Games goes WAY to fast.

FononFonon Join Date: 2012-12-08 Member: 174505Members
edited December 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">Ideas to make the game longer and more rewarding</div>This my ideas to make this game more enjoyable than it is now.

1. Increase the health of towers by 10x. ALT, Reduce ALL damage done to towers by 10x

Reason: Increased health of the towers by 10 times then they won't die as fast, you will have to work hard to kill 1 tower (makes a more rewarding feeling when it goes down cause of hard work), Also lengthens the game ALOT so you have time to actually enjoy the gameplay and teamwork.

2. Add electrify options to the towers (Mariens).

Reason: To make a primary defence from skulks when there is no one near the tower to defend it. Cause now the most simple method to win as Kahaara is to wait till every marine has run past the resource towers and kill them, cause they know they can kill it before people can even come to defend it.

3. Add HMG/ New range weapon and add a Abandon button to Exosuits so people can jump out and possible even swap drivers.

Reason: ATM when i'm writing this the only wepon that is worth using is the SMG that you start with.. Why?, cause when lerks/fades/onos/gorges come they cannot be killed from a distance with Shotgun/Flame and grenade launcher is out of the question. When this happens your only option to be able to kill is to use Starter smg/pistol or exosuit.

The way I see it atm this game is currently now living up to it's true potential like NS1.
If you have anything to add please do so.

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    I don't see how any of this would increase game duration. Sounds more like "buff marines plz".
  • AzaralAzaral Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172408Members
    Longer games would require more than that.

Having a longer game would require resources to flow slower. Length of game = time taken to destroy enemy. This can happen in a minute or could never happen. It is completely independent of everything in the game except two things; A) skill of team a vs skill of team b. The close these are together the longer the game will last. Can't control this. Brings us to B) time it takes to reach the enemy. This can be controlled. It is determined by map size. For longer games, you would need bigger maps.

This throws a whole other bunch of stuff into the mix that would need to be adjusted and throws everythign out of whack that exists now.

Which brings us to the conclusion that the easiest way to make for a long game is to actually have the two teams be evenly matched in terms of skill and power.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would really like to see you enjoy pressing mouse1 for 5 minutes straight on a res tower. Oh how rewarding...
  • FononFonon Join Date: 2012-12-08 Member: 174505Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2042045:date=Dec 8 2012, 07:34 PM:name=Azaral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azaral @ Dec 8 2012, 07:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2042045"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Longer games would require more than that.

Having a longer game would require resources to flow slower. Length of game = time taken to destroy enemy. This can happen in a minute or could never happen. It is completely independent of everything in the game except two things; A) skill of team a vs skill of team b. The close these are together the longer the game will last. Can't control this. Brings us to B) time it takes to reach the enemy. This can be controlled. It is determined by map size. For longer games, you would need bigger maps.

This throws a whole other bunch of stuff into the mix that would need to be adjusted and throws everythign out of whack that exists now.

Which brings us to the conclusion that the easiest way to make for a long game is to actually have the two teams be evenly matched in terms of skill and power.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yeah.. No. Hypothetical scenarios is not the same as a real game. if both team have the same skill then the aliens would kill the mariens so easy you would not understand. It is so much easier for a alien to kill a marine than the otherway around. And you want them to be even in skill? gl hf marine you're dead. And this is only 1 vs 1. What happens when it's 16 vs 16? People will go in groups, and when this happens skill matters even more. Marines does not have a hide ability, they don't have unlimited ammo, they are limited to the ground and not walls/ceilings, movement speed.. the list is much longer. So when you say that put 2 skill even teams vs eachother and they will play longer I do not know wtf you are talking about.

4. Add that ALL players in the loosing team needs to be dead for a Lost.
    Reason: Like in NS1 1 single gorge could revive the whole team by surviving and then build a new hive if he had resources for it. Wich could change the outcome of the game.
  • AzaralAzaral Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172408Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2042434:date=Dec 9 2012, 08:55 AM:name=Fonon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fonon @ Dec 9 2012, 08:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2042434"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah.. No. Hypothetical scenarios is not the same as a real game. if both team have the same skill then the aliens would kill the mariens so easy you would not understand. It is so much easier for a alien to kill a marine than the otherway around. And you want them to be even in skill? gl hf marine you're dead. And this is only 1 vs 1. What happens when it's 16 vs 16? People will go in groups, and when this happens skill matters even more. Marines does not have a hide ability, they don't have unlimited ammo, they are limited to the ground and not walls/ceilings, movement speed.. the list is much longer. So when you say that put 2 skill even teams vs eachother and they will play longer I do not know wtf you are talking about.

4. Add that ALL players in the loosing team needs to be dead for a Lost.
    Reason: Like in NS1 1 single gorge could revive the whole team by surviving and then build a new hive if he had resources for it. Wich could change the outcome of the game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Assuming perfect balance, two players of equal skill should kill each other at the same time. If alien and a marine of equal skill (apples and oranges comparison but whatever) results in marine losing all the time, then there is a balance problem.

This post reveals this not to be a simple 'make game longer' but 'buff marines ermagerd' thread. Clearly.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    edited December 2012
    ns games already seem to have a bimodal distribution ending at 7 minutes or ending at 45 minutes haha... i would say they're lasting too long with mostly the same strategic outcome.

ns2 (to me) seems more slow paced action than ns1. increasing extractor health just changes a game element that's intended to be crucial into a less critical object of focus. res control should keep one on their toes
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    Killing res nodes is enough of a grind as it is. I'd rather a buff of all units health on both teams for longer fights, as it stands, most health is lost while moving into a fight, and the time is mostly spent healing.
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    Killing res nodes is enough of a grind as it is. I'd rather a buff of all units health on both teams for longer fights, as it stands, most health is lost while moving into a fight, and the time is mostly spent healing.