iam very very very old video gamer and i love ns but

TremulousPlayerTremulousPlayer Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173777Members
edited November 2012 in New Player Forum
Hi everyone; iam oldest video game player. my first machine is "Commodore64" i love video games and i did play first hl and first ns...

so; i have money for ns2. i can buy this game, i did waiting so long time ns2. but now i did looking a videos. gameplay videos i mean.

graphics perfect ok but why alien characters movements (moving animations) looking so weird ?

i mean looking seems a frame frame frame moving all creatures.

and i did playing since 2009 every every every day tremulous. example = tyrants-dretchs and all other creatures moving very serial, soft and looking good.

but ns2 creatures moving so weird. my english not so good sorry. stucked stucked moving. frame frame.

looking so terrible.

why ??? reason is = graphic engine ? or phsycal engine ?

and atmospher why so so so dark ? very serious and dark atmospher i mean.

and animations very frame frame/stucked stucked. why nothing soft animations ?

Comments

• TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    edited November 2012
    It's really not the dark if you have the power on (in the room in the game, there are buildings that control the power). And in game most of the animations are pretty smooth for me, I'm also on a very nice computer.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2038144:date=Dec 1 2012, 12:31 AM:name=Tinker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tinker @ Dec 1 2012, 12:31 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038144"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's really not the dark if you have the power on (in the room in the game, there are buildings that control the power). And in game most of the animations are pretty smooth for me, I'm also on a very nice computer.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oh I see, I thought he was going on about the smoothness of the animations on the character in the game. But here he's going on about bad FPS?

If that is the case TremulousPlayer, could you post your computer specs?
  • Katana314Katana314 Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166379Members
    He doesn't have the game. He's looking at gameplay videos posted online. (Good job! You consulted such information BEFORE buying the game, incentivizing developers to work harder on it!)

One thing to consider is that anyone recording the game has their framerate mildly reduced by their capture program. Some very efficient games on great computers can be captured at a high framerate, but other times it's anyone's guess how perfect the video is going to be. Performance in this game has admittedly been very variable - some people report having great framerates on old hardware, and some brand-new computers are chugging at a slow pace. It's very difficult to predict where your setup will fall, and I wouldn't blame you for waiting until they've optimized the game a bit more.
  • HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It would be interesting to know what videos you have watched. Well, at least I am curious. Could you post some video links here you have been watching?

For me personally NS2 runs smoothly on my PC just when I bought it after beta. I get about average 50 FPS.
  • KajirouKajirou Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173541Members
    I think it runs really well, although I have a mildly powerful desktop so I can't say too much. I have noticed that some servers have some skipping issues due to poor performance, but that's easily avoided by not connecting to those servers.

As to why it's dark, I guess that's just the game. Some parts are bright and inviting, but the aliens tend to kill the power make the room dark. Easier for them to hide in and ambush juicy marines.
  • TremulousPlayerTremulousPlayer Join Date: 2012-11-30 Member: 173777Members
    Guys; thanks for the all your comments. i mean all creatures moving like a air. i did watching all hd ns2 videos. official channel youtube and other users uploading videos. all videos i did watching i mean.

example = "hitting feeling" is nothing in the ns2 for aliens. onos hitting the enemys but it so weird. onos hitting but hitting feeling nothing.

example = look trem dragoon; Ponceing (ponce attack-right mous klick charge and release the finger and dragoon jumping a enemy's body) to enemy and killing the enemy. iam feeling this hit all in my body and all in my brain. its very funny. orgasmic hitting feel. :)

charge and release and crashing the enemy i mean this.

other example tyrant = moving so serial and soft animation. and walking a land. but onos and all other ns2 creatures walking land but looking like a air walking.

i guess this is physical engline fault ? ns2 alien animations so cornered i mean so sharp. not soft animations.

iam not trem admins and its not trem Advertising. iam just a old ns player and since 2009 trem player. and iam not a troll.

pls dont wrong understand me.

iam sad beacouse i did so long time waiting ns2 but animations and hitting feelings is nothing in this game.

my machine good problem is not my machine specs or problem is not low fps recording videos. i did watching all videos man... all hd's... and normals.

example = iam with tyrant or adv dragoon or normal goon alone killed 5-6 player in 30-40 second and trem too team game like a ns.

but in ns2 not you have chance for alone if you not onos.

and ns2 dynamics not looking funny. graphics not important but game dynamics important. All computers have difficulty in ns2 beacouse damn shadow effect exaggeration.

iam looking in my local country reviews and all said with me same think = animations so weird. yea why so cornered animations have this game. and aliens and maybe humans not sitting the map. characters moving but looking like a moving in the air.

