ENSL NS2 Season 1 discussion

fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
edited November 2012 in Competitive Play
<!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://www.ensl.org/" target="_blank">ENSL NS2 Season 1</a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<i>This is a thread in which we discuss the first season of NS2 in the ENSL. Feel free to discuss anything and everything related to it. Personally, I will start off by posting some predictions/expectations.

I'd also like to say thank you to the organizers for setting everything up. While I disagree with some of their plans for the future, and their appointment of a particular admin, I appreciate the effort they've put into this and hope everything works out in the end.</i>

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro--><b>EU Division 1 Group A</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I think the battle here is going to be between Archaea, Evolve or Die and Saunamen, with Mercury as a dark horse candidate. I dont think HBZ or Rines With Dreams will be able to take enough rounds to get to the playoffs, but how well they perform could decide which of the other teams get to the playoffs, not to mention giving them valuable experience they will benefit from in future seasons.

<b>Evolve or Die:</b> Strong team overall, with lots of NS1 experience. They have a strong commander in JaIvOl. Field players like dugi, alCalDe and Mendasp can do a lot of damage. They haven't been playing NS2 as long as some of the other teams, which could hurt them, but they've been practicing heavily lately and I believe they will continue to improve as the season progresses.

<b>Saunamen:</b> Legendary team from NS1, with more combined experience playing at the top level than any other team in the league. Unfortunately, they lack NS2 experience, having only played their first practice match a couple of days ago. Depending on how much they practice, they could either be a serious contender for the championship or fail to even play their matches. A lot relies on their commander, Peacham, widely regarded as at least one of the best NS1 commanders of all time. If he maintains activity and is able to get into the thick of things before the season ends, they will very tough to beat, especially with markoorrrr and Nde on their marine rounds.

<b>Mercury:</b> Stable team that have been playing together since late in the beta. No standout players from what I can tell, but an overall talented roster with good teamwork and solid strats. Depending on how well/much they practice, and how well the other teams practice, they could very well fight their way into the playoffs.

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro--><b>EU Division 1 Group B</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

In my opinion the most "open" group of the two, with lots of potential for upsets. Very difficult to predict who will come out on top. Coolclan, duplex and exertus are the obvious candidates, but Mint and The Team shouldn't be entirely discounted. I don't think Quaxy will be able to compete, but hopefully they will use this season to gain some NS2 experience.

<b>Coolclan:</b> Newly created NS2 team, with lots of familiar names from high level play in NS1. Also featuring some high skill players from TF2, trying their luck at NS2. Wltrs and Pizza (plays under the alias Hammond now) should be instantly recognizable to anyone who followed competitive NS1. Recently performed a "coup d'etat" in the European NS2 scene, by snatching nadyli and elmo from Exertus, and wiry from Duplex. Three very valuable additions to their team, who should make it a lot easier for this new team to adjust to the NS2 playstyle. Their quality of play will be heavily dependant on how much they are able to practice, and how fast their non-beta players adjust to NS2.

<b>Duplex:</b> Highly experienced team, with great teamwork and a solid roster that have been playing together for a long time now. There's no getting around the fact that they took a blow when they lost wiry to coolclan, but their recent acquisition of xorex (previously of All-In) is a decent replacement. They've been improving steadily for the last couple of months, and I believe they will continue to do so as the season progresses. Perhaps the most likely candidate for the top playoff seed from Group B.

<b>Exertus:</b> Since their strong performance in the ESL tournament, this team has fallen on hard times. Losing both nadyli and elmo, two of their strongest players, to coolclan, was rough. They've still got their other important players, including their commander, TrC, and their driving force, zups, however, and if they are able to grit their teeth and fight through this downturn, I've no doubt that they'll be fighting for a playoff spot.

Comments

• fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I should add that one of the most important matches in Group A, between Archaea and Evolve or Die, will be played tomorrow at 20:00 CET. Not sure if there will be a cast yet, but hopefully someone will take the job.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    Good writeup.
    Quaxy got Varathar from Exertus and with him a lot of ns2 knowledge, so they won't be a total punchbag.
    Thirsty has been very strong in a few pcws i've played against. Definitely my prediction for div2B winner.
    Div2A seems quite interesting teamwise but i put my trust in the water frenchies.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    No NA writeup?

That's coo.. ;)
  • bHackbHack Join Date: 2010-03-23 Member: 71059Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2034967:date=Nov 26 2012, 10:48 AM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Nov 26 2012, 10:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2034967"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No NA writeup?

