Assult rifle jamming

current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
edited January 2013 in Technical Support
Has any one else experienced this? This is happening on a daily basis now which I believe is new to 235. It HAS to be related to key presses because I usually am in some combination of reloading/switching to pistol when the LMG won't fire even with a clip with bullets in it.

Edit: Actually it may be due to the new key binds I use. I use Q and E for weapons slot 1 and 2. I can switch between them much quicker. Ill have to play around with it to see if that is the cause...

Comments

• StriderNS2StriderNS2 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175867Members
    It's been happening since Build 232 for me. More often in Build 235 though. It always happens to me when I'm unloading an LMG clip, switch to my pistol and fire that off, then back to my LMG to let off the rest of the clip and it just jams. The only way to unjam it is to switch back between the pistol and the LMG again. It's quite awful.
  • SehzadeSehzade Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76024Members
    edited January 2013
    I have this problem, too.

I think it happens when you build something and you "switch" weapons during that.

It definitely has sth to do with switching weapons.
  • UzverUzver Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172632Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Sometimes it's happens to me when I logout from command station in order to kill solo skulk... And get killed by skulk because you simply can't shoot.
  • DrowningwDrowningw Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175899Members
    Happened to me a few times. its rare but it can happen when it matters.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I hate this bug. Its been reported/fixed around half a dozen times already..argh
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Never experienced this myself...you mean the gun just stops firing mid clip somehow? Closest thing I've had is infinite reload syndrome, usually caused by onos -.-
  • MakenshiMakenshi Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164681Members
    Basically your character stops shooting even if you hold down left click. I didn't know you can just switch weapons to fix it so I always dropped my ar and picked it back up to fix the issue
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2057202:date=Jan 6 2013, 11:53 PM:name=Ghosthree3)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ghosthree3 @ Jan 6 2013, 11:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2057202"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Never experienced this myself...you mean the gun just stops firing mid clip somehow? Closest thing I've had is infinite reload syndrome, usually caused by onos -.-<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Generally no. My order of events is usually something like

1)fire 1/2 clip
    2) start to reload
    3)switch to my pistol before its done
    4)quickly switch back to finish the 1/2 clip off and I cannot shoot.

Sometimes It happens with and without a reload mixed in.
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    It's been in since beta and still hasn't been fixed zzz
  • DrowningwDrowningw Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175899Members
    Ammo counter will say 00 but all the bars below will be completely full. armory visit fixes the issue.
  • GameOverGameOver Germany Join Date: 2003-10-15 Member: 21700Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    The first time i experienced this bug was in the current build 235.

As far as i remember i used up half the magazine and tried to reload. Nothing happened and i couldn't shoot anymore.
    It happened several times until now ... and it seems to happen casually and most of the time if i try to reload.

Maybe i press left mouse button and R for reload at the same time... i dunno