Wont play till Aliens are Fixed

g0dAr1esg0dAr1es Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171558Members
edited November 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
First post and of course it has to be a ###### thread. Any who........

I haven't played the game for long (25-30 hours) but I extremely enjoyed it. I found both teams fun to play and very enjoyable, win or lose.

However,

With the huge buffs for aliens, I find myself utterly hating the game at the current state. Marines are 0 fun to play because of the recent buffs. I know its about "o well wait and see and it will work itself out sort of thing". No, the buffs are so incredible that I ask myself who the hell does the balancing. Even after a week or so you will still see a dramatic w/l ratio in favor of the aliens. I usually am decent with both races. However with aliens its so EASY to have literally 0 deaths the whole game. How is that fair at all? I played many games with the patch and find playing both races is incredibly lame. Marines its to frustrating because you literally cant kill ###### with the stupid regen buff (just to name one). And aliens you dont even have to try to win.

I really like this game, I just so frustrated with how incredibly 1 sided it really is. + you dont even post the balance notes as stated in previous threads. Its all good to post ninja buffs/nerfs just to see if people even see the change so they wont complain. But 0 balance notes is stupid.

My suggestion? Take the balance back to where it was (yes there are some problems but at least its playable and enjoyable) and re-try.

All the bug fixes are great dont get me wrong I have noticed them. Although I didnt have many problems, there where some that where fixed this patch. However I would rather have the bugs back rather than getting extremely frustrated because how incredibly overpowering the changes are.

/rant

Comments

• KopikatKopikat Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158170Members
    What buffs did they get? I see people mentioning it (Like Regen working in combat now), but I don't see 'em listed anywhere.
  • g0dAr1esg0dAr1es Join Date: 2012-11-15 Member: 171558Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2025163:date=Nov 15 2012, 05:50 PM:name=Kopikat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kopikat @ Nov 15 2012, 05:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025163"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What buffs did they get? I see people mentioning it (Like Regen working in combat now), but I don't see 'em listed anywhere.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I really like this game, I just so frustrated with how incredibly 1 sided it really is. <b><u>+ you dont even post the balance notes as stated in previous threads.</u></b> Its all good to post ninja buffs/nerfs just to see if people even see the change so they wont complain. But 0 balance notes is stupid.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    My guess is that the new players are starting to figure out how to play alien.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    Thats because there are fewer decent marine commanders at the moment. At least, thats the way it seems to me. Aliens die in just a few well aimed shots, especially if they use the regen upgrade.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    <u><b>g0dAr1es:</b></u>

I thought the buffs were great news. . .
    If they are too power <i>(as you say)</i> there is a good chance that higher Tier weapons on Marine might get a power boost
    <!--quoteo(post=2025170:date=Nov 15 2012, 05:56 PM:name=Bicsum)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bicsum @ Nov 15 2012, 05:56 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025170"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->My guess is that the new players are starting to figure out how to play alien.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

OR its just incredibility easy to play aliens
    <!--quoteo(post=2025175:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:04 PM:name=SpaceJew)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SpaceJew @ Nov 15 2012, 06:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025175"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thats because there are fewer decent marine commanders at the moment. At least, thats the way it seems to me. Aliens die in just a few well aimed shots, especially if they use the regen upgrade.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Have you played the patch yet? Its not about the commanders or well placed shoots. Its about how incredible the buffs are. Aliends dont even have to stay in the fight anymore, come in bite a few times, run away, stay out the fight for 2-3 seconds, repeat. Yeah you can still kill them with the shotgun, and upgrades. But you will never get that far because of the aliens have such a huge advantage the whole game.

