Couple of issues with our server.

kamuletoekamuletoe Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171207Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Client sent a move too far in the past.</div>I keep getting a "client sent a move too far in the past" error. Could this be cause by someone with high ping? I noticed the players were complaining about hard core lag, but the tick rate stayed a steady 28-30 during this time. Also the other thing I noticed is that the chat log isn't picking up what's being said through the game/webadmin page. I can see the chats on the console log when I'm viewing the computer, but it doesn't show up on my web admin (only admin posts no player posts) when I'm on a different computer.

Thanks for your time guys!

Comments

• RothgarRothgar Join Date: 2009-11-13 Member: 69372Members
    Well I got these messages in the server console on a LAN game, so I would like to think it's not a latency issue...

I haven't done any testing past this as I was just messing around but also had the server console crash once I think as well.
  • kamuletoekamuletoe Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171207Members
    That's strange that you would get that on your lan... hmm....... I'm thankful I haven't had a complete server crash! *knocks on wood!
    Although it was kind of a pain in the butt to get everything set up to work right, but man is it totally worth it!
  • apgfeb14apgfeb14 Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170760Members
    Actually im getting the same thing and this...

if you check this thread ( did not see this why put server discussion under getting started should be a link in general to go to server...)

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=124991&st=0&gopid=2030757&#entry2030757" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/in...p;#entry2030757</a>

is mine about my server. i get that and to many moves to process in a frame and its spiking my servers to over 9k ( no phun ) ping on both my servers

they are both at home, spare boxes nothign else runs on them, my net is 20\4 and they both run quad core i5's and 4 gig ddr3... i have the power my CPU usage sits at maybe 30-30 % but yet i still get this, is this network issues ?
  • DeadmindsXDeadmindsX Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 168110Members
    I got same errors, running 24/24 right now.. connected to a 1 gig pipeline.
    whats wrong with the new build 231????
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    that is an internal debug, has nothing to do with how your server is working or not... just ignore it
  • kamuletoekamuletoe Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171207Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2030836:date=Nov 20 2012, 07:54 PM:name=WasabiOne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WasabiOne @ Nov 20 2012, 07:54 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2030836"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->that is an internal debug, has nothing to do with how your server is working or not... just ignore it<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Awesome! I just got the new update to 231 so we'll give that a run! I'm crossing my fingers!