Commander Capabilities, Base Control etc.

HardnailsHardnails Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175355Members
edited December 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Some ideas for the Commander.</div>Hey, My idea is to allow the commander to physically control the Installation (the map, duh!)

Now you might be thinking 'WAT! Commander is ment to command FFFFFF D:<'

So allow me to explain. :>

I think the commander should be able to open doors around the base, or close/ lock them down.
Alien infestation should begin to damage the door if it gets to it and covers it, and will eventually break it open, and alien players should be able to break it open by attacking it, onos would be best for this stuff. Marines could maybe repair destroyed doors like they do with power nodes?

Im sure people will probably have more ideas for commander abilities so please share them!

Comments are welcome, but no hate please!

Comments

• DwavenhobbleDwavenhobble Join Date: 2012-12-14 Member: 175044Members
    Maybe a possible option once weld-able doors come in
  • l3lessedl3lessed Join Date: 2010-06-07 Member: 71977Members
    edited December 2012
    This was in the game during beta but was removed because of balance issues I believe. Rine comms use to be able to lock doors, only allowing access to marines, and aliens could break them down. There was also a weld the door shut option too at one point, if my memory is correct. There was some game play mechanic problems though, which caused them to be removed. I would be fine with revisiting this idea once the more critical issues are dealt with first.
  • TripleZeroTripleZero Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167764Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    i can already see a marine base with 2 doors, 4 marines with welders behind every door welding till eternity ;-)
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    <!--quoteo(post=2047413:date=Dec 18 2012, 02:29 PM:name=TripleZero)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TripleZero @ Dec 18 2012, 02:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2047413"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i can already see a marine base with 2 doors, 4 marines with welders behind every door welding till eternity ;-)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Nopossible if your map is designed well, vents into every big closable off building :D
    no they removed door welding because marines were-always-winning because of it, but not so much as the feature wasn't yet finished, i think. (they removed it before onos i think? or just after anyway)
    Anyway they didn't complete the removal because maps (like toitle) might want weldabilities to be weldables in the future, so they left (in the map editore) the 'health' bar for the doors which is adjustable. 5000 would be best, 2000 default, 0 worst. (a scratch could open that door!)