsguy Join Date: 2010-01-03 Member: 69869Members
    +1. I also wondered about this but never bothered asking. Valve's games have this and it's a very good way to accurately compare performance between players.
  • GreenFlameGreenFlame Join Date: 2011-03-17 Member: 86860Members
    edited January 2013
    Today I was messing up with graphical options(Build 237 is bit slower somehow) and realized that changes applied in real time and noticed(again) that options menu displays FPS as well! I thought I could instantly check both the look and performance and this is awesome!

But. But the background scene is not really complex and has no intense action, static camera and no infestation. And the menu itself obscures the background.

Please, add some scripted scenario scenes with different intensiveness. Or just a scene where you can move around and add objects so you can test and find best graphical configuration before jumping into the game.
    And being able to change options(without having to press ESC and to go to the Options tab every time) while watching the scripted scene/running around manually would be the best. It could work like this: press Tab and options pop up(somewhat like the voiceovers menu, maybe in the right part of the screen) without obscuring stuff too much, and you can click option, then press Tab again to hide the options and go on testing.

So, I support the original suggestion! =)