Ideas to replace Feign Death / Hypermutation

MistenTHMistenTH Join Date: 2003-01-01 Member: 11706Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Brainstorm ideas for the devs</div>Genetic memory -> Dying with this upgrade refunds you 33% of lifeform cost upon death.

Rabid -> Any marine you attack is infected with a parasite. Parasite becomes permanent and can only be removed by an advanced armoury.

Rapid Response -> Dying with this upgrade active allows you to respawn within 5 seconds with your own egg, independent of the spawn wave timer.

Comments

• AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    2 upgrades that involve dying.
    do not liek.
  • perkyperky Join Date: 2012-08-31 Member: 157042Members
    Hypermutation should be put back in, but I think devolving should be instant as well as evolving back to a previous lifeform. I.e. it takes time inside the egg to evolve to Onos but then it should be virtually instant to devolve to Gorge and virtually instant to evolve to Onos again (unless you've died).
  • SiminiSimini Join Date: 2012-09-28 Member: 160916Members
    Hypermutation needs to return.
  • IdlerayIdleray Join Date: 2012-10-04 Member: 161464Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've posted the first idea before as a scaled back version of NS1 redemption.

I'll just repeat the suggestion for FD and Regen synergy: make Regen activate during your FD window so that when you come back you get a nice chunk of health to make a proper getaway with.