Despite some disappointments from some of the community, I think a kudos is in order

includeinclude aka RpTheHotrodDallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
edited December 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
Sure, some people have some valid complaints about how things are, such as performance and some gameplay elements considered key that are missing, but let's just take a step back. UWE started off as NS1 as a humble free mod for a game. From that, it has expanded over several years into a dedicated team that created their OWN in-house engine to a point where they were able to release a stand-alone game called Natural Selection 2. Sure, there may be some issues we're concerned about, but all things considered...especially being a mod team, I'd say that UWE has done a dang fine job. The game is beautiful, and if you take away nostalgic desires, the game is honestly a lot of fun. I have been having a blast with the game a long with several of my friends. They've done far more than what a mod team could ever possibly dream to achieve. They have also done enough to merit the loyalist attention of the community who have supported them a long the way. On top of that, they've gone against the norm of generic fast-past deathmatch games of today and provided us with a very unique style of gameplay. All of this "doesn't happen" in the gaming industry.

So, long story short, with all things considered, I tip my hat towards you guys at UWE for a job well done up to this point. I hope we can turn some of these issues around and make the game a giant success over an extended period of time. You still have my support along with many others in the community. Just please take into consideration the community's concerns.

Comments

• nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040472:date=Dec 5 2012, 11:33 AM:name=include)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (include @ Dec 5 2012, 11:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040472"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sure, some people have some valid complaints about how things are, such as performance and some gameplay elements considered key that are missing, but let's just take a step back. UWE started off as NS1 as a humble free mod for a game. From that, it has expanded over several years into a dedicated team that created their OWN in-house engine to a point where they were able to release a stand-alone game called Natural Selection 2. Sure, there may be some issues we're concerned about, but all things considered...especially being a mod team, I'd say that UWE has done a dang fine job. The game is beautiful, and if you take away nostalgic desires, the game is honestly a lot of fun. I have been having a blast with the game a long with several of my friends. They've done far more than what a mod team could ever possibly dream to achieve. They have also done enough to merit the loyalist attention of the community who have supported them a long the way. On top of that, they've gone against the norm of generic fast-past deathmatch games of today and provided us with a very unique style of gameplay. All of this "doesn't happen" in the gaming industry.

So, long story short, with all things considered, I tip my hat towards you guys at UWE for a job well done up to this point. I hope we can turn some of these issues around and make the game a giant success over an extended period of time. You still have my support along with many others in the community. Just please take into consideration the community's concerns.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I also tip my hat towards flayra but I sure do wish he would be more strict when it comes to the quality of the game. Id rather have things not in the game at all if there still work in progress. Also it would be nice if the devs wrote down every change they make as they make them. So we can get better patch notes and we know what is intended and not intended. I cant wait to try out the remakes of mineshaft, docking and refinery. Getting tired of summit.
  • TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    I believe those are small complaints. I for one feel my expectations were exceeded with NS2 and I'm eager to see it grow over the years the way NS1 did. I could nitpick several dozen little things but they are just that, little things. I can't stop coming back to the tight, team focused play this game forces. Natural Selection, my own personal crack!
  • ApheiroxApheirox Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167297Members
    Sorry, but this thread says it all: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=125655" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=125655</a>
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2040809:date=Dec 6 2012, 12:35 AM:name=Apheirox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Apheirox @ Dec 6 2012, 12:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040809"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry, but this thread says it all: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=125655" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=125655</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Broken?
  • PhilkPhilk Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167510Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2040809:date=Dec 6 2012, 04:35 AM:name=Apheirox)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Apheirox @ Dec 6 2012, 04:35 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040809"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry, but this thread says it all: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=125655" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...howtopic=125655</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

All it says is that the link is broken, I can't see what broken links have to do with the game.
  • gnoarchgnoarch Join Date: 2012-08-29 Member: 156802Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I agree 100%.
    While I've also been criticizing some things that bother me about the game, it still is amazingly good.

Letely it even seems like the skill level of public servers slowly slowly goes up ...
  • MMZ_TorakMMZ_Torak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3770Members
    I'll add a +1 here too.

If real life wasn't in the way I'd have 10X the playtime I have now...