How to modify the time before game is started?

CaradasCaradas Join Date: 2005-04-08 Member: 47826Members
How can i modify the time before the game is started after both teams have players?

I want to modify the time after both teams have players (after a mapchange) before the match begins. Just to give more players a chance to join a new match.

Comments

• AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    Surely someone has made a mod with this feature...

The closest out there at the moment is the ns2stats mod in tournament mode which requires a player on each side to type 'ready' in the console in order for the game to start.
  • FallenonsaneFallenonsane Join Date: 2009-06-07 Member: 67735Members
    Haven't found a mod that changes this. i have went through a bunch of the lua files to see if there was an option but still having no luck. any one figure out a fix for this yet?
  • Florp_IncarnateFlorp_Incarnate Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3045Members
    DAK has tournament mode which has a setting for how long before the match starts. Not perfect, but you could mould that to your purposes.
  • InTriXInTriX Join Date: 2012-12-05 Member: 174227Members
    edited December 2012
    I tried looking at that, enabled the tournamentmode and pubmode set the min players per each team to 1 and the countdown time to 30 however it doesn't seem to be enabled when the map starts and if I manually enable tournamentmode with the console command, nothing changes and it doesn't do anything.

Not certain the Dak tournamentmode plugin actually works couldn't get it working in any way let alone the way I intended.

Edit: Tried setting pub mode to 2 players per team however game still started with 1 on each (me and friend to test).

Tried disabling pub mode to see if the countdown worked, didn't change anything.

Every situation just had the standard 15 second wait time from when there was one person on each team.