onos hitting with horn but its so absurd hitting. onos runing or walking but walking and runing animations looking so so weird.

ty for your understandings...

this is not trem adversting... iam just a searching answers.
    if i open this topic in other game forums, mods locked this. ty for your understandings dear mods... and comments not so aggresive ty all.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    If you think the game looks bad then don't buy it. The movement isn't any floatier than, say, Quake III (or Tremulous) in my opinion but this is the sort of thing you can never really know by watching videos. Aliens in NS2 generally have more weight than in NS1 and in Tremulous I would say because they are slower.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    I understand what this guy is saying, he is watching videos online of the game, and online video sites like youtube cut the framerates of videos down to 30fps or less to save on bandwidth.

So the game will look and feel much much smoother when you play it, when compared to watching videos online. Provided your PC is fast enough to handle the game. I would suggest a very fast CPU (3ghz quad core or faster) and a good GPU.

It seems english is not your first language so I hope this translates properly for you. The game is very fun but it does still need some work. You may notice slow FPS at times but if you have a very good PC it should run smoothly. And in regards to how much fun it is to attack marines with aliens? Its very satisfying to bite a marine =)
    edited December 2012
    my pc is very good in all games. i can runing in ultra detail bf3. but problem is this = joederp; ty for your helps but your first saids is correct = game generally fat. ns2 game generally not so fast, weight, so tactical, slow forwarding generally.

i mean iam with goon in trem; like a warmachine. 7-8 kill in 20-25 sec. and trem playing so fast and physical engine or graphic engine agree this fasting i guess.

exactly ns2 graph engine so so high technology. looking so good. but so much shadow effect have.

ns2 programmers read pls this = not just iam saying this. all social sites user saying (this guys playing the ns2) animations so cornered. (iam not saying anti aliasing i not saying object corner aa effect iam saying cornered animations, not soft animations have this game) and slower game.

so slow. joederp you saying; weight game. yea its true i guess. this game completly/generally weight game.

cumbersome. but not this is insult. my saids not insulted to ns2.

and again iam seeing ns2 players sayings = shadow effect so
    unnecessary, shadow effect so exaggeration.

and again one player saying = atmospher so so dark and exaggeration dark.

yea. i did watching videos and ss, ambient so dark.

and again guys saying = creatures moving seems like a air.

skulk, onos, very good modelling creatures. ns2 modeller is very professinonal. but you saying right this = generally game is so weight. so slow forwarding. this reason is not slow recording videos. this is natural status ns2. iam reading all reviews. all saying this = one creature not showing a show like a killer machine in alonewolf mode. i mean alone creature cant doing show. if you are not a onos.

maybe i can buying this game. i dont like but i can buy this game for SUPPORT.

finally = if ns (hl mod, and borning legend) nothing = trem is nothing...

i mean if first ns not making, now trem nothing.

legendery game but not so good ns2. and alien commander think is weird.
    <b>It is really hard to understand you. The language barrier is huge. You have to be more specific and detailed. If you don't know the words look them up. At least I do it. And install an English spell checker, that helps a lot too.
    </b>
    <!--quoteo(post=2038126:date=Dec 1 2012, 12:42 AM:name=TremulousPlayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TremulousPlayer @ Dec 1 2012, 12:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038126"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Hi everyone; iam oldest video game player. my first machine is "Commodore64" i love video games and i did play first hl and first ns...

so; i have money for ns2. i can buy this game, i did waiting so long time ns2. but now i did looking a videos. gameplay videos i mean.

graphics perfect ok but why alien characters movements (moving animations) looking so weird ?

i mean looking seems a frame frame frame moving all creatures.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Be more specific! Do you mean the transitions between the animations look choppy? Because the animations itself are fluid to me.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and i did playing since 2009 every every every day tremulous. example = tyrants-dretchs and all other creatures moving very serial, soft and looking good.

but ns2 creatures moving so weird. my english not so good sorry. stucked stucked moving. frame frame.

looking so terrible.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <b>No way</b> the alien animations look better in Tremulous than in NS2. I am referring to this <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tb1m0OvXK8U" target="_blank">video</a>. The animations in Tremulous are very simplistic compared to NS2. Trem Aliens are a variance of big and small spiders while in NS2 (and NS1) the look of the alien classes are very different and therefor for every class has to be made a unique animation set. Of course that has to be done in Trem too, but it looks stiff and restricted. The walking animations don't even fit with the ground. It's like spiders walking in a treadmill. So everything you told us describes more Tremulous than NS2.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and atmospher why so so so dark ? very serious and dark atmospher i mean.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It is supposed to oppressive. Counter question: why shouldn't NS2 have a dark atmosphere?

