underwhelmed by the digital deluxe content

SixPairsOfFeetSixPairsOfFeet Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146689Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">4 wallpapers, 2 avatars?</div>Hey folks,

I really, really enjoyed the Soundtrack and the Digital Art Book (blew my mind quite a few times on those marine structures!), but the amount of wallpapers and avatars is a bit disappointing to be honest.

Will there be additions in the future?

Comments

• SixtyWattManSixtyWattMan Join Date: 2004-09-05 Member: 31404Members
    Don't forget the marine skin.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    Avatars and wallpapers are such non-content, I cannot see why you would want more.
  • SixPairsOfFeetSixPairsOfFeet Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146689Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    "Custom Steam avatars complete the package." Yeah, if there was one less avatar, it'd have to say "A custom Steam avatar completes the package" >_>

But I guess you're right. It's not a terribly big deal. The lerk wallpaper is awesome enough I suppose.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    There will be more in the future.
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    Love your work with the backgrounds Rant are you able to do more gorge ones?
  • SixPairsOfFeetSixPairsOfFeet Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146689Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey rantology,

I just re-read my posts and realized that what it says is not what I meant it to say :\

I didn't make it clear that the wallpapers are really good. Your skill and the time and effort you must have put into them really shows and it's not like you want to sit at home all day making wallpapers for snotty, "entitled" preorderers who then give you *!@∃μ about not doing enough work for free.

So thank you!

Instead of asking for more exclusive-to-the-preorder-master-race avatars (which are unappreciated non-content anyway, TIL), maybe I'll just whip out my graphics tablet and create the saddest attempt at a gorge ever.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited November 2012
    Oh I don't mind, it's legitimate criticism. I really wanted to have more content by the deadline but I was not able to do so. But on the bright side there is nothing stopping me from continuing to make it, whether it goes into the Deluxe edition or not (this is still TBD). I will continue making various wallpapers and avatars for some time to come though, especially avatars (I want to have an avatar for each class done).

In the meantime, here's <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=118794" target="_blank">my other thread</a> with a few more (not of as high a quality though) that I made before UWE asked me to make the Deluxe ones, that does have a couple of alien classes that I missed like gorge and fade.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    I thought the wallpapers were awesome. Some great artwork rantology! But yeah, the avatar "package" does feel a bit incomplete at the moment. :)
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    <!--coloro:#FFC0CB--><span style="color:#FFC0CB"><!--/coloro-->I love the artwork included with the deluxe goodies, great work Rant. :)

Looking forward to seeing more of your work, deluxe or otherwise.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
  • wh173wh173 Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166609Members
    i would like a more distinctive skin at least. if i hadnt pre ordered i surely wouldnt buy the "deluxe" just for these benefits.

would be cool if deluxe users could apply a custom decal to the helmet or something.