That's coo.. ;)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, you can share your though on that :)
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    duplex is pretty coo...
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    A certain member of Archea (which I don't want to name here (Treffnix)) managed to break my CPU. Clear case of sabotage, if you ask me.
    Now I'll have to play with my good old duo core for quite some time, which will be a good excuse to why we lose every match in our devision.

But seriously, I feel HBZ is kind of misplaced in DIV1.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    <!--quoteo(post=2034776:date=Nov 26 2012, 05:52 AM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Nov 26 2012, 05:52 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2034776"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I should add that one of the most important matches in Group A, between Archaea and Evolve or Die, will be played tomorrow at 20:00 CET. Not sure if there will be a cast yet, but hopefully someone will take the job.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    21 CET
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2034967:date=Nov 26 2012, 11:48 AM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Nov 26 2012, 11:48 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2034967"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->No NA writeup?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I don't know enough about the NA teams to be able to write anything worthwhile. Same reason I didn't say anything about the lower EU divisions or the Australian division. I was hoping someone "local" would do that instead.
  • ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Great read.

Those breaking news in here make me wish for a comp newsletter again (Where are these, arga? :P)
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Good write up :D

Someone should write up for both NA and/or AUS if you know about them.
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2034776:date=Nov 25 2012, 07:52 PM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Nov 25 2012, 07:52 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2034776"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I should add that one of the most important matches in Group A, between Archaea and Evolve or Die, will be played tomorrow at 20:00 CET. Not sure if there will be a cast yet, but hopefully someone will take the job.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I plan on being there!
    Great! Mendasp was right though, it's 21 CET -- in 1 and a half hours from now.
  • The_Clam93The_Clam93 Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165230Members
    Interesting read. Division 5 approves :P
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2035102:date=Nov 26 2012, 07:17 AM:name=fanatic)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (fanatic @ Nov 26 2012, 07:17 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2035102"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't know enough about the NA teams to be able to write anything worthwhile. Same reason I didn't say anything about the lower EU divisions or the Australian division. I was hoping someone "local" would do that instead.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

You could've just said Nexzil takes all!

that would be ez.

jk :D

I honestly don't know enough about any of these new NA teams myself. Hopefully the scene will blossom and I soon will!
  • bLink`bLink` Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146506Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Natural Erection are great shooters. I think they can compete against Inversion in the Group A Div 1. However, they lack experience and teamwork (their alien gameplay for example). I'm sure as long they stay active and practice they'll be good as the top NA teams.

ScM have a potential to be great too. Just need to work on their teamwork and strategy.

I don't really know much too. But that's my write up :D
  • Katana-Katana- Join Date: 2008-11-25 Member: 65575Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2035313:date=Nov 26 2012, 01:58 PM:name=bLink`)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bLink` @ Nov 26 2012, 01:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2035313"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->ScM have a potential to be great too. Just need to work on their teamwork and strategy.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

thanks for the shout out! I hope we can fix our weaknesses!

ScM is still looking for a few more players...
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Lots of new teams in the NA divisions so its hard gauge how S1 is going to turn out (I wouldn't be surprised to see some good upsets), but here are my thoughts:

Note: I've separated teams into ones that have formed in the beta and are generally well-known (Beta Teams) and new teams that have mostly formed in the last month for S1 (New Teams).

<b><u>Div1 GroupA</u></b>
    Beta Teams:
    - Inversion
    - NorCal
    New Teams:
    - ScM
    - Natural Erection
    - Damage Networks
    - ClanMilk
    Inversion is the clear favorite here. They've shown their skill in past tournies and frankly have a roster that ranges from good to awesome players. NorCal is another old hand from the beta and they've also put together a roster of solid NS2 players, but probably not enough to overcome Inversion. Both ScM and Natural Erection are new teams, but contain players I've seen do well in pubs and gathers (Gir, gh0st, PaLaGi and Katana- on ScM; mobetta, Jaweese, and PREVERT-MAXIMUS on Natural Erection). Don't know enough about the players on Damage Network or ClanMilk to guess how well they'll do. I wouldn't be surprised to see a solid fight for 2nd and 3rd place in this division (between NorCal and some of the new clans as they get more experienced), but I would be if someone toppled Inversion for 1st.

