Top issues thread

Uh-OhUh-Oh Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6917Members
<div class="IPBDescription">A place where known issues are listed</div>Hello!
Is there a place where know issues are listed.

I'd like to see a repository of known issues (not a bug database though).
If at such a place we could do a +1 (like facebook and youtube) on issues that bother us, that would also be neat.
It would let the dev team know what the community finds to be the most irritating and widespread issues.
This might be a good complement to your daily read of hundreds of threads where it can be hard to distil the internet rage into constructive feedback (ALLOW MY GORGE TO RIDE AN ONOS!).

You could also leave a quick comment to the issue, such has: Low priority, work in progress, next patch, needs more info...

I think it would help to centralize the feedback from the dev team and the community in a time-efficient manner, as well as hopefully reduce some of the overlapping threads.

Anyways, love the game, hate the bugs, wish you success and keep on chugging!

Comments

• AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Yup! Check this thread: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=125347" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....howtopic=125347</a>
  • PhilkPhilk Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167510Members
    Thanks for the link Angelusz, I didn't know about that topic and now I can vote/suggest a fix for the alien team selection issue on mineshaft where you get stuck on the tube.
  • Uh-OhUh-Oh Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6917Members
    edited December 2012
    Thanks for the link, but that doesn't really list known issues. It's good for suggestions, but that's not what I was looking for. The game could benefit from more content, but I wanna know if the content that is available know will get the kinks worked out. That kind of suggestions-google-thing is really more a long term tool.

A list of issues that are known, and what their status is. Also, if we could +1 them, it might prioritize some items, so that the really bothersome ones get addressed more quickly.

What I want to know is this:

- Oh, I just noticed X issue. It's really irritating and makes the game crash / be frustrating.
    - Are they aware of this? Ah, yes / no, I see they are / aren't.
    - When will this be fixed? Ah, they need more info to reproduce / are working on a fix.

This wouldn't need to be the most comprehensive of database. But to have the 25-50 most frequent, pervasive and annoying issues be listed with a status would be a great step toward communicating what's going on.