Can't build RT after commanding MAC

ZenuZenu Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72861Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Bug?</div>Hi,

I have noticed that it's sometimes not possible to place new RT if you have just commanded MAC (or ARC maybe too) before. If you try to place the structure you just hear MAC saying "On the way!" or "Right on!" so you give movement order to MAC instead of building the RT. When this happens your marines will be wasting their time because you are unable to place the RT. So I think this needs some kind of fix.

Comments

• RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2038407:date=Dec 1 2012, 10:51 AM:name=Zenu)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zenu @ Dec 1 2012, 10:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038407"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi,

I have noticed that it's sometimes not possible to place new RT if you have just commanded MAC (or ARC maybe too) before. If you try to place the structure you just hear MAC saying "On the way!" or "Right on!" so you give movement order to MAC instead of building the RT. When this happens your marines will be wasting their time because you are unable to place the RT. So I think this needs some kind of fix.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Basically when this happens you are ordering the MAC to come build an Rt.

Try clicking a marine or another structure and trying again.
  • ZenuZenu Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 72861Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's very confusing, atleast it should place the RT already so marines nearby can start building it already. It should be more visible also when you have some unit selected because I often give commands to macs/arcs when I don't intend to give them orders and I'm just trying to move around the map and build something for example.
  • proteinstainproteinstain Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24349Members
    yeah it is pretty annoying i cant tell you how many times i do that or think i deselected my mac only to find out otherwise and have to stop the mac in it's tracks before it hits alien territory)
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    Probably should have put this in the bug reports forum.
  • OnosFactoryOnosFactory New Zealand Join Date: 2008-07-16 Member: 64637Members
    When the MAC arrives at the desired location, the building is then placed.

It's been an annoying com quirk in NS2 for some years now.
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2038555:date=Dec 2 2012, 01:23 AM:name=Swiftspear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Swiftspear @ Dec 2 2012, 01:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038555"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Probably should have put this in the bug reports forum.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tried to find the appropriate forum but didn't find forum for bugs. Only found forum to report "Decoda" bugs :F.

--

Also I would like to have button that focuses the camera on the selected unit when pressed because it's hard to know which unit you accidentally gave order.
  • NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    Like has been said, this is not a bug. You are ordering the mac to build. Thread should be closed.
    edited December 2012
    If it's not bug then it just needs to be adjusted to be more intuitive. If I specifically select RT from build options and place it on nozzle I expect that it gets placed immediately, not after some MAC that has stolen my mouse moves across the map to build it. Is there button to deselect all units?

Edit: Also give us buttons to find MACs and ARCs quickly. Like "Next MAC", "Previous MAC" etc, it's annoying to spend time searching for idle workers in hectic game and it's basic feature in any RTS.