Gorge Trick Shots. . .

MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
edited December 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<u><b>Update:</b></u> Docking up. . .

<u><b>Docking:</b></u>
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvux28_gorge-trick-shots-docking_videogames" target="_blank">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvux28_go...king_videogames</a>

Generator Pipes: B+
Generator Vent: C+
Maintenance Ramp: D
Maintenance Vent: C-
Maintenance Door Shot: D-
Ball Court Nook: D-
Ball Court Window: D+
Locker Room Closet: C-
Locker Room Corner Shot: B-
Locker Room Glass Windows: D+
Terminal Broken Window: B
Terminal Receiving Counter: C+
Terminal Ceiling: A-
Courtyard Staircase: C+
Courtyard Long Shot: B-
Stability Monitoring Ceiling: B+

<u><b>Veil:</b></u>
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvqcrq_gorge-trick-shots-veil_videogames#.UMTJ0sW5CM-" target="_blank">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvqcrq_go...es#.UMTJ0sW5CM-</a>

Y-Junction Vent: B
Y-Junction Corner Shot: C-
Sub-Sector /w Weak Obs: C+
Sub-Sector Ceiling: B
Overlook Vent: B-
Skylights Vent: B+
Operations Closet: D
Topographical Vent: D+
C-12 Corner Shot: D-
The Neck Corner Shot: D
Pipeline Box Shot: C
Pipeline Cubby Hole: B-
The Dome Floor Shot: D+
The Doom Vent Shot: F
Cargo Box Shot: B-
Cargo "Trololol Lights": A
Nano-Grid Vent: B+

<u><b>MineShaft:</b></u>
<a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvjhpg_gorge-trick-shots-mineshaft_videogames" target="_blank">http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvjhpg_go...haft_videogames</a>

Central Drilling Balcony: B-
Central Drilling Ceiling: A-
Central Drilling Fan Vent: F
Central Drilling Wallshot: C+
Crusher Conveyor: B
Caverns Pipe: C-
Repair Room Ramp: D
Repair Room Drill: D+ <i>(Not in video)</i>
Operations Lift: D-
Operations Pipes: D+
Sorting Fan Vent: C+
Deposit Pipes: B
Gap Bridge: C-
Cave Girder: A+
Cave Fan Vent: C-

---
Original Post:
---

It shows some nasty locations that you can bile bomb from
While not show much in the video most of them can be reinforced further with clogs before you start firing making it almost impossible for marines to kill you before the power is down

These take a while to put together though since I have to try every location in every room so I'm starting off with just one map

If the response is good I'll put together more and maybe even revisit old spots that are still issues

/Enjoy

-

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    My understanding from that is they should nerf bile range.
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038764:date=Dec 2 2012, 02:37 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Dec 2 2012, 02:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038764"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My understanding from that is they should nerf bile range.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    oh and bullet range too, I guess? :P
  • SiminiSimini Join Date: 2012-09-28 Member: 160916Members
    Try defending your power nodes and working as a team if any of that is really an issue.
  • cake.cake. Join Date: 2012-01-12 Member: 140165Members
    Nice one, Squid! Maybe this will start a new trend of "gorge shots" and we'll see some really creative stuff :D Would be awesome if bb would bounce of walls, then it would make this very interesting
  • DavilDavil Florida, USA Join Date: 2012-08-14 Member: 155602Members, Constellation
    Umm... congrats on learning how to bilebomb? Seriously this entire video is just showing ways to bile bomb things that aren't really hard to figure out anyway. I could boil this down to, step 1: find a place to hide near what you want to bile bomb, step 2: bile bomb it...
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    <u><b>Davil:</b></u>

Anything in the "A" range is probably something that veterans and even most competitive players haven't seen

I did think about posting this in thew new player section, but when you add clogs to the mix you can go for some really amazing shots

The long range shots, shots with good cover, shots that are outside of obs inside a base especially are worth knowing about

I've helped end plenty of games because our team had cloak / adrenaline / bilebomb and I was able to spot a weak obs placement in an enemy base

I've also lost games because I screwed up shots on power nodes and was only hitting for half or quarter damage

The skill cap is ninja gorge is some of the highest in the game

I recently watch someone pull marines into the vent at Sub Access only to have them get ambushed by hydas and a clog maze

All valid and all worthy of attention
  • MartinetMartinet Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151385Members
    I agree with Maximumsquid: The combo of Camo / Adren / Ninja Gorge is deadly when you have a player who knows how to set up a sneaky Gorge shot. If you have 3 players that know the secrets of the Gorgie way... That can be a dead base faster than a mass of Ones.

Great work Squid! Keep it up!

