The GL Spam is still not fixed.

XaragothXaragoth Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154720Members
Seriously. Marine Bunkering with GLs, stalling a game for hours on end, killing lower lifeforms in one go and even making it hard for a Onos push.

We had this stuff a year ago and we still got it. Get a solution going already. For all I care make them blow up their team and Onos stomp Skulks or something. Just get rid of it.

Comments

• maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    edited November 2012
    If rines are turtling on one chair you have all the res on the map... Stop going in as fade/lerk/gorge/skulk 3 onos can kill the chair faster then the rines can kill 3 onos. Biggest problem with alien tactics aginst turtle is attacking structures that don't end the game. If you lose 3 onos killing the power an ip and 2 rines they can rebuild and it barley affected them...., if you lose 3 onos killing the chair it's instantly game over. I have seen 5 onos ignor 3 exos and 4 rines and kill the chair... 3-5 seconds later all 5 onos were dead but the game was win.

Conclusion aginst a turtle the only structure worth dieing for is the chair.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    Could just make the grenades do friendly fire to armor only, so you can't really entirely grief, but you can really hurt your team and yourself by being a knobend with one.
  • ShEpShEp Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72597Members
    I have to agree with maD maX, only reason some games last forever is because aliens don't prioritize what to kill. They just go for frags instead of focusing structures that will end the game (power node or command chair).

I don't think GL spam is an issue.
  • yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
    Marine turtling is a real problem considering no dropped weapon is ever lost, beaconing, MAC spam on the powernode, and the improved turrets.

And no @#$% you go for onos and rush the powernode, everyone knows that, but sometimes marines good too and can will still defend. It's uncanny how often and long marines turtle on the last point despite these commonly known strategies.
  • 4bdul4bdul Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164668Members
    edited November 2012
    Any damage to your own team would be the worst way to go.

I honestly don't see GL Spam being a problem - but if it is, then just have a limit instead of opening loop holes for griefing.
  • ShEpShEp Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72597Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2011320:date=Nov 5 2012, 06:30 PM:name=yehawmcgraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yehawmcgraw @ Nov 5 2012, 06:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011320"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And no @#$% you go for onos and rush the powernode, everyone knows that, but sometimes marines good too and can will still defend. It's uncanny how often and long marines turtle on the last point despite these commonly known strategies.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Actually with the powernodes a good idea is usually to get all the onoses to keep marines busy while everyone else focuses the powernode. Whenever I have been in a team that does this, it has never failed. 2 or 3 Onoses with carapace is more than enough to keep marines busy while busting the powernode.
    <!--quoteo(post=2011320:date=Nov 5 2012, 06:30 PM:name=yehawmcgraw)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (yehawmcgraw @ Nov 5 2012, 06:30 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011320"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->And no @#$% you go for onos and rush the powernode, everyone knows that, but sometimes marines good too and can will still defend. It's uncanny how often and long marines turtle on the last point despite these commonly known strategies.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Um since i was the one discussing people rushing power node i assume you were addressing that commment to me. READ MY STATEMENT AGAIN!!! Attacking the powernode does not end a game it temporarily handicapped the rines and most likely will result in the death of your higher lifeforms thereby forcing you to a lower lifeform to continue to be slaughtered. Trading high level lifeforms for a power node is why rines are successful at turtling. THE ONLY and i stress the word ONLY structure worth losing a 75 res lifeform for is a structure that ends the game!!

Again If the rines are turtling 3 onos 90% of the time can destroy a CC before they are all killed. 100% of the time 5 onos will kill the CC before they are all killed. I stress the fact that this is a suicide mission that onos will most likely die but not all of them at least not until the game is won....

The only time a rine team can do enough DPS to kill 3 onos before 3 onos can kill a CC is if A) the onos get distracted and attack players or other sturctures B) the rines have a handful of EXO left over hiding in the corner... In the case of A) Get your act together. In the case of B) wait 1-2 minutes and drop 2 more onos eggs.... 5-6 onos will be able to soak that damage....
  • RMJRMJ Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155190Members
    If GL is fine, then give Aliens something they can spam, its really that simple.

I suggest it being that Gorge can place down 25 Hydras without costing anything, or maybe 20, 20 or 25 seems fair.
  • SuperflySuperfly Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3485Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2011594:date=Nov 5 2012, 03:55 PM:name=RMJ)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RMJ @ Nov 5 2012, 03:55 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011594"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If GL is fine, then give Aliens something they can spam, its really that simple.

