Unable to open file ''

HeroicNonsenseHeroicNonsense Join Date: 2012-12-07 Member: 174396Members
<div class="IPBDescription">A recurring bug for me :(</div>Hi guys.

I got this issue a while ago. I would connect, play for 5-10 min and then I would get it. You can tell it's occurred because you get the red connectivity icon and then when you hit the console the topic title is the last thing present.

I verified my files and everything was ok, but the problem persisted. I then uninstalled/reinstalled and it was fine.

Fast-forward 3 weeks and it's back again :(

Has anyone seen this before? I read on build 229 that this issue had been fixed? :S

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Heroic

Comments

• CJoker3221CJoker3221 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165521Members
    I noticed people are just viewing your posts, and being heartless about it, so here's a reply:

Yea, I got it too :)
  • zombiehellmonkeyzombiehellmonkey Join Date: 2007-08-31 Member: 62093Members, Squad Five Blue
    I've had the same problem too, if it helps troubleshooting I'm getting this while trying to render minimaps with overview.exe. Helps to send an error report if possible everytime this happens so the devs can start fixing it.

Also getting random freezing and crashes.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited December 2012
    Along with (paraphrased):
    - "creating armory with coordinates 0.0"
    - "missing some_weird_material.dds" and models on some maps, I think docking is one
    - "creating sound loop flamethrower id 4424124.442414" < repeat over and over and over, just equip a flamethrower...
  • HeroicNonsenseHeroicNonsense Join Date: 2012-12-07 Member: 174396Members
    How does one send an error report?

Is there some option in game to do this?

It's worth noting the game doesn't crash; i am still in the server, i dont d/c, i can move around and shoot / explore the map and people can see me doing it (i can potentially shoot aliens) but from my perspective all other players disappear.

It happens with 5-10 min tops.
  • ParagonParagon Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167573Members
    edited December 2012
    I have the same problem.

The red plug icon appears suddenly and all the players in the map freeze. I can still walk around and shoot but every entity remains static, frozen in the position it had in the moment of the plug appearing. Their HP can be lowered by hitting them but they can not be killed. Sometimes during this I can still hear voice chatter between the players on my team.

Usually I am able to rejoin the server and save my PRES by using the <i>retry</i> command in console. Score gets reset though.

Sometimes after using <i>retry</i> the map wont load (stuck on loading screen while attempting connection) or it will load incorrectly - black screen after loading with just the build number visible. In this circumstance I need to use the <i>disconnect</i> command to get back to the main menu and <i>retry</i> from there. On rare occasions it takes a couple of tries to successfully reconnect.

After having the red plug, there is usually the <i>Unable to open file ''"</i> error message in console. Sometimes other messages appear as well. I'm fairly sure there's a frequent message about a flamethrower looping sound but I can't recall the exact message now. I can also confirm having seen these messages after having the red plug:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Along with (paraphrased):
    - "creating armory with coordinates 0.0"
    - "missing some_weird_material.dds" and models on some maps, I think docking is one
    - "creating sound loop flamethrower id 4424124.442414" < repeat over and over and over, just equip a flamethrower...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Please look into this, this bug can be really frustrating (red plug while entering marine base as a newly spawned Onos anyone?).