Flamethrowers should clear Gas

NonlinNonlin Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176437Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Suggestion</div>I'm not sure if this has been suggested already. I did do a quick search didn't find anything on this.

Basically I find it odd that the flamethrowers are not able to clear gas produced by the aliens. I tried it in game thinking surly it would work and to my surprise it did not.

The devs could even take this a step further and make the gas flammable but that would probably be way to OP so clearing it out should be in game at the very least.

Whips can already counter grenades so why can't marines counter the gas especially when its so logically sound and easy to implement. The main concern would be how long one has to spray fire before successfully clearing out the gas/fumes. This balances out in that you'd have to choose between spending ammo to clear gas or using it to kill enemies but possibly both.

Comments

• Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    hi, im not sure what you mean by gas, but if you mean umbra and spores (the green smoke and yellow smoke dropped by lerks (the flying alien)) then the flamer allready does destroy the gas.
  • NonlinNonlin Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176437Members
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2056645:date=Jan 5 2013, 04:46 PM:name=Hunter.S.T.)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hunter.S.T. @ Jan 5 2013, 04:46 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056645"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->hi, im not sure what you mean by gas, but if you mean umbra and spores (the green smoke and yellow smoke dropped by lerks (the flying alien)) then the flamer allready does destroy the gas.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? Because I tried it on the lerks gas when I had a flamethrower and nothing would happen, at least seemingly. I'll try it again because it felt really absurd that the game didn't do this already, thus my hurry to write about it here. TBH I didn't do a through test of it.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2056648:date=Jan 5 2013, 05:48 PM:name=Nonlin)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nonlin @ Jan 5 2013, 05:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2056648"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Really? Because I tried it on the lerks gas when I had a flamethrower and nothing would happen, at least seemingly. I'll try it again because it felt really absurd that the game didn't do this already, thus my hurry to write about it here. TBH I didn't do a through test of it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It does work. The fire chains all the way through the spores.

They might need to improve the hit detection though, as I've heard people complain about it before.