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and animations very frame frame/stucked stucked. why nothing soft animations ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Again, I personally need more detail to understand you!
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2038323:date=Dec 1 2012, 01:30 PM:name=TremulousPlayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TremulousPlayer @ Dec 1 2012, 01:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038323"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Guys; thanks for the all your comments. i mean all creatures moving like a air. i did watching all hd ns2 videos. official channel youtube and other users uploading videos. all videos i did watching i mean.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You mean aliens look like they are hovering above the ground? Sorry, I don't think so.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->example = "hitting feeling" is nothing in the ns2 for aliens. onos hitting the enemys but it so weird. onos hitting but hitting feeling nothing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    More details please! Do you mean that it looks like the Onos is getting hits where he shouldn't. There is a mechanic that gives you a minor hit attack bonus even when you miss slightly your target. This mechanic is for aliens only.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->example = look trem dragoon; Ponceing (ponce attack-right mous klick charge and release the finger and dragoon jumping a enemy's body) to enemy and killing the enemy. iam feeling this hit all in my body and all in my brain. its very funny. orgasmic hitting feel. :)

charge and release and crashing the enemy i mean this.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Well simple answer: NS2 is not Tremulous. So no one-hit-kills. At least I guess that is what you want. In NS2 you get your thrill from ambushing marines. But there is an ability that Skulks have: leap. It doesn't deal damage but it also mustn't be charged. It is just for getting away or getting faster in melee range.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->other example tyrant = moving so serial and soft animation. and walking a land. but onos and all other ns2 creatures walking land but looking like a air walking.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I really think your problem is the transitions between animations. It seems that you don't like that it is like switching from one animation to another?
    The variety and complexity of alien animations seem far bigger that in Trem. So it is harder to make look transitions fluent, Trem has very stiff alien animations, so turning on one spot looks just like a walking spider that is being turned. You don't notice it because the Trem alien models have a circular symmetry. You could say that other engines have seamless animations, but I guess when Unknown Worlds Entertainment just throws 100 or 200 men and women at the engine and animations we might have that too.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->my machine good problem is not my machine specs or problem is not low fps recording videos. i did watching all videos man... all hd's... and normals.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I saw the NS2HD videos and they ARE choppy. I don't know why Hugh doesn't by a capture card.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->example = iam with tyrant or adv dragoon or normal goon alone killed 5-6 player in 30-40 second and trem too team game like a ns.

but in ns2 not you have chance for alone if you not onos.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Again, NS2 is not Tremulous. Those are different games with a similar setting. Tremulous seems to be more like Quake 3 Arena with Marines vs Aliens (yes I know it uses the Quake 3 Engine). But NS2 is highly tied to team play. You can't go alone and go on a killing spree. Even with an Onos you can be brought down by a mix of Flamethrowers and Shotguns without support and the right tactics.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->and ns2 dynamics not looking funny. graphics not important but game dynamics important. All computers have difficulty in ns2 beacouse damn shadow effect exaggeration.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Shadows are a big hit on the performance. But it runs smoothly for me. If you have performance problems with shadows turn them off.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->this is not trem adversting... iam just a searching answers.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I am OK with that but you seem to confuse Tremulous with NS2.
    edited December 2012
    yea i confused for ns2 beacouse trem have a simple technology but game dynamics - soft animations - gameplay is so funny than ns2

this is goon gameplay =
    <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktU8DVPnUvE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktU8DVPnUvE</a>
    <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CoZrE6xRhk" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CoZrE6xRhk</a>
    <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjNf05AeHtY" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjNf05AeHtY</a>
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    and this is rant play = <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUSmWIS-JLw" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUSmWIS-JLw</a>

tyrant fast running trample and crashing to enemy human body and damage 100hp

and goon jumping to enemy and crashing the enemy human body and damage 100

runing and jumping to humans its so perfect funny.

finally = i want to say this = ns2 have high technology but dynamics and fun nothing. but trem have simple graphics and simple modellings but fun is maximum.

iam SAD for this; ns2 must be more good couse have so high technology. programmers - creators - makers have resources. but why product is normal quality.

i mean ns2 makers have rich resources - money - graph engine- etc etc etc but makers giving important a graphics but not giving important a "FUN" and game dynamics.

game is not just a graph engine. maximum shadow effect maximum high quality graphics - objects- modelling - but fun is nothing ?

and pls watch all my trem videos. and trem engine still looking good. this videos resolitions not high i mean nothing in internet trem hd videos.

ns2 game makers have so rich resources but product is standart new gen fps game. but trem makers not have so money, limited resources but product is so funny.

