Where is the name variable?

Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
I'm ripping apart the NS2 files looking for config.cfg or something along those lines, and CANNOT find where it's storing my name, WHERE!?

Comments

• MurphyIdiotMurphyIdiot NS2 programmer Join Date: 2008-04-17 Member: 64095Members, Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    It is in the Steam cloud directory.

Mine is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\XXXXXXX\4920 for example. Replace XXXXXXX with your Steam ID.

You can change your name in game in the options menu ;)
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Thanks a lot, I know you can change it in game, but you never know when you need access to the settings file.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2012
    I wonder if there is a way to reset what is stored there since it syncs via steamcloud.

I have<b> lots of crap in it</b>, stuff that belonged to old mods or has no effect anymore (like <menumod> settings/options etc.)

edit:

Disabling steamcloud and deleting the files works.

It just takes very long for the game to start after deleting the files. (it appears in the task manager and nothing happened for some while, so i thought i should just kill the task and move on at first)

Guide: <a href="http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470784" target="_blank">http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/show...d.php?t=2470784</a>

What i did:

1) Start Steam.
    2) Disable Steam Cloud.
    3) Delete all files in Steam\userdata\SteamID\AppID.
    4) Start the game to create fresh (and thus different) new files.
    5) Exit the game and Steam.
    6) Delete remotecache.vdf in Steam\userdata\SteamID\AppID.
    7) Start Steam.
    8) Enable Steam Cloud and "Sync conflict" should appear in your game status.
    Note that this method may not affect all the files (and you need to modify all of them if you want to delete all of them later).

Once you have "Sync conflict", start your game and the Cloud Sync Conflict dialog should appear.