-MOD in command line vs MapCycle.json

0xDECAFBAD0xDECAFBAD Join Date: 2012-11-13 Member: 170467Members
When you are installing mods on the server, do you have to put the mod id in the command line and MapCycle.json file? Do you put it in MapCycle.json only of it is a custom map mod? If you put it in both do I have to put it after every map in the json file? This isn't very clear at all. Someone fix the wiki.

Comments

• VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    In the mapcycle file, you should only configure per-map specific mods for each map, such at custom maps and custom map dependent mods(e.g. combat).

The two executable start parameters -mods -map works as follows:
    <i>-mods "id1 id2 id3"</i> specifies mods on the server to be active all the time
    <i>-map "ns2_summit"</i> or <i>-map "id1"</i> specifies the map to load, alternatively the custom map (workshop ID) to load.

I haven't tried this but it might be possible to add a non-custom map mod globally for all maps by specifying a global list of "mods": [ "id1 id2" ]. I don't know if mods are/can be overlaid or overridden.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    afaik, only custom maps needs to also go into the mapcycle.json file. The easiest way to do this to ensure no screw ups is to use the webadmin to setup the mapcycle, rather than fiddling with the json directly.