Exo's and Optimizations

Sharp-ShooterSharp-Shooter Join Date: 2011-05-11 Member: 98364Members
Hello, is it just me or do exo's make everyone's FPS DROP like crazy, every time there is a dual exo and when it fired my FPS would drop 5-9 just by one dual exo firing,

also TRAM needs some serious optimizations at server/mezzanine locations, when mezzanine is infested i get around 40fps,later in the a game with 22 players there were exos in server i was in the middle of the RT in mezzanine i was getting 20 FPS at one point this is unacceptable

Corei5 3570k @3.7ghz
GTX 680 Oc TOP
8gb 1600mhz corsair dominator
maximus v formula

i know optimizations are always being worked on, despite this i feel like patch over patch combat FPS gets lowered, i also wanted to point out to the devs that im experiencing poor FPS in tram mostly in mezzanine, i think EXO should be looked at when it fires i can be just standing perfectly still in mezzanine starring at a wall and everytime i hear an EXO go off my FPS just DROPS considerably sometimes i would even get hitches

Comments

• ZenoZeno Join Date: 2007-09-05 Member: 62183Members
    edited November 2012
    I never experience such FPS drops and I have very similar hardware. (3570k, 8gb 1333 RAM, Ati-5870). Maybe something's wrong with the rest of your system - prpgrams in the background, wrong drivers, Windows-problems?
  • PhOeNiX4PhOeNiX4 Join Date: 2004-08-26 Member: 30912Members
    Yeah I've got a new computer recently, it's specs are very high yet i'm getting crazy fps drops from 80+ that drops down to 20-40 when entering certain combat situations.

Didn't even do this on my last rig which was significantly worse, but this was a few patches back.
  • [AwE]Sentinel[AwE]Sentinel Join Date: 2012-06-05 Member: 152949Members
    With the Exo fire and hit effects displayed the count of faces+ is exploding and I get around 15% less fps with every Exo firing near me. 20fps is gold ;) I drop down to 6-9 fps, that is not good while fighting. And if the load gets too heavy, my NS2 will just crash. But that can happen when too many lmg rines (around 5) are firing at the same time or when a hord of onos is attacking as well. But I have an E8600 and a Ati 5850...I need a faster cpu, yes. Even if you say 20 fps is bad, other people would be happy ;)
  • FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2032780:date=Nov 23 2012, 02:53 AM:name=Zeno)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zeno @ Nov 23 2012, 02:53 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032780"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I never experience such FPS drops and I have very similar hardware. (3570k, 8gb 1333 RAM, Ati-5870). Maybe something's wrong with the rest of your system - prpgrams in the background, wrong drivers, Windows-problems?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    No, the game is horribly unoptimized where certain particle effects are concerned.
  • The Vault KeyThe Vault Key Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169550Members
    edited November 2012
    AMD Phenom II 720 @3.4GHz
    AMD Radeon 5850
    4 GB of 1333MHz

NS2 runs at about 60 FPS in menu and when the game starts, when the game is in the middle or beginning to end there is infestation everywhere, exos, marines, bilebombs and onoses then FPS drops to around 30-40 or even less.
    Everything is Maxed Out at 1680*1050, and when the exos + welders come to with with an onos, hell, I'm glad I'm not my computer - it starts to work like crazy.
    And yes, there is something odd about exos minigun fire because fps drops really bad + it often freezes, I guess it's because 4 Gigabytes of memory isn't enough and I can't blame optimalisation for it, rather myself to put everything on max :)

To be completely honest guys I think that this game looks amazing but optimalisation is still a bit ... meh.
    It's not like there's a lot of space, sure, maps are pretty huge (Try going to spectator mode to view the whole map) but they're closed quarters so I don't think it should put such a stress on our machines. Still, I'm glad its using my PCs power as much as it does, at least my computer is not sleeping while playing this game.

Gonna' wait for some patches and hopefully we'll gain some FPS.