Hive emergency spawn system

slayer20slayer20 Killed a man once. Join Date: 2007-12-13 Member: 63157Members, Reinforced - Shadow
To keep it short and simple, one of the bigger problems with large games is the alien spawn system.

Not every Alien Commander goes Shift first, and in larger games people tend to die pretty quickly. For aliens, this is big problem since a non-shift hive can't keep up with eggs. All Hives should be able to mass produce eggs in some way without the need of a Shift.

Comments

• VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    Even with the eggs there due to the ######ty spawn system you still have to wait to spawn into them
  • Hunter.S.T.Hunter.S.T. Join Date: 2012-05-26 Member: 152596Members
    edited January 2013
    +1 to this great idea!

- it will make other upgrade paths more viable on large servers

- it will give alien teams something to do if they all get wiped out in the first 20 seconds and the marines counter push

- with eggs costing 5 res for 2 eggs, the cost for respawing the entire team quickly to protect against a counter rush is 15, a significant loss in the early game.

- as there is still a spawn time for eggs it will still require some predicting of the counter push to be an effective counter i.e. it wont completely negate the ability of a team to take a hive through egg camping, but it will still allow a team with some forethought and res in the bank to send in another wave of skulks.

I am struggling hard to see any downsides to this, i know that aliens are slightly op and that this is an, albeit small, buff to aliens but i still support it!