Very disappointed in some in this community

AlchemdaAlchemda Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25942Members
<div class="IPBDescription">For shame</div>So I'm commanding, about my 3rd time. I've read the forums read posts on strats and watch many competitive matches. So about 15 minutes in, they do not have a early onos, which is a clear win on marine side for me. Second, at 15 we have sub, flight, atrium and are taking out the hives as we speak. I'm throwing out health and ammo and scans left and right and at 15 minutes we have weapons 2 armor 3, gl/flame, mines, shotties, welds, and jetpacks researching.

I get ejected for being a ###### commander...

Apparently researching flames first is stupid and ridiculous, we are swimming in resources, and it doesn't matter which one i do first. Flames are best against fades and onos because it drains energy. Studies have shown GL's suck against onos. They were saying i freaking suck and i deserve to uninstall and your useless, the FPS guys were pulling the game, not the com... That right there is BS, the ground guys wouldn't do crap without my upgrades, my strat.

I just don't understand some people . Really put a sour taste in my mouth. If they let me finish we would have won, but the ejected me and said THEY would have won sooner if I didn't fail at the game so bad. I mean really , freaking bs, this elitist attitude in some kids these days pisses me off.

Comments

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You got a bad team, it happens to the best of use you cant chage that :/
  • current1yoldcurrent1yold Join Date: 2012-09-10 Member: 158911Members
    You act a little condescending in this thread and I can imagine if your whole team wanted you gone (my assumption) then you were doing the same thing in game. Games are meant to be fun, when you have a ######head commander (not directed at you specifically) even if you are winning it tends to not be fun.

Were you making the game not fun?
  • MuckyMcFlyMuckyMcFly Join Date: 2012-03-19 Member: 148982Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    Playing with other people always brings this out.

Rest assured were not all like that, ignore the trolls and carry on the game needs good commanders who arnt afraid to break the "NORM".

I like turrents and arcs, I get moaned at, but I dont care. Next time you command and Ill follow your orders... simple.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What the angry looking monkey said is true. This community is far nicer than in most games. But no matter how nice, some idiots are everywhere. We are just lucky, that they are so few, that if you change the server you have a big chance of getting a better team. ;)
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    I'm pretty sure there's a problem where it only requires 2 votes to eject a commander (correct me if i'm wrong). So that could be what happened.

Regardless, anybody ejecting a commander in a game where you're absolutely destroying the other team, just because they researched flamethrower first, is just silly.

It's about as silly as the aliens covering the entire map with harvesters and infestation, with hives going up at every tech point, and then getting ejected for getting bilebomb before leap.

If the game is already won, the commander shouldn't have to be bound by the most popular build order (and shouldn't be even if the game isn't won yet). There's not a lot of variety as it is, and we should be encouraging people to attempt less common strategies. For example, I know at the end of a game, the most efficient, effective means of ending it is to start pumping out the onos eggs. However, often I'll opt for building a bunch of bombard whips instead.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yep, pretty much happens to the best people sometimes.

Always a few idiots to mess up the pub games. Had a kid the other day rallying marines to follow his orders and ignore the commander (even though the commander knew what he/she was doing and this player clearly did not).
  • TinCanTinCan Join Date: 2006-12-11 Member: 59010Members
    I was going to say I rarely see a good commander get ejected for one "misstep" so perhaps there was more to the story than OP described or realized.

BUT can someone confirm or clarify this:?
    <!--quoteo(post=2028814:date=Nov 19 2012, 03:39 PM:name=d0ped0g)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (d0ped0g @ Nov 19 2012, 03:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2028814"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... it only requires 2 votes to eject a commander (correct me if i'm wrong). ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Trouble is, people watch videos of comp players, then are like, ahh if we use that strat we win...

They have no idea that normally comp strats are not very good for public, except where they exploit the broken aspects of the game, like regen and crags in this build, along with the 1 min onos, hashahah (joke, 5m30 is the earliest i've seen one so far..)
  • zzzfingernailzzzzzzfingernailzzz Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171935Members
    Well im very disappointed in UWE for releasing a sequel that falls far short of the original.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->This has no place on these forums, they aren't your personal blog to complain about things that the game has no influence over...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
This discussion has been closed.