Getting people together!

b1.seb1.se Stockholm, Sweden Join Date: 2012-09-17 Member: 159734Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
<div class="IPBDescription">IRC/MOD idea</div>Hello everyone,

during NS1 competetive we used to have IRC channels up for finding either gathers/pickups or PCW/SCRIMS (names depended on Euros and Yanks).
This simplified alot of things. Finding matches, reaching anyone needed and finding new players.
I might be wrong here, but from the looks of it, people are now using steam chat or forums for this? Which I find as quite the hassle.

So, I was wondering if anyone had the knowledge or skillset to integrate this with the game?

There's currently some channels in the making or existing on IRC.QUAKETNET.ORG as follows:
(note: this is the EU scene and Q-net was used during NS1, so there is alot of players and channels still there.)

#ENSL - European Natural Selection League
#NS2.Search - Find SCRIM/PCW
#NS2.se - Swedish community in NS2
#NS2.pickup - Play in random teams with 6 players versus 6 in competetive matches for fun and to evolve/learn
(There's a guy called wltrs from NS1 that is currently establishing this channel for people to play in and there will be a "pickup" bot, with different commands,
where you can type .j for example, to join and play.)

I think this would be so much easier to get a new player evolved into the clanscene and into pickup matches for fun.
Not sure if this is entirely possible or if the devs need to have a hand in this, but it just seems to me that this would make things alot easier.
(I'm sure there's more channels, this is just the ones that crossed my mind)

Comments

• omaoma Join Date: 2003-06-04 Member: 17001Members
    edited November 2012
    #ns2.gather - hopefully there will be only one gather channel / there is actually a bot already working (there is a guy who is working to make it more suitable for ns2).. we are missing servers at the moment.. (btw talking if wltrs wanna takeover this channel as there are some regular users idling here)
    #ns2.fi - finnish ns2 irc channel with mumble server / gameserver
    #nsfi - old ns1 channel with oldies and the new ns2 players!