Teams win without winning

scrambler400xscrambler400x Join Date: 2006-11-20 Member: 58671Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Marines winning without killing hives</div>Hi guys!

I just want to say that i have been with you since NS1 (and have a cool custom modded server i put up sometimes) and since alpha, and have purchased 3 copies of ns2 one of which grants me the black armor (very sweet!)

I have the following issue on my dedicated server i was hoping you could help with;

For some reason on our clan community server sometimes the rounds end prematurely; it shows a team win without winning; for example

the marines win without killing the hives or all the aliens ( and everyone is like wth? )
same with the aliens

something is triggering the end of the round unexpectedly

FYI this is a stock (vanilla) server with NO mods or custom maps

steps i have taken:
I have actually DELETED the entire server and re-downloaded through steam, and put my admin file and map file back in and re-validated
I am not getting any errors in the console that are not expected

same issue.....

also, for admins; how do we access the in-game admin system? I did work out the web GUI but that doesn't help me in-game; it looks like my admins file is working but i am unsure how to activate any kind of in-game menu system.

The other thing i wanted to ask was if the mod functionality between steam workshop and the web interface working now? i tried it on the dedicated box prior to a complete reinstall of ns2 and did not get anything to work, in fact it broke my ability to connect to my server (invalid data)

SERVER SPECS
Dell Poweredge 2850 with dual intel xeon dual core 3.2ghz (4 cpu)
8gb ddr2 ecc ram
raid 10 OS array, raid 5 storage array (perc 4di raid controller, back-plane, hot-swap)
windows server 2008 r2 64-bit
turbo cable internet connection (25mb/5mb) with a sonicwall tz190 firewall and gigabit switch

The sever consumes about 1.5 to 2 gb memory usage on this box, but it is the only thing running besides active directory, so that's fine
I also put the server.exe process into real-time priority mode and it helps my performance indicators go up to 97%

I am hoping you guys fix ns2 to use multi-cores soon, it should make our server run much better off real servers VS over-clocked single cpu boxes

thanks guys, i really appreciate all your hard work!

TrailDoGG|ZSC|

Comments

• MiniH0wieMiniH0wie Join Date: 2007-11-25 Member: 63013Members
    How many players were left on team that "lost" when the round ended?

They built in a feature that if enough people on one team leave (go to RR, or leave), that it's basically triggers a surrender for that team.
  • scrambler400xscrambler400x Join Date: 2006-11-20 Member: 58671Members
    i believe the last time it happened, it was 5 on 5, and one alien went RR
  • SlowLeftySlowLefty Join Date: 2011-02-13 Member: 81653Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would see if it's the unbalance going wrong first by disabling it in your serverconfig.

"end_round_on_team_unbalance": 0
    ahh perhaps that was the issue

here is my new serverconfig: (does this look correct now? it had 0.4 as the value prior to me changing it to just 0

{
    "settings": {
    "rookie_friendly": true,
    "end_round_on_team_unbalance": 0,
    "auto_team_balance": {
    "enabled_after_seconds": 10,
    "enabled_on_unbalance_amount": 2
    }
    },
    "tags": [ "rookie" ]
    }
    also can anyonw answer the following questions for me as well?

also, for admins; how do we access the in-game admin system? I did work out the web GUI but that doesn't help me in-game; it looks like my admins file is working but i am unsure how to activate any kind of in-game menu system.

The other thing i wanted to ask was if the mod functionality between steam workshop and the web interface working now? i tried it on the dedicated box prior to a complete reinstall of ns2 and did not get anything to work, in fact it broke my ability to connect to my server (invalid data)

I WILL TRY OUT THE FIX ABOVE FOR THE UNBALANCE ISSUE TONIGHT AND REPORT BACK IF IT FIXES IT, DOES MY SERVERCONFIG LOOK GOOD NOW? (SEE ABOVE)
    this fix for the rounds ending early seems to have corrected the issue! thanks!

any other answers for the misc stuff?

"also, for admins; how do we access the in-game admin system? I did work out the web GUI but that doesn't help me in-game; it looks like my admins file is working but i am unsure how to activate any kind of in-game menu system.

The other thing i wanted to ask was if the mod functionality between steam workshop and the web interface working now? i tried it on the dedicated box prior to a complete reinstall of ns2 and did not get anything to work, in fact it broke my ability to connect to my server (invalid data)"
  • SlowLeftySlowLefty Join Date: 2011-02-13 Member: 81653Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Are you sure there is an admin GUI? I thought everything had to be done using console commands.
  • itspreachitspreach Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164638Members
    type sv_help in the console as an admin to see a list of your available commands.