I suggest it being that Gorge can place down 25 Hydras without costing anything, or maybe 20, 20 or 25 seems fair.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They do have something to spam. Their called Skulks.
  • XaragothXaragoth Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154720Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2011628:date=Nov 5 2012, 10:26 PM:name=Superfly)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Superfly @ Nov 5 2012, 10:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011628"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They do have something to spam. Their called Skulks.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Which die in 1 Grenade.

The problem with the GL that even somebody who can't aim for ###### will get a massive amount of kills on lower lifeforms with it. All you have to do is fire off grenades in rotation and just reload on the conveniently placed Armory.

Grenade Launchers have been a problem for quite some time, but they went full bogus when Exos were released, because they provide a incredible support blocking most lifeforms from fighting the Exos and can be picked back up by anyone.

There is also the fact that Turtle-Mode for Marines in general is a problem. Ending a Match as Marines with a Exo Push is actually far easier to pull off than trying to end a match as Aliens.

GLs are also vastly superior picks over Flamethrowers in most cases, because they just are more valuable for the money. Aside from minor cleanups and Fade-burning, they are rarely used. If Whips actually did their job right, maybe that would change.

It could be sensible to just prevent GLs from instantly reloading to full on every run-of-the-mill Armory on the field. Limit their ammo a bit more to make sure they can't be spammed constantly like it happens now.

Or maybe it just comes down to poor scaling outside of the tournament team sizes. When you got 6 players, that means 5 on the field and most of their ressources will be used in sensible ways, not to mention the weaponry will be more limited. But when you got 12 or more on each side, the game just goes into a full-on spamfest. One or two GL is manageable. 5 of them are kind of insane. Same goes with Exos/Onos.

So maybe likely we need something to account for the amount of players instead of just a pure nerf to the GL.

Overall something needs to happen, because right now the state of the GL is pretty much a bit too good in all cases, except blowing yourself up by hitting the guy in front of you.

Or we simply give Aliens something of similar value. I'm sure the Marines will not mind that Bilebombs instantly kill them, right? >_>
    <!--quoteo(post=2011648:date=Nov 5 2012, 09:42 PM:name=Xaragoth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xaragoth @ Nov 5 2012, 09:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011648"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There is also the fact that Turtle-Mode for Marines in general is a problem. Ending a Match as Marines with a Exo Push is actually far easier to pull off than trying to end a match as Aliens.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really??? Really??? your comparison of skulks to exos is silly..... your right it is easyer to end a match with exos then skulks (yes im aware you used the word alien not skulks but you were discussing low level lifeforms (ie skulks))
  • XaragothXaragoth Join Date: 2012-08-03 Member: 154720Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2011678:date=Nov 5 2012, 11:08 PM:name=maD maX)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (maD maX @ Nov 5 2012, 11:08 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011678"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Really??? Really??? your comparison of skulks to exos is silly..... your right it is easyer to end a match with exos then skulks (yes im aware you used the word alien not skulks but you were discussing low level lifeforms (ie skulks))<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I was pointing out that as a lower life form, it's impossible to get near most Exos. This already happened in Beta and it's still true now. This isn't about trying to fight a Exo 1v1 with a Skulk. This is about bigger team fights.

And when I talk about Aliens, I mean a well mixed group of them. But even a standard Marine with only his Assault Rifle can do more to stop a Onos push than the Skulks can do to fight off the Exo Push right now. While the Marine can fire from a distance behind the Exo with little risk to his own life (except when he goes to weld the Exo), Skulks will have to get into the thick of it. If they even get close. Grenade Launchers right now make it very much impossible to properly assist your team in a fight with a Skulk. Hell, even Gorge and to some extend Lerks have a hard time.

Maybe the issue lies deeper than just the GL here, but the GL is right now what is causing the most problems.
  • wh173wh173 Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166609Members
    edited November 2012
    3 onos + illusions + lerk spores/umbra and gorge bile

no base can hold for more than a few seconds

a matter of organized teamwork
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Once 2-3 Onos actually get in range, GLs are useless due to the self-damage... and then the respawn gates would be backed up pretty quickly.

You can also have Fades blink in, or even unroot a bunch of whips and set them up near their entrance during a push.
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2012223:date=Nov 6 2012, 05:29 AM:name=Squishpoke)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Squishpoke @ Nov 6 2012, 05:29 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012223"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You can also have Fades blink in<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

2 grenades kill a fade.
    Fades cant blink anywhere near a marine turtle.