Vortex idea that would make it viable.

SaltSalt Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172766Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Small idea, Big impact.</div>Let vortex be applied to allies as well.

Not allied buildings, but only lifeforms.

Having two fades vortex two gorges running into an enemy siege line to kill arcs that are behind it?
Using it to break marine turtles, Vortex gorges to go behind the com chair and wreck stuff.
Save a low HP runing onos from dieing by vortexing it so it can run to safety.
Same would go for gorges in terms of saving.

If i had to realistically look at the research cost and time, i wouldn't pick this last anymore, And It can certainly be used in many different ways.

The only thing i dislike about this idea myself, Is that the fade shouldn't AT ALL feel like a support or utility role, on top of umbra, on top of gorge heal.

But in terms of taking progression, i think this, for now would make vortex a lot more worthwhile and viable to get.

Comments

• ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    You would need to do something to nerf it then. As it is, if your idea was added, it would be ridiculously overpowered.
  • nikodimus86nikodimus86 Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163188Members
    Using vortex on an retreating onos would be OP but if the duration of the vortex is shortened proportional to the size of the object. Maybe five sec for hive and maybe two sec for onos but 1-2 minutes for a cyst of drifter or skulk. Then I think this idea would work.

That way the fade would become a sort of jack-of-all-trades. You would be able to play defensively and offensively with it.
  • SkyPirateSkyPirate Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146845Members
    vortex should be a slow moving projectile thats how you make it viable its more simillier to acid shoot fade it had range before this would give it back
  • hakenspithakenspit Join Date: 2010-11-26 Member: 75300Members
    Interesting idea, the fact your visible but immune means the marines can see you and wait for you to exit the vortex and kill you.
    Perhaps it would only work for lifeforms below a fade (not onos and not self...fade has blink anyway).

Certainly a different slant on it to the normal (allow aliens to kill marines in vortex) suggestion.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited January 2013
    Vortex should be a teleport for enemy players

Fade blinks in, vortex a marine (aoe could mean multiple marines)

Fade now has 10-15 seconds to place another vortex

Any players under the effect for vortex are moved from one vortex to the other(make exo and jp swap places anyone?)

Max 2 vortexes at once

Can be used to remove high tech marines from turtled bases and deny advanced tech. Vortex out the last exo and murder it -> take the under defended base

Can be used to split apart marine squads so the fade can still use hit-and-run tactics, even with armories healing armor