Strange effect in the most recent update

hookeyedhookeyed Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62011Members, Squad Five Blue
Hey, uhh.. I was just testing out my map today, and I noticed that where there were dark areas in my map, there's now more of a light haze. Light rooms also seem affected by the same haze. It's really taking down the appearance of my level. Anyone else noticing this?

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2012
    The fog_controls entity is what you're looking for. The odd thing is that when you have one light in your map the rest is... Glowing, when in range of that light and for lack of better word... Or isn't this what you mean?

Also fog_controls cannot remove the ingame fog, but it can make it darker for more contrast :)
  • hookeyedhookeyed Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62011Members, Squad Five Blue
    Hmm, did the recent update make a fog control entity necessary? Like with a thick fog in every room by default without it? This only just popped up in the last update. I just checked an older version of my map and there's the same effect. I'll play around with fog control and see if I can make it go away or be less obvious.. but it seems weird that this is just happening now.

Also hey, thanks again for the help kouji. These forums wouldn't be the same without ya :)
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I hope it doesn't get disabled again. When used appropriately, fog can make a map look awesome.