How many are needed to vote eject a commander?

SenorBeefSenorBeef Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167400Members
On my server earlier tonight we kept continually getting the alien commander ejected. It was an 8 vs 8 game, and I knew at least 4 people on my team weren't voting to eject. How many does it actually take to eject? Could there have been 2-3 ###### on my team just trying to be disruptive? I restarted the server in case it was some sort of bug (it doesn't tell you who voted for it and no one would admit they did) and then the marine commander started getting kicked. Unfortunately I wasn't tracking the names between the two games so I don't know how many people switched over. But in any case - can less than a majority vote to eject the commander? That seems pretty

Is there a server cvar that controls the requirements for a successful ejection?

Comments

• MerlinCrossMerlinCross Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168471Members
    Actually this would be useful to know as we've all had that one commander that was bad and didn't want to give it up. Like the captain of a sinking ship. That he himself sunk.
  • greenpeegreenpee Join Date: 2012-04-10 Member: 150218Members
    I'm pretty sure I've only ever needed 2 to eject. I've run across some pretty bad commanders who don't say anything at all when i ask if they're new and need help. But just from doing it out of necessity, only 2 are needed as far as i could tell.
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    VoteManager.lua
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->// Commander ejection
    VoteManager.kMinVotesNeeded = 2
    VoteManager.kTeamVotePercentage = .3

// Seconds that a vote lasts before expiring
    VoteManager.kVoteDuration = 120<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    30% of the team and an absolute minimum of 2.

All server admins can change this in the source code, but I'd bet most don't. (Server does not get flagged as modded)
  • Draco HoustonDraco Houston Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167145Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2026629:date=Nov 17 2012, 03:38 PM:name=greenpee)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (greenpee @ Nov 17 2012, 03:38 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026629"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I'm pretty sure I've only ever needed 2 to eject. I've run across some pretty bad commanders who don't say anything at all when i ask if they're new and need help. But just from doing it out of necessity, only 2 are needed as far as i could tell.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    One game I had some idiots kick me because I didn't have blink the second the 2nd hive was up or whatever it was they wanted instead of a fast onos, and didn't bother to replace me, so I had to sit on the mic for several minutes asking to get a new comm, by the time someone else popped in the game was over. Is there even a way to vote no? All I see is hold x and click eject and if 2 people do it the comm is out and locked out all match.

The vote doesn't even work for marines on 1 base, the old comm can simply not move and no one can comm because the command station won't seal when you log in.
  • WerewombleWerewomble Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171128Members
    This might be worth putting forward as a feature request.

Supportive voting for the comm to stay.
  • SenorBeefSenorBeef Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167400Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2026654:date=Nov 16 2012, 10:29 PM:name=Vitdom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vitdom @ Nov 16 2012, 10:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026654"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->VoteManager.lua
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->// Commander ejection
    VoteManager.kMinVotesNeeded = 2
    VoteManager.kTeamVotePercentage = .3

// Seconds that a vote lasts before expiring
    VoteManager.kVoteDuration = 120<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    30% of the team and an absolute minimum of 2.

All server admins can change this in the source code, but I'd bet most don't. (Server does not get flagged as modded)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Can you just stick these variables in the server jsons or do you have to actually modify the original LUA files themselves?

I'm hoping it's like the source engine where you can just put a bunch of cvar changes in your server.cfg to manage them all in one place.
  • Florp_IncarnateFlorp_Incarnate Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3045Members
    I just changed it directly in the LUA on my server.

New value:
    VoteManager.kTeamVotePercentage = .5

Does anyone have any feedback on what the optimal value is? 30% was proving to be too low, lets see how 50% works.