Restarting sound after it stops

Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Headphone</div>I have (Logitech) USB headphones that have their own drivers (separate from my normal sound card). These drivers are automatically enabled when I plug in the headphones. If I start NS2 after I do this, the sound in NS2 works fine.

However, if I (or my toddler) unplugs the USB headphones, sound in NS2 goes away (as far as my headphones are concerned). Plugging them back in does not restore sound in NS2. Instead, I have to exit the game and come back in -- which is obviously annoying, especially if I am in the middle of a game.

Is there a way for me to restart the sound drivers for my headphones within the game?

Comments

• MagrathMagrath Join Date: 2003-06-27 Member: 17739Members
    Many games nowadays will give you a drop down menu to select the sound output and input but this game is sorely lacking that feature. I have a similar headphone set up and I only use headphones will playing this game as I prefer the sound from my headphones to play this game. Unfortunately if you lose sound due to something like this you're basically ######ed. You have to restart the game basically at this point.

Until the feature to select sound output/input is implemented in to the game then you're going to have my make sure you plug in our headphones before you start the game up. Even having the headphones plugged in all the time and changing the default sound device from the control panel doesn't work.