Mods Being Forced Even After I Removed Them

Jarl Ballin'Jarl Ballin' Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173203Members
Hey I unsubscribed from the mods in steam workshop, went into "%appdata%/roaming/natural selection 2" and deleted all of the workshop files. I loaded up my game and went into mods to make sure nothing was loaded. The list was empty. Upon joining a non-modded server it forced me to download the same exact mods I had previous. Thinking this could be a coincidence I repeated the steps, joined a different sever, and it did it again. Aside from totally re-installing the entire game, how can I make sure the mods are gone for good?

Comments

• RanemanRaneman Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69962Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038520:date=Dec 1 2012, 03:59 PM:name=Jarl Ballin')--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jarl Ballin' @ Dec 1 2012, 03:59 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038520"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hey I unsubscribed from the mods in steam workshop, went into "%appdata%/roaming/natural selection 2" and deleted all of the workshop files. I loaded up my game and went into mods to make sure nothing was loaded. The list was empty. Upon joining a non-modded server it forced me to download the same exact mods I had previous. Thinking this could be a coincidence I repeated the steps, joined a different sever, and it did it again. Aside from totally re-installing the entire game, how can I make sure the mods are gone for good?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Unsubscribe from the mods menu or the workshop? It automatically downloads any mods you have subscribed.
  • Jarl Ballin'Jarl Ballin' Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173203Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2038570:date=Dec 1 2012, 04:18 PM:name=Raneman)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Raneman @ Dec 1 2012, 04:18 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038570"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Unsubscribe from the mods menu or the workshop? It automatically downloads any mods you have subscribed.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I did and they still re-download.
  • DaxxDaxx Join Date: 2002-04-16 Member: 460Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2038578:date=Dec 1 2012, 04:42 PM:name=Daxx)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Daxx @ Dec 1 2012, 04:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038578"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Must be hax ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The only mods I had were:

NS1 Damage Arrows
    Transparent Map
    Colored Minimap Icons
    J13 Elite Crosshairs

I wanted to get rid of the rest and keep the crosshairs, but after I unsubscribed and deleted the workshop files in the NS2 folder it keep re-downloading them even on non-modded servers. :/

I think I'm just going to have to re-install.
    Re-installed the game entirely and it's still forcing mods. I don't know how since I unsubscribed from them on the workshop before the re-installation. Some crazy voodoo going on.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    I'm pretty sure my game does this too by the way.
  • TSADroneTSADrone Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173807Members
    Disable steam cloud sync.
  • Haplo_64Haplo_64 Join Date: 2012-04-03 Member: 149890Members
    Did you unselect them from the in-game menu?
    <!--quoteo(post=2040207:date=Dec 4 2012, 07:04 PM:name=TSADrone)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TSADrone @ Dec 4 2012, 07:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040207"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Disable steam cloud sync.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I do have it disabled. Also I make sure in every game I play to add "+cl_cloud_settings 0" to the Launch Options. But NS2 doesn't support Launch Options.
  • nSidianSidia Join Date: 2012-08-15 Member: 155651Members
    Yeah this happens to me also. Its definitely a bug and not a user error. One time i subbed all mods and enabled all at once. Broke the game. Un subbed most and deleted workshop folder. Only to find that when ever i join a server it will download every single mod even if im not subbed to it. Its pretty annoying and it actually broke the consistency checking i believe. Because i had some consistency checked blocked mods working in lots of server for a while. Like the alien vision mods were working on UWE servers. Not sure how to reproduce this. Anyways im tired of having a pink rifle but i cant remove it!!!! fix it.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Phasing to Tech Support.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Try going to your options.xml (if you have steam cloud disabled it's in %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\options.xml and if you have it on it's in Steam\userdata\<steamid>\4920\remote\options.xml) and remove the mods section. If that doesn't work you could try just renaming options.xml and let the game generate a new one.
    <!--quoteo(post=2040313:date=Dec 5 2012, 02:37 AM:name=Mendasp)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mendasp @ Dec 5 2012, 02:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040313"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Try going to your options.xml (if you have steam cloud disabled it's in %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\options.xml and if you have it on it's in Steam\userdata\<steamid>\4920\remote\options.xml) and remove the mods section. If that doesn't work you could try just renaming options.xml and let the game generate a new one.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I completely uninstalled NS2. Deleted the NS2 folder from steamapp/common and also deleted the NS2 folder in %appdata%/roaming. Basically totally whiped NS2 off of my computer. Re-installed it and it still downloaded the mods even though I was unsubscribed. Cloud also is off the whole time. I just don't get it. It's not the servers. Because it's the same specific mods every time.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I just thought of something that happened to me a while ago... even though I disabled steam cloud, the file was still being written to the cloud folder. Can you try reenabling steam cloud and taking a look at the options.xml there?
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had this problem too, what you did is you unsubscribed from steam workshop without disabling the mod in-game first. Try re-subscribing to the mod, disabling it, then unsubscribing. That should fix it.
  • RothgarRothgar Join Date: 2009-11-13 Member: 69372Members
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2042265:date=Dec 9 2012, 02:23 PM:name=ritualsacrifice)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ritualsacrifice @ Dec 9 2012, 02:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2042265"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I had this problem too, what you did is you unsubscribed from steam workshop without disabling the mod in-game first. Try re-subscribing to the mod, disabling it, then unsubscribing. That should fix it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Er well if that is the case that sounds like a bug that needs to be fixed?

Is this confirmed?

I am currently running into a very weird problem.

I have just gone into my:

"%APPDATA%\Natural Selection 2\Workshop" folder and deleted everything in there.

I then join my modded server and it works fine, I check the console and it says it's loading files from the location which is my "%APPDATA%\Natural Selection 2\Workshop"

Yet I go there and the folder is now empty... I have no idea where it's loading the files from have done drive searches and no results...