Make "Sound" level independant of voices and music

SacapucesSacapuces Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78453Members
Hi,

For now, we have 3 bar to set volume in the sound menu:
1 for voices
1 for musics
1 for sounds

The problem is that "sounds" doesn't mean "sfx and other sounds", but "all sounds"
So even with the "voice" at 100%, i still have a hard time understanding someone who is speaking on the mic over the sound of everything else.
I'm not the only one, i don't know why some aren't bother by that but me and my friends feel that voices are way to low.

TLDR: rename the current "sounds" bar to "main volume" and add another bar to tune only sounds up or down

Comments

• TheRedRagerTheRedRager Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166227Members
    Big agree, I wanted to turn down the sfx and raise voice so I can communicate better with my team, but as it turns out. I cant.

This is really quite basic and almost every game has it, dont know why its not in NS2
  • WezlehWezleh Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166345Members
    I agree with this.
    There needs to be an audio change,
    I've got issues hearing my team mates while playing.
    Simply because the genuine game volume (guns, environment, walking, etc) is too loud compared to the voice volume.

This really needs to be sorted :(
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    Even with Voice level at maximum I still can't hear people well enough.
  • SacapucesSacapuces Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78453Members
    UP !
    can we have a response from the team on this? Are you considering it?
  • PyknPykn Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165834Members
    Would love to see this put in.

For the most part I can hear people just fine, however when I'm in a dual mini-gun exo, it is <b>impossible</b> to hear what anyone is saying.
  • SacapucesSacapuces Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78453Members
    up ?
    any news about that?
  • EmooEmoo Ibasa Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11198Members
    +1, mixers for sound, music and voice would be useful.

<!--quoteo(post=2008324:date=Nov 3 2012, 05:08 PM:name=Sacapuces)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sacapuces @ Nov 3 2012, 05:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2008324"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->TLDR: rename the current "sounds" bar to "main volume" and add another bar to tune only sounds up or down<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Would be nice to call it master volume and tie it to the windows volume for the NS2 program (what you see in the sound mixer).