The mini-map layout.

FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Are the faux-entrances going to have a role?</div>I know door welding is planned, and not sure if it's related; will the big cargo doors and other entrances shown on the mini-map have a role tied to maybe the marines' power node, or, will it simply remain part of the static map design?

My curiosity mainly stems from the annoying way the map displays them, like they're connected to the rest of the map.

Comments

• ThelionheartThelionheart Join Date: 2012-11-10 Member: 169317Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2022818:date=Nov 13 2012, 08:31 PM:name=Fappuchino)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fappuchino @ Nov 13 2012, 08:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2022818"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I know door welding is planned, and not sure if it's related; will the big cargo doors and other entrances shown on the mini-map have a role tied to maybe the marines' power node, or, will it simply remain part of the static map design?

My curiosity mainly stems from the annoying way the map displays them, like they're connected to the rest of the map.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is actually one of my major complaints about the moment to moment gameplay of NS2. Some entranceways according to the map aren't even real entrances. Some vents aren't colored as beings vents, etc. Tram is the worst when it comes to this if I remember correctly.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Mineshaft is by far the worst; and no, I don't think there's any plans for them at the moment - the mappers just need to update and work on their minimaps a little bit more. It'll happen eventually, someday.
  • SootySooty Join Date: 2002-12-23 Member: 11416Members
    Elevator Transfer is one of the worst offending rooms.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I think ele.transfer is actually fine, lol. Just look at mineshaft around the crushing machine area where the map is clear on the minimap but in reality has two gates. Had me scratching my head quite a few times when I first started playing the game.

Also, that vent around pilot drill... just wat.
  • White_HawkeWhite_Hawke Join Date: 2002-11-27 Member: 10095Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    This has been one of the biggest complaints many of my friends have voiced when playing the game for the first time. This issue really needs to be addressed, especially since it seems so easy to fix.
  • FappuchinoFappuchino Join Date: 2012-10-10 Member: 162008Members
    edited November 2012
    *Shameless bump.

I know this isn't a big a problem as some of the issues, but from an accessibility point of view (no pun), it's really annoying for new and even relatively experienced players.
    I mean seriously, the maps are just very bad a this point. It's not intuitive; being forced to memorize the design isn't a passable excuse. I wasted precious time in one of the maps a couple of games ago when I kept thinking the map was highlighting a vent entrance. It was in fact, a closed vent, right on top of the open entrance displayed on the map.
  • ReynoldsReynolds Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167358Members
    Oh is this subject in another thread. Be careful the moderators have the worst case of close thread sindrome i have ever seen.Its really starting to get annoying.
  • Captain VentrisCaptain Ventris Join Date: 2012-09-27 Member: 160871Members
    Well of course they're going to close duplicates. If there is already a thread for it, there's no reason not to. Look before you post, it's that simple. They ain't crazy.