Russian popular game portal-magazine reviewed NS2

terrorizerterrorizer Join Date: 2009-08-05 Member: 68359Members
<a href="http://www.igromania.ru/articles/197414/Natural_Selection_2.htm" target="_blank">http://www.igromania.ru/articles/197414/Na...Selection_2.htm</a>
<a href="http://translate.google.ru/translate?hl=ru&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.igromania.ru%2Farticles%2F197414%2FNatural_Selection_2.htm" target="_blank">http://translate.google.ru/translate?hl=ru...Selection_2.htm</a>

<b>Overall score.
8.0/10</b>

I just want to share it with you.
I have no relationship with igromania.ru, but im just glad that this game was actually reviewed and reviewed positive. It is good for community growth.

Comments

• HeymanHeyman Join Date: 2005-03-29 Member: 46895Members
    edited November 2012
    The game formula tidbit is pretty funny.

And the Alien/Prometheus pics for Pros/Cons was just gold.
  • elpollo12elpollo12 Join Date: 2011-07-12 Member: 109909Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    google translator always makes my day
  • sheena_yanaisheena_yanai Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11426Members
    omg.. i had heavy weapon guys voice in my head reading that...
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->game can eat hi-end-system is not choking and still slow down.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
  • terrorizerterrorizer Join Date: 2009-08-05 Member: 68359Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2024383:date=Nov 15 2012, 10:39 AM:name=elpollo12)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (elpollo12 @ Nov 15 2012, 10:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2024383"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->google translator always makes my day<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I have read page that google translated to english and agree. )))
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The plot of the Natural Selection 2 is very simple: cool space marines faced with an alien race kharaa and their coolness immediately got questioned. The confrontation of the great apes and reasonable biomass like aliens or Zerg in Starcraft 2 has resulted in a team of people and battle aliens in the dusty paths of far planets. Rather, within the database and there the mines.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Duel of two types is often reduced to whimsical carousel. Rolling pin is worn around a person, the person wobbles around the rolling pin. One tries to bite the other - shoot. Cycle theoretically infinite, if opponents are equally skillful. In fact, who is sharper, he is alive. Well, or at least someone ping. And the computer later.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sounds like natural selection to me - the sharper one survives.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Standard rifle - the weapon ineffective, and all get rid of it as soon as possible.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I never liked the assault rifle from NS1, but the NS2 rifle is good from start to end mostly due to its effectiveness over range, and how deadly focus fire scales up with weapons level. It obviously doesn't pack the raw killing power per shot as a shotgun, but it IS free and it hurts like hell on level 3.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->3/10 How to get to the library?
    The first thing you do in Natural Selection 2 - get lost. The gray room with concrete walls, among the endless, like looping corridors of grids and water pipes. Without a pint and maps to find the way to the base or outpost can only psychic or hardened veteran, who has not yet crystallized out from the crowd of players.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

3/10 is a harsh score for something that as intentional - maps SHOULD look the part, inspired from the Weyland-Yutani facility on LV-426 with exposed piping, metal plated walls and floors, water pipes, catwalks, etc. Also, who wants to play on a map that only has 4 rooms all connected by corridors, and is super easy to learn? Map complexity contributes to interesting matches and the need for strategic thinking (to a certain point).
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro--><i>Ah google translate, you crack me up. E for Effort.</i>

From what I could make out of the review (while reading it in a sexy russian accent), it seemed pretty positive. They noted it is somewhat a niche game, but its uniqueness is refreshing. And at the bottom of the page they have an editorial comment I think? I get the impression it was about marine commanders sitting in the CC when the game is over, which can be annoying. Jump out and take it like a man, coward!<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • TyphonTyphon Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1899Members
    I want to wear rolling pins.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    edited November 2012
    To be honest I think 8 out of 10 is a fair score for NS2. I love the game, but it has flaws and missing features. Hopefully when feature complete in a year or so, it will be a polished 9+.

Edit: lol I love google translate sometimes...
  • SopsSops Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17894Members, Constellation
    The reviewer seems to think the game is on the source engine.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    "Pleased: headaches commander and military ardor private."

"Upset: monotonous registration cards."

Thank you google for the chuckle. XD
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    edited November 2012
    Yeah google translate For The Whimsy and Lols.