Starting with too few people

Josef KJosef K Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176829Members
I've noticed that a great many games get ruined by game beginning with too few people. By 'ruined', I mean that games become wildly favored for one side (generally aliens, as they can get by better with few people due to not needing people to build)

I don't really have a solution for this, just wanted to say what one of my biggest problems with the game is

Comments

• SeahuntsSeahunts Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151973Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2054028:date=Jan 1 2013, 01:58 PM:name=Josef K)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Josef K @ Jan 1 2013, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054028"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't really have a solution for this, just wanted to say what one of my biggest problems with the game is<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

If you'd bothered to search you would have found one of the other threads that people have started on this exact topic.

Like this one

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=124806" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=124806</a>
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2054044:date=Jan 1 2013, 01:51 AM:name=Seahunts)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Seahunts @ Jan 1 2013, 01:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2054044"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If you'd bothered to search you would have found one of the other threads that people have started on this exact topic.

Like this one

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=124806" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=124806</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

So? Not too long ago we had 5 seemingly identical threads discussing camouflage, and new ones were being added every day despite the forums being littered with them. At least that thread you found was made over a month ago.

Also, the search function isn't very good, so people aren't going to "bother" to use it unless it is fixed or made better. Whenever I have had to find anything on these forums, I have had to use google search.

It's very rare that a topic is made that hasn't been discussed already. Pretty much every thread in GD and I&S are just repeats of threads made a month or 2 back.

And on topic of the OP. Yes, it is a problem. Wouldn't mind players having the ability to vote whether they're ready or not. Often the people that are yet to join are just waiting for the game to load after a map change, or just screwing around in the readyroom, so a vote would give everyone time to 'get their house in order', including leaving enough time to decide who's commander (often I jump in the hive or command station simply because enough people haven't joined yet, and don't want the team to have a massive disadvantage by not having a comm in the first few minutes).
  • PimpToadPimpToad Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166005Members
    Pretty simple fix to a simple problem. Server variable for minimum amount of players per team to start the game (which is already in the game as far as I know). Once the criteria is met, another server variable kicks in to start a countdown timer before the round starts. This variable can be edited by server admins, but a good default would be 60s. Players can treat this wait time as a warm-up and are free to do whatever during this time.

No clue why UWE is dragging their feet on an official fix. It's pretty annoying when you load a new map with everybody else, but the round is already well underway by the time you get to the ready room. Sometimes the round even ends BEFORE you finish loading. Pretty ridiculous...

And who cares if other people have started a topic? Not like the problem has been fixed so better for more people complaining about it so it gets fixed faster.
  • Josef KJosef K Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176829Members
    @seahunts, what dopedog said
    Most likely anything I could post has already been discussed, my hope is that one more person bringing the issue up will encourage the team to take the problem into consideration