NS beginner mode

IgnuzIgnuz Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168434Members
edited November 2012 in New Player Forum
<div class="IPBDescription">Do it exist in NS2?</div>Hi
Is beginner mode available in NS2 in the form it was in NS1? I actually really liked the game at that mode where the RTS part mostly was gone, even when I realise it may very well be what is supposed to make NS different. Still the leveling by yourself while playing alliens was what I enjoyed the most in NS1 - I actually didnt even know it was a beginner mode until today where I tried to find the name of the gamemode to find out about its exsistence in NS2.
I just loved being responsible by myself to level and pick my very own way of playing without hurting the progress of my teammates.

Sorry if this question was asked before but couldn't find it with the search option.

If the gamemode is not currently in the game is there any information about it will come in a further patch?
<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Selection_(video_game)#Combat_game_mode" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_Selec...ombat_game_mode</a> (link to information about what I mean)

Comments

• Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    The combat mode is alive and well. It is a mod created by members of our team. To find the game you need to uncheck the filter modded box in the server browser, and look for servers listed with game combat, instead of ns2. UWE combined NS1 classic and combat modes into a single game and called it NS2. They left Combat mode to be created by the community.

Follow the links in my sig for further information :)
  • IgnuzIgnuz Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168434Members
    edited November 2012
    Oh I actually didn't buy the game yet seing I wanted to be sure that the gamemode which I loved in NS1 was there. The forum on modbeans from your sig was kind of empty besides it said it was released on steam workshop.
    If my expectation of the mod is that the gamemode at the same level as NS1 (a couple of maps as minimum, bug free, stabile, plenty of servers and players) just with upgraded graphic and new mechanics - will I then be satisfied ? : ) Sorry if it sounds harsh but seing its the main reason for buying the game it will need to be worth the money.

Thanks for the anwer btw