New player - disappointed

2»

Comments

• DamDSxDamDSx Join Date: 2004-08-10 Member: 30506Members
    This reminds me of something I encountered a few days ago. there was a new player playing aliens and was something like 0-16, he yelled out " I dont know what im doing!" I told him to use stealth and wall walking to his advantage, to ambush, and to harrass lone marines, he quickly bounced back something like 10-20. 3 pointers and the dude knew how to play, it isnt hard, keep at it and ASK PEOPLE, not everyone is a ###### as it sometimes seems, join the UWE official servers, nice people play there, dont join private servers, specially clan servers, since they sometimes are filled with elitist scum, who seem to have been born knowing how to play NS.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2054719:date=Jan 2 2013, 03:31 PM:name=DamDSx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DamDSx @ Jan 2 2013, 03:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054719"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->clan servers ... are filled with elitist scum, who seem to have been born knowing how to play NS.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Lol, apparently clanners (the ones actually pushing to teach people to learn the game because we want more good people to play against) are elitist scum... xD

A quick marine checklist.
    <!--quoteo(post=2054721:date=Jan 2 2013, 03:36 PM:name=PsympleJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsympleJester @ Jan 2 2013, 03:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054721"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Currently the game is a little imbalanced towards aliens, this is escalated in beginner games due to Marines needing tactics whilst aliens can do ok by just doing whatever.

The key aspect of the game for marines is pressue, you need to ALWAYS be piling on the pressure with well supplied push teams on res/hives whilst having 1 dedicated marine capping res nodes. (maybe 2 if you get to 6v6's)
    Your most important friend in doing this is Mr Mine, he if placed in a good spot will make it impossible for a skulk to charge you and give you ample time to kill him.

As individual players the marine game isn't just aiming well, a huge degree as to whether marines are successful is positioning:
    The basics being as much line of sight as you can get:
    An example of this is the Atrium hive on Summit, marines attacking this hive are pretty much forced to stand at the very north under the dome, due to the rest of the room having walls and pillars in order to block line of sight and provide ambush points for aliens. As well as this the north part is normally uninfected and thus the marines can drop mines and stand safely being able to shoot both the res tower and the hive with ease.

Good luck.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you are struggling with Alien movement check out NEXZILS (yes more elitist scum obviously.) <a href="http://www.twitch.tv/l2pns2" target="_blank">Learn to Play NS2</a> they go through each individual life form giving tips on how it works. The videos are rather long and you might grow tired of them if you aren't fascinated by Bites charm but they do contain good tips.
    edited January 2013
    If you feel offended, it is because you fall under that category. You obviously missed the part where I said "sometimes" that is a very important keyword, might want to look it up in merriam-webster or similar.

I just realized you snipped out the keyword to bend the words to fit your needs, such a pathetic, attention ###### move, sad clown.
    edited January 2013
    <!--quoteo(post=2054732:date=Jan 2 2013, 03:52 PM:name=DamDSx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DamDSx @ Jan 2 2013, 03:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054732"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you feel offended, it is because you fall under that category. You obviously missed the part where I said "sometimes" that is a very important keyword, might want to look it up in merriam-webster or similar.

I just realized you snipped out the keyword to bend the words to fit your needs, such a pathetic, attention ###### move, sad clown.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Mad bro?
    I think its cos your a noob and <i>sometimes</i> noobs are scum who are born with unintelligent thoughts to spread incorrectly on forums then get mad when they get whipped.

xD
    <!--quoteo(post=2054734:date=Jan 2 2013, 11:56 AM:name=PsympleJester)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (PsympleJester @ Jan 2 2013, 11:56 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054734"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mad bro?
    I think its cos your a noob and <i>sometimes</i> noobs are scum who are born with unintelligent thoughts to spread incorrectly on forums then get mad when they get whipped.

xD<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not the slightest, if I get mad over things people with 2 working neurons say online Id be in jail now.

I take it for what it is, a sad attempt by a clown at being funny. And we all know what happens to unentertaining clowns, dont we?
  • JowjowJowjow Join Date: 2012-12-30 Member: 176802Members
    if i'd known this thread would spawn this much love I'd have brought a box of condoms.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2054311:date=Jan 1 2013, 09:31 PM:name=Jowjow)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jowjow @ Jan 1 2013, 09:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054311"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Moderator: feel free to close this thread.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Done, especially since the last few posts...
This discussion has been closed.