Mapcycle.json vs Custom Map?

sleepingsleeping Join Date: 2005-01-16 Member: 35868Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
I don't believe there is currently a way to do this, so i am curious if there is and i just don't know about it.

If there is not a way which i expect, is it possible?

I would like to have the maps which are in the map rotation, and have custom maps that are not in the normal rotation but that i can manually switch too. As of now if i add a map it is automatically in the map rotation.

Thanks in advance.

-Ecks
Leader of Victurus

Comments

• DawormDaworm Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67900Members
    Create 2 files?

one - aMapCycle.json

the other - bMapCycle.json

When you want to run standard, rename aMapCycle.json to MapCycle.json and vice-versa.
    You have to reboot anyway don't you?
  • RyneRyne Join Date: 2012-02-25 Member: 147408Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2034339:date=Nov 25 2012, 10:45 AM:name=sleeping)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sleeping @ Nov 25 2012, 10:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2034339"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't believe there is currently a way to do this, so i am curious if there is and i just don't know about it.

If there is not a way which i expect, is it possible?

I would like to have the maps which are in the map rotation, and have custom maps that are not in the normal rotation but that i can manually switch too. As of now if i add a map it is automatically in the map rotation.

Thanks in advance.

-Ecks
    Leader of Victurus<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just dont list the custom map in your "maps" line of MapCycle.Json.

You still need to load it via the mod line in the same file though.