<b><u>Div1 GroupB</u></b>
    Beta Teams:
    - All-In
    - Nexzil
    - -[420]-
    - Team156
    New Teams:
    - True North
    - rev
    I expect a scramble for 1st here, with All-In, Nexzil, and -[420]- all having good shots as they're all experienced with good players. I always hold out hope that my team (Team156) can pull out ahead as a dark horse candidate, but those three are tough competition that we haven't been able to excel against in the past. Don't know much about True North or rev besides recognizing a few good pub players on each team (CeeColonSlash and Soli_Deo_Gloria on True North; Sivs on rev), but I wouldn't be surprised if either turned out to be a contender for 1st place.

<b><u>Div2 GroupA</u></b>
    New Teams:
    - Good Game
    - GOIN ONOS
    - Team Generhater
    - Gray Lines Gaming
    - Horizon
    I frankly have no clue in this division. They are all new teams with players I don't recognize so its likely anybodies guess who comes out on top here.

<b><u>Div2 GroupB</u></b>
    Beta Teams:
    - Unknown Worlds
    New Teams:
    - DTPN
    - Lords of Chaos
    - Breakfast Klub
    - Legion
    Another group in which I don't know much about the teams or their players. Unknown Worlds (the NS2 developers) are in this division, but I only see one player signed up in ENSL (NS2HD) so I have no clue whose playing on their roster. However, UWE does have good players working for them that include comp NS1 players (dux), in addition to some skilled in-house programmers (dushan and andi/sewlek, but also both Brians; Murphy and chops). Still, with the lone S1 Brazilian team in this group, I think it would be a folly to guess who'd win this one.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited November 2012
    thanks for the great writeup Fana, great insight for those of us who aren't familiar with the EU teams.

I can only see Inversion emerging from Group A. however, ScM, Natural Erection, and Damage Networks are three extremely promising teams and have great potential. I don't doubt that with these same brackets and some added experience, the results would be very different. the season is a few weeks long though, which could definitely buy enough time for NE and DN to translate their NS1 skills.

Inversion boasts the strongest lineup in NA. Syknik started playing a few weeks ago and hopefully will be in good form as the season gets underway. drflammable is also a great new addition to their roster. I'm not sure if any Skulks will make it past garfu + drflammable and GORGEous + rantology duos.

Natural Erection has an amazing marine in mobetta, as well as the best team name. although I'm not too sure how much competitive play he is seeing as opposed to pubs :P I believe a bunch of their team is made of strong NS1 players. they have performed quite well.

unfortunately I don't know too much about DN other than that Blue is a solid player and they used to have a skilled NS1 team. I believe the winner of NE and DN would face Inversion.

ScM I believe is a new team with decently seasoned players Gir and PaLaGi, definitely a strong contender when they grow as a team, this season will be excellent for exposure hopefully and I think they definitely have the chance to pull out some upsets with their individual skill.

all these teams in Group A have the potential to really tear things up with more experience so it would be amazing to see them all survive through it.

Group B is tougher to call. All-In may have lost xorex to duplex, but their recent recruit shiv will probably make them just as formidable if not moreso. Colt, ADHD, and carnage all have great individual skill. Hopefully will come down to All-In and Nexzil competing for the top spot.

I think that TN would definitely be next and I don't know enough to write anything else, hf gl gg~
  • FlipperFlipper Join Date: 2012-08-08 Member: 155120Members
    For anyone who cares nc (norcal) is not the same team as the beta nc, many people removed and added.

Still pretty hardcore though.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2035023:date=Nov 26 2012, 02:23 PM:name=Bicsum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bicsum @ Nov 26 2012, 02:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2035023"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But seriously, I feel HBZ is kind of misplaced in DIV1.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Then why didn't HBZ contact me in the week up until the league started?
    It clearly said that if you were unhappy with your position you should contact me.
    It's too late now though.

Also, wanted to throw something in this thread.
    We played against coolclan yesterday and lost 0-4, which was quite a surprice.
    I know we expected to win the game, or at least tie with them.
    However, coolclan showed some very good play.
    And I heard from them that this was the best match they played so far, in terms of their own execution.

As Fana said, we were hit in the head with not just the loss of wiry, but Tquila and Dusteh(mostly inactive) as well, in the week up until the matches started. We were pretty demoralized by losing wiry, who was one of our best players, and without a doubt the most active.
    At this point Eissfeldt was M.I.A, and we basicly had no idea where he was at. He showed up for our game yesterday, on a mobile internet.
    However, we picked up the pieces of the team that was remaining and gave it a shot to rebuild.
    We managed to get xorex, who left All-In the day before wiry left us. And we are now working on another 1-2 players for our roster.

