Creating a program to interact with server for server admins!

JackallJackall Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168853Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Windows Only Though</div><!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->I am a programmer in C# and I've figured out how to interact with the server the same way that ns2web does using json.

Anyhow, for now, this is what I plan on it doing doing:

1. send messages to the server from a list, regularly, that the admins want it to see.
2. Be able to run rcon commands
3. List players, etc

I should be able to do everything that ns2web does plus more.

I plan on it doing alot more but I am not sure what it needs...

Maybe in the future handle:

1. Voting: new maps . kicking players, whatever
2. Recording regular players in a database and their stats while on the server *** this one might be interesting

Mainly for sending messages to the server. I really can't think of more that it should do.

The good thing about this, it will keep your server white listed and you won't have to worry about

<b>If you have any input as to what this program could do, I'm listening.</b>

Jackall <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Comments

• suttysutty Join Date: 2010-08-01 Member: 73403Members
    For it to be able to send messages to IRC based on an in-game command like !admin would be fantastic :)
  • DetaineePyramidDetaineePyramid Join Date: 2012-11-10 Member: 169160Members
    Reserved slots? :D Also, is there another source to learn how to edit the .jsons other than the wiki from NS forum?
  • JackallJackall Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168853Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2018769:date=Nov 10 2012, 03:53 PM:name=sutty)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sutty @ Nov 10 2012, 03:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2018769"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->For it to be able to send messages to IRC based on an in-game command like !admin would be fantastic :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've seen this before a while back. Do you have any examples?
  • naryumnaryum Join Date: 2012-11-12 Member: 169799Members
    Since you have such a great idea i'd say...

- Slots reservation
    - Admin messages (Auto welcome message when connecting?)

Annnd... that's pretty much it ... Having a prog. To interact with the serv would be really great, I'm really looking forward for that :)