Need more feedback with damages

Cobalt270Cobalt270 Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168795Members
I was playing a few minutes ago as an alien and a marine was shooting at me and I could barely notice it because there was almost no visual feedback and just no sound at all when bullets were hitting me so I just died without really knowing what was happening.
You guys really need to add some sounds on bullet hits and on general damage received.

Comments

• PyknPykn Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165834Members
    I think the only time I really have an issue with this is with sentries.

There's almost no feedback whatsoever. Half the time I don't even know I'm getting pegged by a sentry until I'm dead.

Although I wouldn't mind more feedback overall.
  • JeehaoJeehao Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168294Members
    edited November 2012
    Yea I do also think that they could improve damage feedback, Sometimes you die in 0.3 seconds and question yourself what the **** happend?? When I play skulk it feels like I get one shotted by a normal Rifle, it really do not feel like they shoot me 10 shots or whatever, I just die :P

I could see some damage meter in some place on the screen that show only show current damage that you take for 5-10 seconds until it disappears. it will just be text and no annoying frame that blocks your view.

The list could look like this:

10dmg..........
    13dmg.......
    29dmg.....
    6dmg....
    2dmg..
    50dmg.

The small dots would not shot in game but I just wanted to show how it could work, the first 10dmg have 10 dots and will show for 10 seconds while it fades away, The last 50dmg with one dot means that it has almost faded away already and will soon be gone from the list.

I could see something like this in the game options as a choosable option, maybe you can have one list for damage taken and one list for damage done, The both lists would fade away in some seconds so they would not really disturb players because they just show information about what is going on..