In the game against coolclan, we had Eissfeldt playing on his mobile internet connection, which did not work very well for him.
    He had the same ping as xorex, and ping kept spiking to 1000. And due to this, I was put in to replace him for the last 2 games on tram.
    Which did not turn it more into our favor, since I have been focusing way more on organizing the league than playing lately.
    That also shows in my play.

Anyway, we are still looking forward, and trying to get the best out of this. And big probs to coolclan for beating us senseless.
  • The_Clam93The_Clam93 Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165230Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2035313:date=Nov 26 2012, 10:58 PM:name=bLink`)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bLink` @ Nov 26 2012, 10:58 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2035313"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Natural Erection are great shooters.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

sorry, i couldn't repress teh lulz.
  • YoungTrotskyYoungTrotsky Join Date: 2007-03-09 Member: 60307Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037274:date=Nov 29 2012, 05:10 PM:name=swalk)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (swalk @ Nov 29 2012, 05:10 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037274"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And big probs to coolclan for beating us senseless.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Think you means props :P
    edited December 2012
    <!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><a href="http://www.ensl.org/" target="_blank">ENSL NS2 Season 1 - EU Division 1 Week 1 roundup/analysis</a><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<b>Group A Results:</b>
    Archaea 4-0 Evolve or Die.
    HBZ 2-2 Saunamen.
    Mercury 3-1 Rines with Dreams.

<b>Group B Results:</b>
    Coolclan 4-0 Duplex.
    The Team 2-2 Quaxy

Sadly the top division suffered its first casualty already with Exertus folding, leaving Group B with five teams remaining.

<b>As I'm sure many have noticed, there were two huge upsets in the first week of play in EU div 1 (Coolclan 4-0 Duplex and HBZ 2-2 Saunamen). Some quick thoughts/analysis:</b>

Fortunately for Duplex (and unfortunately for spectator interest and the community), Exertus have folded. Thus Duplex should be able to secure the second seed in group b regardless of losing four points to Coolclan, but it depends on them beating Mint and The Team. This result will more or less lock Coolclan into the first seed, though, meaning Duplex will likely have to face Archaea in the semi final.

The result of HBZ vs. Saunamen will potentially have even more impact, however, as Saunamen will now have their backs against the wall with regards to securing a playoff spot. If they are able to take rounds against Archaea on Sunday, things will be easier, but if they don't, they will likely have to win at least 3-1 against both Evolve or Die and Mercury, and win 4-0 against RwD, to be able to grab the second seed from group a.

In other words, group b just got a little less interesting, while group a became very interesting. The second week is going to be important for all teams involved.

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro--><b>EU Division 1 Week 2 Group A</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<b>Matches:</b>
    Archaea vs. Saunamen.
    Evolve or Die vs. Rines with Dreams.
    Mercury vs. HBZ.

As I said above, Saunamen will be hoping to take at least one round against Archaea, which would give them a leg up on Evolve or Die, who lost 4-0 against Archaea in the first week, for the second playoff seed in the group.

I suspect the two other matches will have more impact, however. Both Mercury and Evolve or Die will be looking to grab 4-0s. If Mercury can get a 4-0 against HBZ, they'll have a significant advantage over Saunamen. Evolve or Die, on the other hand, will want to avoid losing more than 1 round to RwD, but preferably want to take all four to give them an advantage over Mercury, who lost one round against RwD in the first week. Both HBZ and RwD will be looking to show their mettle, and HBZ's confidence boost from drawing against Saunamen could give them the "extra something" that helps them win any close rounds. If we see any upsets here, with an upset being defined as either HBZ or RwD winning more than one round, it could end up deciding who goes to the playoffs. Obviously, Saunamen will be hoping for upsets.

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro--><b>EU Division 1 Week 2 Group B</b><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<b>Matches:</b>
    Coolclan vs. Mint.
    Duplex vs. The Team.

Both very important matches for all teams, with Coolclan and Duplex being the favorites to win. Mint and The Team, on the other hand, will be looking to take as many rounds as possible; If Mint are able to take any rounds against Coolclan, that will give them an advantage over Duplex which could propel them into the second playoff seed. The Team, on the other hand, probably have no shot at any playoff spots after drawing against Quaxy in the first week, but could torpedo Duplex's chances at going to the playoff by winning rounds.