<!--quoteo(post=2025176:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:04 PM:name=MaximumSquid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaximumSquid @ Nov 15 2012, 06:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025176"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><u><b>g0dAr1es:</b></u>

If they are too power <i>(as you say)</i> there is a good chance that higher Tier weapons on Marine might get a power boost<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Its not about this got a buff so buff this. My point I was trying to make was that the changes where so extreme and rushed (beta for 2 days on steam? Really?) that it is 0 fun to play.
  • extolloextollo Ping Blip Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72457Members
    buffs were described pretty well in informal notes in one of the 229 threads.
    the main ones from memory ....
    crag heal - which now accounts for the lifeforms max health when determining the heal rate - instead of being fixed at 10 per heal tick, it can be up to 60 for high health entities.
    regen works 'in combat' but at a 20% rate
  • NathariemNathariem Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168619Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2025177:date=Nov 15 2012, 05:05 PM:name=g0dAr1es)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g0dAr1es @ Nov 15 2012, 05:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025177"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->OR its just incredibility easy to play aliens<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's pretty clear that you're the best NS 2 player out there. Please enlighten us on how we can keep those little doggies from biting your ankles and ruining your KDR.
    <!--quoteo(post=2025182:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:13 PM:name=extollo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (extollo @ Nov 15 2012, 06:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025182"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->buffs were described pretty well in informal notes in one of the 229 threads.
    crag heal - which now accounts for the lifeforms max health when determining the heal rate - instead of being fixed at 10 per heal tick, it can be up to 60 for high health entities.
    regen works 'in combat' but at a 20% rate<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

O yeah? I never said I didnt find some of the patch notes. But why the hell do I have to search the forums (and I mean search) to find something that should be on the main page? And thats not even the reason I'm pissed. I pissed because of the buffs are not subtle or something you need to adapt a new strat to and you will be good.
    <!--quoteo(post=2025191:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:22 PM:name=Nathariem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nathariem @ Nov 15 2012, 06:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025191"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's pretty clear that you're the best NS 2 player out there. Please enlighten us on how we can keep those little doggies from biting your ankles and ruining your KDR.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Never stated I was. Let me re-phrase.

OR its incredibility easier to play aliens.
  • KopikatKopikat Join Date: 2012-09-06 Member: 158170Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2025160:date=Nov 15 2012, 05:47 PM:name=g0dAr1es)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g0dAr1es @ Nov 15 2012, 05:47 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025160"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Quoting things<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Missed the point.

I asked what buffs they got, since people are mentioning them despite there being no notes. You, for instance, are complaining that they're so varied and noticeable that it's ruining the game. So I asked what buffs they got, because surely if they're that gamebreaking, you could name them.
  • lastchaplainlastchaplain Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166953Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2025176:date=Nov 15 2012, 05:04 PM:name=MaximumSquid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MaximumSquid @ Nov 15 2012, 05:04 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025176"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><u><b>g0dAr1es:</b></u>

If they are too power <i>(as you say)</i> there is a good chance that higher Tier weapons on Marine might get a power boost<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well the issue with the buffs is that they increased the mid-game effectiveness for aliens (which is good). Most would agree this was needed, as 228 alien mid-game was weak (leading to the fast-Onos problem). However, UWE did this adjustment without lowering the power of the Onos in the slightest. When the Onos emerges Marines are pretty much SOL. What really needs to happen is that Marines need an efficient and timely answer to the Onos.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025198:date=Nov 15 2012, 05:33 PM:name=g0dAr1es)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (g0dAr1es @ Nov 15 2012, 05:33 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025198"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Never stated I was. Let me re-phrase.

OR its incredibility easier to play aliens.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Again, you're making broad-brush assumptions about the skill set required to pilot an alien life form to its peak potential. These types of attitudes do not foster proper balancing in a game.
    <!--quoteo(post=2025201:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:36 PM:name=lastchaplain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lastchaplain @ Nov 15 2012, 06:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025201"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well the issue with the buffs is that they increased the mid-game effectiveness for aliens (which is good). Most would agree this was needed, as 228 alien mid-game was weak (leading to the fast-Onos problem). However, UWE did this adjustment without lowering the power of the Onos in the slightest. When the Onos emerges Marines are pretty much SOL. What really needs to happen is that Marines need an efficient and timely answer to the Onos.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This. Plus in my eyes they buffed regen to a point where the question comes to my mind on why even bother with getting cara
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    There are definitely some problems that slipped into 229 on the alien side. We're about to start testing some fixes now so we can get a build out to you shortly. Sorry!
  • AfterhoursAfterhours Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159869Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2025191:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:22 PM:name=Nathariem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nathariem @ Nov 15 2012, 06:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025191"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It's pretty clear that you're the best NS 2 player out there. Please enlighten us on how we can keep those little doggies from biting your ankles and ruining your KDR.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

######- Thank you!

