Give the gorge the ability to build just 1 whip

SiminiSimini Join Date: 2012-09-28 Member: 160916Members
edited November 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">And be able to upgrade that whip as well</div>I like playing gorge and setting up my own defensive point on the map while tending the wounds of my fellow Aliens, however as soon as grenade launchers come in to play my clogs and hydras are not worth defending as the grenade launchers kill me, my clogs and my Hydras before i know it.

So my answer to this is to allow the Gorge to build 1 whip which you can upgrade to fling back grenades, i'm not sure if this will be OP, i doubt that though as whips are easy to deal with if you know where they are.

It would also help with grenade spam on the hives, i always see gorges, eggs and most structures dying while that 1 marine keeps firing them and then running back to safety, pretty big reward for little risk and skill.

Comments

• maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    Maybe it's the NS1 in me but I'm all for gorge building... He needs some res sinks if he wants to perma gorge.... To that end mini structures would be great
  • SiminiSimini Join Date: 2012-09-28 Member: 160916Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025816:date=Nov 16 2012, 08:30 AM:name=maD maX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maD maX @ Nov 16 2012, 08:30 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025816"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe it's the NS1 in me but I'm all for gorge building... He needs some res sinks if he wants to perma gorge.... To that end mini structures would be great<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Exactly, one thing i hate most is sitting there as a gorge with my 9 res worth of hydras with 100 res in my pocket and nothing more to build, and no i don't want to go Onos as that just gets old going Onos all the time.
  • StubbsStubbs Join Date: 2005-01-27 Member: 38622Members
    You don't really need the ability to upgrade it when it can just mature by itself. Also, I just coincidentally mentioned that the Gorge should have a single Whip in another thread.
  • RMJRMJ Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155190Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2025822:date=Nov 16 2012, 05:33 PM:name=Simini)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Simini @ Nov 16 2012, 05:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025822"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Exactly, one thing i hate most is sitting there as a gorge with my 9 res worth of hydras with 100 res in my pocket and nothing more to build, and no i don't want to go Onos as that just gets old going Onos all the time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This so much!.
  • OutlawDrOutlawDr Join Date: 2009-06-21 Member: 67887Members
    This is something I've wanted the gorge to be able to do for awhile.

In fact I've wanted all defensive structures to be player purchased and dropped. Not only would it make defensive structures more interesting for more players (and not just the comm's private tower defense mini-game), but it would scale better. Defensive structures are just one more thing that doesn't scale with team size. More players, more you need. Hydras and mines do scale as they are player purchased (though comm spamming mine drops does complicate that). I would be fine having both comms and players dropping defensive structures if comm had a scaled resource pool.

I would allow the comm to unroot and reposition a gorge's whips. If you can't trust the comm messing with your whip, then you got bigger problems.
  • JeehaoJeehao Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168294Members
    Each room should have a limit to how many Gorge buildings it can have. Just like each room only can have one battery with 3 turrets.

I would be fine with that gorges could put out maybe 1-3 whips but not in the same room. whips are pretty useless..
  • NoMoreChilliesNoMoreChillies Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169666Members
    make the whip cost 35 res, then the gorge will protect it
  • RokiyoRokiyo A.K.A. .::FeX::. Revenge Join Date: 2002-10-10 Member: 1471Members, Constellation
    Un-muzzle the gorge!

Let it spend pres on anything the commander could build for tres!
  • Dr.NutsDr.Nuts Join Date: 2012-11-18 Member: 172311Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2027855:date=Nov 18 2012, 09:07 AM:name=Rokiyo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rokiyo @ Nov 18 2012, 09:07 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027855"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Un-muzzle the gorge!

Let it spend pres on anything the commander could build for tres!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yep... The gorge is not what it used to be.

A very important class that everybody taken care of/defended because it was the class that was building res. towers/ upgrades/ defenses/ hives.

It used to be a proactive class: A Gorge was also able to play by himself by being sneaky setting up deadly traps by using Offense Chambers (Hydras) and Sensory Chambers (Shades) in unexpected spots, take over a room...

The Gorge also used to be able to set up webs to help against Jetpacks. Marines needed to weld them out or use grenade launcher. (Webs were awesome...)

Also remember the Gorge Hook? The Gorge was able to hang on ceilings and protect the top of the hive.

In NS2 if you want to play the role the Gorge used to have (or half of it), you need to be the commander and take care of everything around the map. It also means that you need to play in Strategy Game View. No more building in first person except for 3 dumb Hydras and Clogs.....

Build 3 Hydras, 10 Clogs then switch class or sit there (Crag mode)... Or use the Gorge only when Bile Bomb is needed... Or sit in a spot to heal people up... (Crag mode)

A Gorge with a lot of resources used to be powerful. Now the Gorge is a weakling fatty not related to resources anymore.

Sigh... Being Gorge is so boring now... :(