For both groups, there is a good chance we will have a good idea of who the likely playoff seeds will be after this week's matches. Very exciting!

<i>Swalk: Sorry to hear about your recent troubles, hope you're able to push through and treat this as a temporary setback. You guys have been some of our best competition ever since the beta (not to mention that period when I played for you!) and it would be a real shame to see you go.</i>
    <!--quoteo(post=2037304:date=Nov 29 2012, 01:04 PM:name=The_Clam93)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The_Clam93 @ Nov 29 2012, 01:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037304"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->sorry, i couldn't repress teh lulz.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:D
  • ScrajmScrajm Join Date: 2011-10-17 Member: 127859Members
    I like these writeups.
  • Chuck_NorrisChuck_Norris Join Date: 2012-04-01 Member: 149779Members
    Me too!

Fana you should consider writing such a summary each week for the ensl startpage.

We need more qualified stuff like this out in the public.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2038777:date=Dec 2 2012, 03:03 PM:name=Chuck_Norris)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Chuck_Norris @ Dec 2 2012, 03:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2038777"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Me too!

Fana you should consider writing such a summary each week for the ensl startpage.

We need more qualified stuff like this out in the public.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I could also link to his weekly posts in the thread on ENSL!
    I think I'm gonna go ahead and do that ;)
  • omaoma Join Date: 2003-06-04 Member: 17001Members
    edited December 2012
    Hi there,

I made a big analysis about finnish teams on a finnish ns2 community website <i><a href="http://ns2fi.net" target="_blank">http://ns2fi.net</a></i>. I thought i could share it in english, mostly i used google translate so it is not perfect but i've fixed the biggest errors in some sentences and words, so hopefully it is somewhat understandable. Yeah these analyses are only for the six still playing finnish teams on ensl s1, in order of skill level.

<b>Finnish teams</b>

In order of merit, this analysis is bades on the author's personal observations of blocks and division levels, where the teams play. (Ie, possible errors in skill levels certainly is).
    <i>Unfortunately, the unfortunate event chains has resulted that Finnish pride Exertus, which was quite a long time the only one capable to fight back of Archaen superiority, is now dropped from the season.</i>

1. <b>Saunamen</b> (1st div. A-block) - At the moment, playing in certainly ENSL-Leagues hardest block, where the current dominant NS2-team European players behind playing and carrying the name of Archae.

Configuration: Nde, Peacham, markoorrrr, bread (leipa), whiiii, Karko, Hopeanuoli
    Team Analysis: I went to the Sauna <i><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->(this sounded pretty funny so i left it untouched)<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i> and their configuration is very old and they have some legendary player statuses playing for the team like Peacham commanding and Hopeanuoli's picking berries, or more familiarly fragging. Team strengths are definitely a long history of NS1 play and teamwork. Players to follow Naatti (Nde), which is currently one of the rising names in tour small finnish gaming community, Peacham commanding skills hardly have been rusted out from NS1 times, rising stars marko and karko are developing to be better and better everyday.

2. <b>Quaxy</b> (1 div. Block B) - League first division b-block has changed a lot when Exertuss dropped and made the division less interesting. The remaining Finnish clan Quaxy, however, seems to sting and fight back, and is fighting for a small possibilty of playoff position, the block itself is almost entirely full of surprises. Quaxy itself is an ancient team for years with varying degrees of success, their strengths are definitely their common history and playbook.

Configuration: Vision, Bacillus, Mulk, Rapsu, moza, kesaesa, Myyrs, Arren, zoldat, Object, Paiermauer, Varathar, NaF
    Team analysis: Mulk enjoying walking on red carpets and under paparazzi's camera flash, so he is one of the most important driving forces, but still not to be forgotten skulk's neverending nightmare rapsutin and let's talk specifically trigger tickler rather than bags scratcher <i><!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->(rapsutin is almost like scratch in finnish, joke behind it)<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--></i>, Quaxys rising stars Varathar and kesaesa certainly if necessary will show how their polished and superior tactics will work on battlefield.

3. <b>vetus</b> (2nd div. A-block) - The second block was thought to be a 'walk in a park' but has proved surprisingly challenge. The need for totally demolish opponents has become an unpleasantly difficult surprise, and thus purgatory is smoking butts as matches are running out. The team is very new, where however can be found some very old and legendary names, whose driving force may take Vetus upper division, but it is likely to be seen.