QQ more OP. Go back to the grinding stone. You got some leveling up to do vs the Kha.
  • SehzadeSehzade Join Date: 2010-12-29 Member: 76024Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025182:date=Nov 16 2012, 02:13 AM:name=extollo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (extollo @ Nov 16 2012, 02:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025182"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->buffs were described pretty well in informal notes in one of the 229 threads.
    regen works 'in combat' but at a 20% rate<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    whips slap grenades back when immature and in the broad direction of the marine
    camoflage is now 100% invisibility when moving (like in NS1)

camo + regen and leap is just incredible to play with.
    I joined a server late (6min into the game). and was only playing skulk to the end. I did more dmg, kills, assists than everybody else (we had oni, lerks and fades on teh field, too)
    kdr was like 4:1
    As skulk only that's impressive
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025201:date=Nov 15 2012, 05:36 PM:name=lastchaplain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lastchaplain @ Nov 15 2012, 05:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025201"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Well the issue with the buffs is that they increased the mid-game effectiveness for aliens (which is good). Most would agree this was needed, as 228 alien mid-game was weak (leading to the fast-Onos problem). However, UWE did this adjustment without lowering the power of the Onos in the slightest. When the Onos emerges Marines are pretty much SOL. What really needs to happen is that Marines need an efficient and timely answer to the Onos.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've honestly not seen much of a difference in my teams ability to fight Aliens. Marines have several different avenues they can go in tech to end a game. A lot of game winners for me, have been to have 2 Jetpacker GLs + 2 Shotguns (Total of 4 Jetpacks) Roam the map and destroy expansions, while your other 6 go and Exo push their main base. Won 4 games as Marines doing that on different servers.

Now, I'm not justifying the power of an Onos. They definitely need to be dealt with, but so do the other lifeforms. I'm in agreement here that Crags seem a little over the top at the moment, but that's no reason to shut down and not try to find a way to win. Some of the most fun you'll ever have in this game will be when you find something that works, in an environment that isn't favorable to you.

EDIT: Obviously, each game calls for different strategies. I'm not saying what I did in my games are an end all or will even work for you. But it's fun to see what you can do as a team to overcome the odds.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited November 2012
    <a href="http://ns2stats.org/" target="_blank">http://ns2stats.org/</a> shows aliens win 60% of build 229 rounds (over 500 rounds sampled). Up 8% from the last build.

Taking into account Charlie's admission of 'problems' I'd say OP has a right to moan.

<!--quoteo(post=2025213:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:49 PM:name=Afterhours)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Afterhours @ Nov 15 2012, 06:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025213"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->######- Thank you!

QQ more OP. Go back to the grinding stone. You got some leveling up to do vs the Kha.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I am not sure what these statements even mean. As stated never said I was the best. And I said aliens have huge buffs, so if they got huge buffs, how I would I enlighten you on how to keep the "little doggies" from bitting you? I never said they are unkillable (you are to focused on the one buff that I mention, I am talking about aliens as a whole)

I stated it was a QQ thread at the beginning. So yeah I was a little peved when I wrote it. I usually dont complain so drastically but just one of those days I guess.

As for KDR? I dont care about it nor did I mention it anywhere, feel free to look at my stats if you can. They may be 1:1 or even 2:1. Now with aliens how they are it might be 6:1 but thats besides the point
    <!--quoteo(post=2025233:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:00 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Nov 15 2012, 06:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025233"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><a href="http://ns2stats.org/" target="_blank">http://ns2stats.org/</a> shows aliens win 60% of build 229 rounds (over 500 rounds sampled). Up 8% from the last build.

Taking into account Charlie's admission of 'problems' I'd say OP has a right to moan.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Or the Marines haven't had a chance to adapt new strategies. Moaning is one thing, but just saying "Put everything back to the way it was." is a huge slap to the development team. They spend quite a bit of time working on this game. If anything, he should be offering suggestions. Otherwise, this whole thread does nothing to help the community as a whole, other than instigate more complaints.

Nothing is more irritating than having someone criticize your work, but provide little to no ideas on how to improve it.

