Pretty nice 45min public match on Veil (Build 229)

Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT DeputyThe Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
<div class="IPBDescription">Recorded@TwitchTV</div>A newbie commander that had a lot of fun commanding us. If you're reading this, good show EDO :)

It was basically a back and forth match with an ultimate defeat. The marine team tried to poke at the alien base from many areas. But ultimately we had to abandon base! A lot of things were tried but during the entire match no EXO was seen anywhere. I blame Alterra for their cutbacks on supplies and inflated prices!!! Enjoy :)

<center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AUB0oKNOKNo"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AUB0oKNOKNo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>
<div align='center'><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUB0oKNOKNo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUB0oKNOKNo</a></div>

Comments

• SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited November 2012
    Nice game! And thanks for posting it!

Would you mind telling me what software did you use to record this? And what are your pc specs :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025152:date=Nov 16 2012, 12:42 AM:name=SupaDupaNoodle)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SupaDupaNoodle @ Nov 16 2012, 12:42 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025152"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Nice game! And thanks for posting it!

Would you mind telling me what software did you use to record this? And what are your pc specs :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It was recorded while Streaming+recording to HDD using FFsplit, a freeware alternative to Xplit. I'm not really a fan as it does give me compression artifacts with fast moving stuff. Usually I record with DXtory, I'm not entirely sure if I can stream and record record with both programs running without FPS drops or HDD space, Dxtory eats up quite a bit of Gb's when streaming for a few hours, what I sometimes do :P

Specs:
    Intel i5 2500k @ 4.2Ghz
    16Gb DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
    HD5870 1Gb
    5Mbit upstream

FFsplit settings:
    Encoding preset veryfast
    2000kbps
    1600x900 resized to 1280x720 (720p)
    128kbps stereo audio
  • lastchaplainlastchaplain Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166953Members
    What are you using for your crosshairs? I like how small they are.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2025183:date=Nov 16 2012, 01:15 AM:name=lastchaplain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lastchaplain @ Nov 16 2012, 01:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025183"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What are you using for your crosshairs? I like how small they are.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    The ones I use right now are my <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104478093" target="_blank">#2 Crosshair mod</a> on Workshop

The other mods I'm using are my nostalgia aliens and black armoured gloves (created for black armoured peeps :P)
    Thanks a lot Kouji!

So FFSplit doesn't use as much HDD as dxtory?

I tried dxtory once but for some reason it wouldn't record in-game sounds :(

I guess I need more RAM? Maybe that'll speed up my preaching time (4gb at the moment (old pc)).
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    edited November 2012
    Lol nice drifter attack

hmmmm where the hell did that onos go?........ Oh cr*p!

and wow can you shoot that pistol quickly lol
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    Uhhhhh that was just painful to watch. They let you hold on to nano for so long, 1 simple gorge from the vents above nano should have taken it at about the 15 min mark.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025651:date=Nov 16 2012, 01:08 PM:name=Know pain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Know pain @ Nov 16 2012, 01:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025651"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Uhhhhh that was just painful to watch. They let you hold on to nano for so long, 1 simple gorge from the vents above nano should have taken it at about the 15 min mark.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    We were amazed nano was still there after all that time yeah, but that is what you get with two teams that are not taking decisive actions and just muck about mostly :P

@SupaDupaNoodle
    FFsplit is in the first place a streaming app that has the option to also record what you stream to the HDD. But it uses the same compression that you are using for streaming. "Good enough" for YouTube, but DXtory is simply much crisper (close to lossless) and I compress that to 5000kbps h264 instead of the 2000kbps I use for FFsplit, that and the encoding setting themselves are more blocky as well (FFsplit superfast)

In terms of filesize

DXtory low quality (which is very high actally :P) 45min = ~70Gb
    FFsplit using the settings above 90min = ~1.5Gb

Both depending on the action on screen of course, but those are the general sizes, so yeah streaming eats up a lot of HDD if you stream for a few hours with DXtory, that is my main issue with it as my 1Tb HDD only has 180Gb free currently :P
    Thanks a lot Kouji!