May I suggest you check out the gantry above the Shipping base in Tram? I'm thinking a B- / C+ for that location.
  • SootySooty Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11416Members
    Can you shorten the videos and show only the best shots?
    <u><b>Sooty:</b></u>

This seems very lazy of you especially when I already listed everything that is in the video and in order

But I guess I can be reasonable. . .
    Don't expect me to re-cut the current video as I no longer have any of the original footage, but I'll see about shortening the next one
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2038792:date=Dec 2 2012, 02:34 PM:name=Davil)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Davil @ Dec 2 2012, 02:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038792"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Umm... congrats on learning how to bilebomb? Seriously this entire video is just showing ways to bile bomb things that aren't really hard to figure out anyway. I could boil this down to, step 1: find a place to hide near what you want to bile bomb, step 2: bile bomb it...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well perhaps you constellation vets are fantastic and need no help. Last I looked though this was a forum for those of us who might not have thought about doing this too. Perhaps we could (you know) learn from someone else who has taken the time to create a video and attempted to educate and help.
  • xxswatelitexxxxswatelitexx Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171754Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038764:date=Dec 2 2012, 08:37 AM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Dec 2 2012, 08:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038764"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My understanding from that is they should nerf bile range.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Mine the vents to be death traps for aliens.
  • Katana-Katana- Join Date: 2008-11-25 Member: 65575Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038813:date=Dec 2 2012, 07:55 AM:name=MaximumSquid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaximumSquid @ Dec 2 2012, 07:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038813"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><u><b>Davil:</b></u>

Anything in the "A" range is probably something that veterans and even most competitive players haven't seen<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

as far as I could see, every thing shown here was on mineshaft?

I think it is pretty safe to assume competitive players haven't seen it ;)
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    Thanks! I didn't know about the girder in Cave. Great spot!

Usually in cave I gorge on the raised rock section behind the hive near the extractor. You can't hit the powernode from there but usually the phase gate and obs are built in bileing range.
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    There is a "bug' that actually allows you to bounce bile bombs off certain angled structures. I've been meaning to try to test true trick shots.
  • SyknikSyknik InversionNS2.com Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2064Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mineshaft for sure is not a map that most competitive players play on. We tend to play more Summit, Tram, Veil. For those maps you can be pretty certain we know the spots :) But either way, that's pretty much how I figure out spots. I go around and try different things out and see how it holds up. So to that regard, good job. :)
  • KajirouKajirou Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173541Members
    Very nice video, I find it helpful. Being a pretty terrible gorge myself (and new) it takes a bit of getting used to when it comes to bile bombing. Seen a few other ninja gorges use clog and evolving in the right places to get to certain sweet spots. Hope to see more stuff like this. =3
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2039012:date=Dec 2 2012, 06:02 PM:name=Syknik)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Syknik @ Dec 2 2012, 06:02 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2039012"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mineshaft for sure is not a map that most competitive players play on. We tend to play more Summit, Tram, Veil. For those maps you can be pretty certain we know the spots :) But either way, that's pretty much how I figure out spots. I go around and try different things out and see how it holds up. So to that regard, good job. :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Veil?! It might be just me, but I think that map is pretty rough for marines. In pubs, if a second CC isn't claimed within the first 10 minutes, it's usually a game loss. I'd imagine it'll be even more difficult for 6v6 competitive play, as long as the aliens keep the phase gates from migrating outside of Nano.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited December 2012
    Thanks. There were a few I did not even think about. Specifically these two: I had not ever thought to bile bomb from that distance from Central Drilling Balcony. Cave Girder was completely new to me, but the marines are barely ever in cave.
  • DestroidDestroid Join Date: 2011-10-25 Member: 129240Members
    No Nanogrid vents? Not much stirs up angry marines faster than that.
  • beyond.wudgebeyond.wudge Join Date: 2012-10-19 Member: 162731Members
    Haha that is cool.
    Quick Update: Veil is added to the Original Post. . .

I will also be taking requests on what map the community would like to see next
    Refinery is rumored to be getting some beneficial marine changes and I will likely be doing a video for that one as well

It will also most likely be the last video as at this point I'm fairly certain that there will be enough content available for people to figure out how to look for good camo evolution points on all the other maps
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Refinery isn't being rumored to get some marine love. A developer stated they are getting love. :) For one, marines are getting an extra res node and two the passage to the eastern part of the map is getting shortened. Also, I have not watched all of the video yet but I know as Gorge, I love clog jumping up the vent to gain access to nano.
  • SolaritySolarity Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170515Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I gave some friendly gorges the skulkevator ride into vents where they bialed bombed some structures in locker room.

Great tips
  • DoppyDoppy Join Date: 2006-11-15 Member: 58624Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm excited to see more. The Gorge has always been my favorite class to play.
    Update: added a Video for Docking. . .

Decided to toss it out there as Refinery was not in the recent patch
    Also contains the elusive Terminal spots that do not come without practice

/enjoy
  • mibuwolfmibuwolf Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174760Members
    Thanks man. I've been browsing this forum a lot and just recently stopped being lazy enough to register and posts stuff here and there. Things like this really help out.
  • SehzadeSehzade Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76024Members
    how about some trickshots with the spit?!
    because it is impossible to land these at all =)

I did one last night...docking broken glass to terminal. it is difficult because you slide off of the slope. but it is a good position.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    trick-shot with gorge spit = hit a target that isn't completely stationary :P