Charlie's admission of "problems" was that the balance notes were omitted from the patch notes. Unless I missed something.
  • unkindunkind Join Date: 2012-02-04 Member: 143563Members
    It's all a step in the right direction, building a crag or getting regen should be around as effective as getting a shotgun or building an armory, in 228 they were S H I T. They need to be useful. Slightly nerf them, don't make them garbage again. orz
  • lastchaplainlastchaplain Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166953Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2025212:date=Nov 15 2012, 05:48 PM:name=Flayra)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flayra @ Nov 15 2012, 05:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025212"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There are definitely some problems that slipped into 229 on the alien side. We're about to start testing some fixes now so we can get a build out to you shortly. Sorry!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Will you be able to tell us if the fixes will be Marine or Alien oriented? A mixture of both or what not?
    I guess, I'm wondering if you are able to give us hints in what direction you'll be going?
    Also, thanks a bunch for this heads-up.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've honestly not seen much of a difference in my teams ability to fight Aliens. Marines have several different avenues they can go in tech to end a game. A lot of game winners for me, have been to have 2 Jetpacker GLs + 2 Shotguns (Total of 4 Jetpacks) Roam the map and destroy expansions, while your other 6 go and Exo push their main base. Won 4 games as Marines doing that on different servers.

Now, I'm not justifying the power of an Onos. They definitely need to be dealt with, but so do the other lifeforms. I'm in agreement here that Crags seem a little over the top at the moment, but that's no reason to shut down and not try to find a way to win. Some of the most fun you'll ever have in this game will be when you find something that works, in an environment that isn't favorable to you.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

See, I've experienced a much bigger difference. It's not that Marines can't fight back, it's that it's usually futile. Around the 10 minute mark, the Onos hit field and then it's just a matter of time. I had a few matches where a bunch of jet-pack marines came close to killing hives, but inevitably would be run off by Onos and friends. Out of curiosity, how long were your matches?

And it's not that I don't try to win, I always try. However, I can recognize futility when I see it. I've seen plenty of Marines demoralized in the last few days though, not everyone is as stubborn as I am.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025244:date=Nov 16 2012, 03:11 AM:name=Nathariem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nathariem @ Nov 16 2012, 03:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025244"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Charlie's admission of "problems" was that the balance notes were omitted from the patch notes. Unless I missed something.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yes you probably missed his post in this thread.

Charlie (forum username 'Flayra') wrote in this thread: <b> 'There are definitely some problems that slipped into 229 on the alien side. We're about to start testing some fixes now so we can get a build out to you shortly. Sorry!'</b>
    <!--quoteo(post=2025249:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:16 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Nov 15 2012, 06:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025249"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yes you probably missed his post in this thread.

Charlie (forum username 'Flayra') wrote in this thread: <b> 'There are definitely some problems that slipped into 229 on the alien side. We're about to start testing some fixes now so we can get a build out to you shortly. Sorry!'</b><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Ah. I was reading another thread at the same time, where they merely mentioned the omission. My mistake!
    <!--quoteo(post=2025248:date=Nov 15 2012, 06:16 PM:name=lastchaplain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lastchaplain @ Nov 15 2012, 06:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025248"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Will you be able to tell us if the fixes will be Marine or Alien oriented? A mixture of both or what not?
    I guess, I'm wondering if you are able to give us hints in what direction you'll be going?
    Also, thanks a bunch for this heads-up.

See, I've experienced a much bigger difference. It's not that Marines can't fight back, it's that it's usually futile. Around the 10 minute mark, the Onos hit field and then it's just a matter of time. I had a few matches where a bunch of jet-pack marines came close to killing hives, but inevitably would be run off by Onos and friends. Out of curiosity, how long were your matches?

And it's not that I don't try to win, I always try. However, I can recognize futility when I see it. I've seen plenty of Marines demoralized in the last few days though, not everyone is as stubborn as I am.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I want to say they were around the 15-25 minute mark. But I have to concede that they were getting really close with the overwhelming amount of power the Onos gave them. Anything after those times, we most assuredly got smacked around.