ALL GAME MAKERS DOÄ°NG Ä°GNORE THÄ°S = "FUN"

thank you all...
  • KajirouKajirou Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173541Members
    Yeah, I'm not even sure what you're looking for now. From my own experience, NS2 has solid framerates, although some people can experience low fps in certain situations and servers (it's something they're aware of and are likely to improve upon continually). Then it sounds like you're complaining because in trem you can jump on humans and cause loads of damage for quick kills, but in NS2 you require a little more skill, and aren't nearly as tanky.

Fun is different for different people, it's very subjective.
    edited December 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2038533:date=Dec 1 2012, 02:37 PM:name=Kajirou)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kajirou @ Dec 1 2012, 02:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038533"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yeah, I'm not even sure what you're looking for now. From my own experience, NS2 has solid framerates, although some people can experience low fps in certain situations and servers (it's something they're aware of and are likely to improve upon continually). Then it sounds like you're complaining because in trem you can jump on humans and cause loads of damage for quick kills, but in NS2 you require a little more skill, and aren't nearly as tanky.

Fun is different for different people, it's very subjective.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yes, ns2 have a solid framerates thank you. you understand this. and ty for your comment...

and very very solid animations.
    edited December 2012
    <a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhuCg4cNYE" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIhuCg4cNYE</a> i mean this onos what are doing not unknowing. not understanding.

when hitting ? humans when dying :) i see only one HORN and not visible horn hitting.

it not visible ? horn when hitting the enemy :) loool

i want to love this game but i cant. onos animations so absurd.

onos's horn moving like a penis. right and left right and left and enemy is death. :)
    edited December 2012
    all ns2 videos this is = onos runing to the enemy and horn like a penis right and left - right and left and enemy is death :) how ? hitting feel is nothing.
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    You are incorrectly operating your penis, sir.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    edited December 2012
    Listen, if you don't like Natural Selection 2 even though you haven't played it, then nothing we say is going to convince you otherwise. All we can tell you is that it is a fun game and that it feels just as good to play as Tremulous does. If you want to keep saying bad things about a game that you have not played, then go ahead, but you aren't going to convince anyone that Natural Selection 2 is bad just by using your words, because we have actually played the game and we can make up our own minds.
    <!--sizeo:7--><span style="font-size:36pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->@TremulousPlayer<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    <!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->From now on Sir I see you as a Troll.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Because you obviously didn't read what I have written or you didn't understand it.
    <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->You are just repeating your wish to turn NS2 in Tremulous. You want NS to be what it wasn't, what it isn't <b>and will never be</b>.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    And I understand now why your posts in other forums have been closed. But I still hope this threat will not be closed because I want to understand <b>what the hell is going on in your confused brain</b>.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"i mean ns2 makers have rich resources - money - graph engine-"<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Oh please don't make me laugh and give me a break!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><ul><li>rich resources, riiiiight like the manpower of 7 people</li><li>money, witch UWE lacked the whole time during alpha and beta state and had to be supported by the community</li><li>graph engine, which UWE had to develop from scratch by mainly one man (Max)</li></ul><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
    <!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Your misinformation is legendary.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Enough raging rants for today.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2012
    What the heck is going on here?

@TremulousPlayer

I can recommend you to try NS2, playing it and watching videos about it is quite different.
    Not sure if you are trolling, you seem to take little care about spelling, please do, it's a pain to read.
    Yes NS2 might not feel as fluid as Tremulous, but NS2 is very new and made by a very small team, while Tremulous is based on the ancient Quake 3 engine, which will run fast on a toaster even and is made for twitch gaming.
  • LUSITANERLUSITANER Join Date: 2010-09-19 Member: 74086Members
    Tremulous was like the biggest piece o' s*** i've ever played. Bad models, no first person view model for aliens, structures lacking animations, boxy design, ###### effects, unoriginal alien design, and bad (HORRIBLE) gameplay. It's just a lame chinese (nothign against chinese dudes) cheap copy of natural selection 1. I had the game for 1 day and then deleted it. It was more of a lagspike fest with graphics worse than Mario series than a game .
    <!--quoteo(post=2038706:date=Dec 2 2012, 11:22 AM:name=Zaggy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zaggy @ Dec 2 2012, 11:22 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038706"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What the heck is going on here?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I guess that was an indirect hint towards me. The colorful rage in big letters may not be nice, but I just couldn't keep it under. TremulousPlayer's ignorance and lack of <i>real</i> discussion is like a hit right into my face and an insult to UWE. I used this 'rage letter formatting' becausse I hope that TremulousPlayer will actually read <u>and</u> understand other comments since he (or she) is "searching for answers". But nevertheless it seems he wants NS2 to be changed to fit his expectations.

