Replace Holiday Music From ReadyRoom

HashiroHashiro Join Date: 2012-12-29 Member: 176664Members
edited December 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Its annoying. That is all.</div>As a Steam Sale buyer, I made this account because I read that Unknown Worlds listens to player feedback. The first thing I didn't like about Natural Selection 2, was in the Ready Room (Team selection area).. it has that holiday music we constantly hear in real life on television, stores, other media outlets. Replacing it with ambient electronic music or the like would help in-game immersion & be easy on the ears.

Also, I know the holidays are almost over, I know I can turn music off.. But this suggestion is for future similar events. I wish this game had more music in general, like Unreal/Deus Ex style.

At one point I took a shower, and had that damn "jinglebells" song stuck in my head from this game. MAKE IT STOP.

Just a general, random suggestion, from an impressed & satisfied player. Thanks for reading.

Comments

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Just join a team. No reason to hang out in the readyroom.
  • pakratpakrat Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176421Members
    Haha I did like that the makers did something fun for the Holidays without impacting the game. I hope they keep the holiday ready room until January 1st, because the Holidays aren't over until New Years Day.

If I remember right, there should be ambient noise in the ready room, once the music is removed.
  • LilbitHeartlessLilbitHeartless Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172517Members
    I thought it was cute, I like the NS2 thing it has going on. But I don't stay in the ready room long, maybe we should keep it forever and that would help get people out of there. Lets get some justin beiber in there
  • MilaniumMilanium Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176388Members
    edited December 2012
    The F1 and F2 hotkeys from NS 1 for quick-joining marines and aliens seem to be gone so you are forced to walk through the ready room. I also agree that this christmas theme is overdone in games in general and should be avoided.
  • LilbitHeartlessLilbitHeartless Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172517Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2052978:date=Dec 29 2012, 11:33 AM:name=Milanium)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Milanium @ Dec 29 2012, 11:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2052978"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The F1 and F2 hotkeys from NS 1 for quick-joining marines and aliens seem to be gone so you are forced to walk through the ready room. I also agree that this christmas theme is overdone in games in general and should be avoided.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    In console(~) type j1 for marines and j2 for aliens, not as easy but it works. Mostly like it because I used to get stuck in the one tube you had to jump in for the aliens. If the team was full I couldn't get out
  • HashiroHashiro Join Date: 2012-12-29 Member: 176664Members
    I have no problem with the Ready Room, or it being Holiday-Themed visually. Sometimes I like throwing snowballs & whatnot.

Its just the music could use changing. That particular song is just annoying. I could imagine some retailer hearing it all day @ work, then hearing it ingame o.o

And the game could use more cool electronic music in general. Just an idea.

Music/Sound polishing is very underrated in games.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    electronic music? ns2? Get the theme right. you talk about music/sound polishing like you understand it yet you don't understand that music in games requires a theme, you can't just throw electronica in a game and say it's good for the game. no.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=2052987:date=Dec 29 2012, 09:02 PM:name=LilbitHeartless)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LilbitHeartless @ Dec 29 2012, 09:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2052987"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->In console(~) type j1 for marines and j2 for aliens, not as easy but it works. Mostly like it because I used to get stuck in the one tube you had to jump in for the aliens. If the team was full I couldn't get out<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

In console(~) type <b>bind F1 j1</b> to bind F1 to joining marines and <b>bind F2 j2</b> to bind F2 to joining aliens.