Composition: oma, Tark, sadist, Hymzi, mafu, Punpu, EZM, the Son (poika^) <!--sizeo:1--><span style="font-size:8pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i>(laughed my assoff, gtranslate +1)</i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
    Team Analysis: A relatively new team and the original configuration has changed, the teams skill level has risen considerably from the recent changes. Expected to have a very high-class team and individual play, the development of which should be monitored. Vetus driving force is definitely Tarks natural environment looking from above watching his subjects and commanding and that feeds his god syndrome, accuracy shootings can be considered as the most important resource and is expected from mafua, punpu and hymzi's excellent roof hanging skills to be proud, rising star EZM is like a blast from past.

4. <b>Beer Boar</b> (4 div. A-block) - Leagues fourth division, can be found at number 4 based on their present performances. This division, I have not followed, but the current statistics tells that it can qualify for the team's relatively high order in my list, even higher than 3 divisions found Karvalakki team. This is certainly an interesting division, because it includes the other Finn clan El'Pheer with a very long history of high level gaming.

Configuration: Tadrac, Ins, Anthallas, popo, maurish, S_U_V_A, Alttz, ruglie, tulkas, rikuti
    Team Analysis: The team is hard to go out and do analysis because my knowledge base is very fragile, however, the current results of the team has fared better than expected in their division, winning even the legendary el'pheer. A team of familiar names I highlight Ins, which i have had a collision with a couple of times in public and has been a convincing performance on his part.

5. <b>El'Pheer</b> (4 div. A-block) - from the fourth division we find an legendary team that, somewhat surprisingly has not played as expected. Team will rise when given enough time to smoothen the tactics and skills, if they are able to walk hand in hand with long enough they will be back in their righteous place in the 1. division.

Configuration: Contagious, Trigu, morttu, JJAVA, Sariah, scoobyz, iampain, L0B0
    Team Analysis: The legend itself is alive and still breathing, because time has golden the memories we do not often remember how much train is needed to make everything perfect. Teams driving forces definitely Contagious his, even morbidly artistic interpretation of tactics will carry the team to the sky, Trigu is as hot sensation skulk, fade, lerk, Onos and exoman, thats why i wouldn't wanna bump with him in dark streets without police forces, and little girls' wet dream Trigu is a valuable player for the team, a rising star and relying on insider information scoobydoo (scoobyz) will surely evolve and smoothen his commanding skills to sub when needed. I look forward with great interest how this team develops and rises again to their honorable place.

6. <b>Fur Hat (Karvalakki)</b> (3 div. B-block) - I dont expect great things from this period, but that's what it's got to be, they are the ones that makes surprises which will shock critics.

Configuration: TheKarva, Jocklz, Micklz, Boke, Tatou, PittlerGG, Cetrius, ruikul, Piekka, Horban, BobyConBable, Tomsku
    Team analysis: Has been encountered in public servers, where they have been practicing in a team, and it's about the team a lot. Motivation can be found, and as the
    yeast dough for buns allowed to swell in the oven so it swells and swells to a large baked roll then someone nibble's its, luckily they can always bake more. TheKarva is certainly a teams heart and he is definitely a come across in publics and I think he will take his team forward.

<b>End of Days Predictions</b>

<b>Saunamen:</b> I predict a moderate success for Saunamen in their own block even a moderately good chance to get through to medal games.

Final ranking: 3 place.

<b>Quaxy</b>: Quaxys success will be based on every successful individual performances, teamwork is still to be worked on, but managed to increase their individual performances will rise to key role.

Final position: 4 or 5 place.

<b>Vetus:</b> Vetus have performed as expected, and has possibility to win their block, but it requires a top performances and completely crush opponent's.

Final ranking: 2 place.

<b>Beer Boar:</b> Their winning over El'Pheer, I expect them to rise to higher division, and I do not see any obstacles in their way.

Final ranking: 1 place. Getting in the upper division.

<b>El'Pheers:</b> They're unlikely to rise in a Division, their common history and their teamwork will retain reputation and rise as expected in scores.
    Final rank 2 or 3 place.

<b>Hat hair (karvalakki)</b>: I do not see them achieving any major surprises, I do not think they will remain at current division.
    Final ranking 6 place. Falls to lower divisions.
    <!--quoteo(post=2040265:date=Dec 5 2012, 07:42 AM:name=oma)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oma @ Dec 5 2012, 07:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2040265"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->purgatory is smoking butts<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Keep the roundups going Fana, they are great!