indiscernable textures in editor

ReGenesisReGenesis Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170116Members
Hi everyone, this is my first post.

Last night i started playing around with the spark editor after being inspired by all the great content posted in this forum. I've been practicing the creation of some hallways and rooms, overall to get acquainted with the editor.

Then i ran into a problem,
when i use the texture tool, the list of textures on the right is mostly black after the loading icon disappeared making it hard to select the proper textures.
Is this normal? and if not how can I fix it.

also, is there a way to flip architecture i created so i get the mirror image? would save a lot of work in some cases

Thanks.

Comments

• slimebuckslimebuck Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173748Members
    Not sure about the textures problem as I too have black for lots of textures,

but to flip stuff you hold CONTROL and click on all the faces you want to replicate and flip.

copy that, then paste, then while it is still selected make sure the SELECT tool is being used.

Click on edit then FLIP _ Axis. There is X Y and Z axis you can flip on. Mix this with rotate tool and you can flip your stuff around.
  • ReGenesisReGenesis Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 170116Members
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    You may try going to %appdata%/Natural Selection 2/Editor/Cache and delete everything in this folder. Next time the editor launches it should recache everything and it could fix the black textures in the browser.
  • slimebuckslimebuck Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173748Members
    Tried that, half my textures are still black squares and even if I try and use them regardless they show nothing....
  • Rudy.czRudy.cz Join Date: 2012-02-13 Member: 145410Members
    Did you try Steam consistency check of NS2 files ?