GAME CRASHES ON START UP

kevin.nguyen_801kevin.nguyen_801 Join Date: 2012-12-29 Member: 176699Members
edited December 2012 in Technical Support
<div class="IPBDescription">cant start up game,</div>I just bought NS2 on steam, and i cant get it working. i have re installed it 3 times, same out come. what happens is when i start up the game, i get a black screen for less than 5 seconds, and then it goes back to desk top. it has no error messages, no reports, nothing!

here are my specs:
gigabyte 660 ti
i5 3570k
windows 7 ultimate 32bit

i have tried deleting shaders, then verifying, but that hasnt worked. i also tried downloading DX set up in the game's folder, and that hasnt helped. i know for a fact that all my drivers are up to date.

please help, ive already posted on the steam forums, but they didnt solve it yet...

also, something else that is weird, is that the desktop shortcut of Natural Selection 2 is just a picture of a "paper". i could easily fix this, but any explanation why this happened? :P

Comments

• kevin.nguyen_801kevin.nguyen_801 Join Date: 2012-12-29 Member: 176699Members
    Never mind guys, i solved it!
    one of my drivers were interfering with it, the driver was for my motherboard, its called "gigabyte guru" just in case someone was wondering!

now i can finally play...
  • AlphaWolfAlphaWolf Join Date: 2003-01-11 Member: 12175Members
    edited December 2012
    Why do you run 32-bit? Your windows key is good for both 32 and 64 bit versions. The only good reason to use 32-bit is if you have 3GB of ram or less, anything more and you'll pretty much only want 64-bit as your kernel will only be able to address up to 4GB (and other components on the PCI bus use some of that address space, so you don't get to use all four gigs, rather only somewhere in the 3.5GB range.)
  • RamadazRamadaz Join Date: 2013-01-01 Member: 176941Members
    Hey guys, can somebody help me with this? I'm having the same issue although I am not using gigabite. I'm using an asrock 970 and I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to drivers, I don't have anything like gigabite guru... Somebody please help!