any unofficial playable maps?

LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
<div class="IPBDescription">yes we are looking for. even if it is not balanced.</div>we are basically tired with the 6 maps provided officially and we are looking for new maps to play. yet i do not have time, as i have a job, to filter out maps that are unplayable, like with a unfinished floor where you could fall. i am looking someone in the forums to suggest some playable maps to do with? un-serious maps like mario, "the map that is a skycraper where aliens throw ocs down to marine base" would also do..

i tried to load a bunch of maps on steam workshop today. some loaded. some didnt. but most come up with error messages like "invalid file" or "no such file". did i do something wrong?

Comments

• Shr3dShr3d Join Date: 2006-11-02 Member: 58265Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Probably, I doubt all the mappers made mistakes. Either that or something changed between those maps being made and release.
    Give the game a month and you will start to see some really high quality maps either coming out or entering beta stage. At that point, I have a strong feeling Spark will become widely used, like hammer.
  • TwixitTwixit Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167120Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2020621:date=Nov 12 2012, 12:06 PM:name=Shr3d)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Shr3d @ Nov 12 2012, 12:06 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020621"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Probably, I doubt all the mappers made mistakes. Either that or something changed between those maps being made and release.
    Give the game a month and you will start to see some really high quality maps either coming out or entering beta stage. At that point, I have a strong feeling Spark will become widely used, like hammer.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Like Shr3d said,

wait and keep calm. There will be such amazing maps coming up soon but I would doubt that this will happen in a month as I know how long it takes to bring up some serious stuff.

But at the end the waiting will be honored with lots of fun on new maps! :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    Triad seems finished apart from some minor layout issues and maybe some performance stuff... Added it to <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Ns2_sample" target="_blank">ns2_sample on the NS2 wiki</a> as well
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    ns2_jambi [i.e. the commnity map] is probably 3-4 weeks away from being ready as a beta at least anyway.
  • alibialibi Join Date: 2009-11-20 Member: 69445Members
    Jambi, Triad? Tool Army represent! haha.
  • minos_minos_ Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165722Members
    ns2_turtle is an excellent map. About as polished as anything that shipped with the game.
  • LofungLofung Join Date: 2004-08-21 Member: 30757Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2020925:date=Nov 13 2012, 12:39 AM:name=Kouji_San)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Kouji_San @ Nov 13 2012, 12:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2020925"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Triad seems finished apart from some minor layout issues and maybe some performance stuff... Added it to <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Ns2_sample" target="_blank">ns2_sample on the NS2 wiki</a> as well<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    thanks. i didnt remember if i was trying out triad last weekend but it is exactly the map with a hole in the middle of the room. but nvm, i will try it again the coming weekend.

and thanks everyone.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    ns2_turtle - <3 play this map <3
    ns2_triad - early(maybe mid) beta project. There's been a few games on it, and though nothing is broken. It's quite a messy (but good) map.
    ns2_icarus - ran through this a few days ago, seems like a very interesting and fun map.
    ns2_eclipse - ns1 remake, still grayboxed at most areas. very playable, and very good.
    ns2_tanith - ns1 remake, has some issues with beaconing or placing an obs in marine start (i don't remember) also you can get stuck in certain vents.