Blizzard giving out free WoW Battlechests to Diablo III owners.

MkilbrideMkilbride Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69952Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Man...</div>I'm depressed. I thought it was a fake email, so I copied the key, for kicks, and manually went to Battle.net, rather than following their suspicious looking "Click here!"

And it's legit. Just added it right to my account.

I'm depressed because I don't like WoW. Hate it, infact. I'm pretty sure I could have traded it for something as well, comes with 30 days of game time. Sure some person would've been interested in it regardless.

Not sure what's going on really, this was the email:

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maxx,

You've proven your valor in the battle for Sanctuary in Diablo® III. Now take your skills to Azeroth with a FREE digital copy of World of Warcraft® Battle Chest®, which includes 30 days of game time, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King® expansion packs.

To claim your copy, simply click the button below:

Or, you can log in to your Battle.net® account, select Games & Codes > Add a Game Key, and enter the CD Key provided below:<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Just another effort by Blizzard to milk more money. :P

Comments

• HyperformsHyperforms Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166912Members
    Nothing wrong with cross-promotion. What the people that don't know anything don't realize is that there's still a pretty big entry fee to get into the current WoW, even if they're giving you all that for free. Cataclysm is $29.99 and Pandaria is another $39.99, plus your monthly fees. There's a point where the entry fee for an MMO becomes way too high and I think WoW is at that stage. The battle chest itself is $19.99 so if you were to pay for everything, that's $89.97 plus taxes just to be able to reach the current end game... which is ridiculous but that's what expansion packs do to MMOs.
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    you realize that they are losing customers hard right? after all those d3 sc2 chaos...
  • AldarisAldaris Join Date: 2002-03-25 Member: 351Members, Constellation
    You do realise that they recently released figures showing that WoW subscription has increased back to over 10 million right?
  • AlignAlign Remain Calm Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5216Forum Moderators, Constellation
    I didn't get one, so I guess it's not everyone who owns D3?
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69952Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2026878:date=Nov 17 2012, 03:48 PM:name=Align)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Align @ Nov 17 2012, 03:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026878"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I didn't get one, so I guess it's not everyone who owns D3?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Maybe it's random? I hear it's only people who beat Diablo 3.

OR it could be because I own the CE. I'd rather they just give me a discount on HOTS DD.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    <!--quoteo(post=2026999:date=Nov 17 2012, 10:33 AM:name=Mkilbride)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mkilbride @ Nov 17 2012, 10:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026999"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe it's random? I hear it's only people who beat Diablo 3.

OR it could be because I own the CE. I'd rather they just give me a discount on HOTS DD.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I beat D3 but did not get anything. But I also literally did load D3 once after I beat him. And yes, I only had the regular edition.
  • palliepallie Join Date: 2009-10-12 Member: 69028Members
    edited November 2012
    I also didn't get a key, and I'm happy I didn't. MMORPG's never again ;<

Can we turn this thread into a 'diablo 3 sucked' thread? I feel like I have an unresolved trauma :(
  • HyperformsHyperforms Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166912Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2027846:date=Nov 18 2012, 06:55 AM:name=pallie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pallie @ Nov 18 2012, 06:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027846"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I also didn't get a key, and I'm happy I didn't. MMORPG's never again ;<

Can we turn this thread into a 'diablo 3 sucked' thread? I feel like I have an unresolved trauma :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I played the open beta for an hour and wasn't impressed at all. I don't know if Diablo 3 itself sucked monkey balls or if that style of gameplay is just dead in the water for me, but I really couldn't get into it. To be fair, I couldn't really get into Torchlight 2 either. Some gameplay styles just don't age well and I think that's one of them.
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2028487:date=Nov 19 2012, 06:30 AM:name=Hyperforms)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hyperforms @ Nov 19 2012, 06:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2028487"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->...To be fair, I couldn't really get into Torchlight 2 either. Some gameplay styles just don't age well and I think that's one of them.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm still having hope for GRIM DAWN.
  • lolfighterlolfighter Snark, Dire Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15693Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2026487:date=Nov 17 2012, 05:28 AM:name=Hyperforms)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Hyperforms @ Nov 17 2012, 05:28 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2026487"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Cataclysm is $29.99 and Pandaria is another $39.99, plus your monthly fees.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    What is a negative actually ends up as a positive in my book. The barrier to entry is high enough to give me pause for just long enough to fight the addiction.
    It's like they say about all drugs, you can quit the drug but you'll never stop being an addict. Hell, I've never been a habitual smoker and sometimes I find myself craving a cigarette, just from years of passive smoking. And even though I quit WoW for a reason, I still had a few pangs of craving in the weeks after pandaland came out. The fact that I never bought Cataclysm keeps me from going back in.
    So I say bring on the expansions! Make them as pricey as possible! The greater the barrier to entry, the smaller the chance that I'll slip.
  • palliepallie Join Date: 2009-10-12 Member: 69028Members
    Amen to that lolfighter.
  • VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Weird, when I read this, I hadn't received the gift even though I completed D3 within the first week of it's release.

I received the gift on the 30th last month. :)
  • SvenpaSvenpa Wait, what? Join Date: 2004-01-03 Member: 25012Members, Constellation
    So, I got a battle chest and I have absolutely zero interest in it.

Alternative uses for it?
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=2039203:date=Dec 3 2012, 03:30 PM:name=Svenpa)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Svenpa @ Dec 3 2012, 03:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2039203"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, I got a battle chest and I have absolutely zero interest in it.

Alternative uses for it?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not sure, but I expect them to link that code to your b.net account, so you probably can't sell it.

As for WoW, I still play it. Been away for a few months at a time, but still the same character I made 7 years ago. I enjoy it, so why not? :p The game has improved a lot, with the MoP changes, it became very casual-friendly.