<!--quoteo(post=2038717:date=Dec 2 2012, 11:51 AM:name=LUSITANER)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LUSITANER @ Dec 2 2012, 11:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038717"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tremulous was like the biggest piece o' s*** i've ever played. Bad models, no first person view model for aliens, structures lacking animations, boxy design, ###### effects, unoriginal alien design, and bad (HORRIBLE) gameplay. It's just a lame chinese (nothign against chinese dudes) cheap copy of natural selection 1. I had the game for 1 day and then deleted it. It was more of a lagspike fest with graphics worse than Mario series than a game .<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I am not sure but wasn't there an alpha release of Tremulous in the same year as NS1 was released? Correct me if I am wrong.
    edited December 2012
    i did not open post in other game forums. i did writing "if"

i am laughning a onos animations and other all alien animations. makers have good graphics and modellings but product is ######.

solid animations, onos modelling wtf looking like a no alien it looking like a ROBOT. and spiting other alien attack animation looking like a ######.

go and look onos and other all alien animations. ns1 good but this game is like a ######. now; go and finger yourself. aggresive ns2 fanatics.
    <!--quoteo(post=2038730:date=Dec 2 2012, 11:43 AM:name=Husar)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Husar @ Dec 2 2012, 11:43 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038730"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I guess that was an indirect hint towards me. The colorful rage in big letters may not be nice, but I just couldn't keep it under. TremulousPlayer's ignorance and lack of <i>real</i> discussion is like a hit right into my face and an insult to UWE. I used this 'rage letter formatting' becausse I hope that TremulousPlayer will actually read <u>and</u> understand other comments since he (or she) is "searching for answers". But nevertheless it seems he wants NS2 to be changed to fit his expectations.

I am not sure but wasn't there an alpha release of Tremulous in the same year as NS1 was released? Correct me if I am wrong.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

The ns concept and ns itself are older than Tremulous'
    <!--quoteo(post=2038755:date=Dec 2 2012, 01:20 PM:name=TremulousPlayer)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TremulousPlayer @ Dec 2 2012, 01:20 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038755"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->i did not open post in other game forums. i did writing "if"

i am laughning a onos animations and other all alien animations. makers have good graphics and modellings but product is ######.

solid animations, onos modelling wtf looking like a no alien it looking like a ROBOT. and spiting other alien attack animation looking like a ######.

go and look onos and other all alien animations. ns1 good but this game is like a ######. now; go and finger yourself. aggresive ns2 fanatics.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, know what? Maybe you are just angry and jealous tremulous hasn't such good animations as ns2?

You'd do better in going to learn english instead of coming to this forum just to say tremulous is better (which is a big lie).

Tremulous animations are just a fast forwarded arcade mess. I challenge anyone to try to do better than UWE.
    <!--quoteo(post=2038717:date=Dec 2 2012, 02:51 AM:name=LUSITANER)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LUSITANER @ Dec 2 2012, 02:51 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038717"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tremulous was like the biggest piece o' s*** i've ever played. Bad models, no first person view model for aliens, structures lacking animations, boxy design, ###### effects, unoriginal alien design, and bad (HORRIBLE) gameplay. It's just a lame chinese (nothign against chinese dudes) cheap copy of natural selection 1. I had the game for 1 day and then deleted it. It was more of a lagspike fest with graphics worse than Mario series than a game .<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Tremulous alien and human gameplay did ###### ns2's shi-tty gameplay. and aliens first person view available in trem.

gameplay dynamics on million times funny than your fkcing ns2 game.
    and for you bad news = <a href="http://www.tremulous2.com/" target="_blank">http://www.tremulous2.com/</a> trem2 coming in 2014 -
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    Thank you for your valuable feedback.
    edited December 2012
    yea onos's modelling so good !!!!!! looking like a ROBOT

and look tyrant... maybe modelling quality not so good but looking a really wild alien.

and trem is using quake 3 upgraded engine.

install and see. graphics looking still so good. and look your ns2... high technology but wtf this dynamics ? wtf this solid character movements.

your aliens walking in air man. and so absurd animations have. this spitting alien unit example. i guess skulk ? spitting the enemy. and animations so absurd.

and look this aliens in tps mode (i mean spectate in tps mod) characters walking and runing but not landing :)

watch pls ns2 aliens. in tps mode. i mean this = absurd animations. characters not sitting in the textures. walking in air.
This discussion has been closed.