I think I might be in the stubborn boat. I want to win, and feel compelled to always try and implement something new each game if possible. When you try your best, even when you lose, at least you know you tried instead of quitting. As stated before, I definitely see Onos as too much. I miss the diversity of an end game setup with Fades (Acid Rocket), Lerk (Umbra), and Onos. Instead of the current Onos rush. I want balance as much as the next guy, but throwing all these threads up (without suggestions) just discourages everyone including the developers.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2025244:date=Nov 15 2012, 07:11 PM:name=Nathariem)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nathariem @ Nov 15 2012, 07:11 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2025244"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Or the Marines haven't had a chance to adapt new strategies. Moaning is one thing, but just saying "Put everything back to the way it was." is a huge slap to the development team. They spend quite a bit of time working on this game. If anything, he should be offering suggestions. Otherwise, this whole thread does nothing to help the community as a whole, other than instigate more complaints.

Nothing is more irritating than having someone criticize your work, but provide little to no ideas on how to improve it.

Charlie's admission of "problems" was that the balance notes were omitted from the patch notes. Unless I missed something.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That statement was simply meant for one thing. I had extremely more fun with the last patch then this one. Yes there where some issues that needed to be looked at. But as stated its extremely demoralizing to play marines. And in my own opinion not fun to play aliens because how easy it is. I like a challenge, and I though last patch both side gave challenges. If you look at the stats before and after, last patch win % was almost nearly 50/50. Now it really favors the aliens. I would love to offer suggestions, however I feel that I do not have enough experience and understanding to do so. Plus how could you when the beta for the patch was out for less than 2 days.

Btw, in many other games that I understand incredibly more I do offer suggestions. Number crunching the whole 9 yards.

Also, I may have came off hard. But realize I did not just post that the whole patch was dog ######. I recognized the progress in some areas. Every forum gets a thread like mine, this doesnt mean I hate the game. I just cannot have any fun playing it at its current form. If it stays like this then I guess I wont play (however it was mentioned that things are getting looked at). As a comparison I though the same as Diablo 3. I loved and spent hours playing and do not regret doing so. But after many things happing it became less enjoyable. So I dont play it anymore.

Also this is not directed this company itself, just as a general business statement. It really doesnt matter how long or how hard or how much money it took to create. If it sucks and your consumers do not like it, they will not think "O well they worked really hard, so I will continue to support them." No they will find a different product to fit their needs.

I have read up on the story of unknownworlds, I understand and respect them to the fullest in what they are trying to create and do. Being in the gaming industry is tough, being successful is an even greater challenge. I did not ask to move worlds and fix the patch now and that they are complete crap. No, I just reported my frustration to the point that I cannot enjoy the game at its current forum. I did question the "balance team" and that may have been a less hearty topic. However, considering that to test the patch for less than 2 days is not nearly enough time to fix or balance anything. This world is full of free labor, no longer do you have to rely on huge balancing teams. Just create betas and collect feedback from people willing to give the thoughts on their products. Not all ideas are great, but you will see patterns that lead to better balancing.
  • xposed-xposed- Join Date: 2007-09-23 Member: 62412Members, Constellation
    This same thing was going on back at the start of NS1. People expected aliens to play as marines, when they don't.

My honest opinion, just get better.
  • SpaceJewSpaceJew Join Date: 2012-09-03 Member: 157584Members
    edited November 2012
    Yes, lets send crags back to the way they were. You know, when almost no one bothered to even build them until you started to siege the final Marines turtle.

Yes, lets put regeneration back to where it was. You know, when no one used it at all because Carapace was simply <i>so much better</i>.

Yes, lets leave the Armory in the game as-is. You know, the one that you can build walls that heal both health and armor?

Not that Carapace isn't still far better for most higher life forms, mind you. At least Fades and Lerks have an alternative now, while Gorges and Onos are still mini-tanks with Carapace.

Because Marines should be able to down an Onos while it's standing on three heal stations. You know, the same Onos that has zero ranged attacks.

After all, it isn't like the aliens need to spend 3 T.Res per crag every 8 seconds. <i>That would be broken.</i>

(Just came across Flayra saying it's going to be reverted. Oh well, back to regen being left out until end-game by this commander.)

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=124595" target="_blank">Link Here.</a>